Anyone else really liking the new Old UNCF Murisame class Cruisers?

earth_sn04.jpg

and this looks like it's out of Macross....forget the name FZ something is what I'm thinking of or maybe the VF-14 either way....pure awesome!!

gamirasu_air03.jpg

I like EVERYTHING about Yamato 2199. Hijitaka being in the first series, the character background changes (only hinted at, but what was Yuki looking at on the bridge? As an example...) Thankfully Dr. Sado hasn't changed a bit though.

The animation is excellent throughout as well. Finally I like that the battle at Pluto was a diversion for Sasha (not a spoiler, it is stated pretty much up front).

The $90 price tag for an hour of animation is STEEP though. If it were not Yamato I would not be paying that much - the 2 hours of animation on future disks will be a welcome change, still higher then I would like to pay but a much better cost/quantity ratio I can at least justify.

I like EVERYTHING about Yamato 2199. Hijitaka being in the first series, the character background changes (only hinted at, but what was Yuki looking at on the bridge? As an example...) Thankfully Dr. Sado hasn't changed a bit though.

The animation is excellent throughout as well. Finally I like that the battle at Pluto was a diversion for Sasha (not a spoiler, it is stated pretty much up front).

The $90 price tag for an hour of animation is STEEP though. If it were not Yamato I would not be paying that much - the 2 hours of animation on future disks will be a welcome change, still higher then I would like to pay but a much better cost/quantity ratio I can at least justify.

Don't forget the sound design. It is SPECTACULAR. Using so many of the original sound effects, but integrating them perfectly!!!

Just watched through both episodes and was completely floored by them. I never watched Starblazers as a kid and the various times I've tried to watch through the original series have all kind of fallen apart after a few episodes since the old animation takes some getting used to, so this is perfect for me. I spent the entire time noticing the tiny details, like writing the destroyers' names on their sides like the IJN did in WWII, the English markings on the plane Kodai has on Mars, and the modern Japanese markings on the Cosmo Zero, including the ejection seat warning triangles, all the little NATO tiedown and lifting points, and the hinomaru on the wings.

Speaking of mechanical designs, I definitely think I might do one or two profiles from this like my Macross and real-world aviation ones. Anyone have good scans from GM DX 20 for the Cosmo Zero and Yukikaze side views?

Anyone else really liking the new Old UNCF Murisame class Cruisers?

and this looks like it's out of Macross....forget the name FZ something is what I'm thinking of or maybe the VF-14 either way....pure awesome!!

Fz-109A/F Elgerzorene, based on the VF-14 Vampire.

Edited by Talos

It's been a while since I've seen a tank design witha multi-barreled turret. It used to seem like they were everywhere in anime.

Which is good, since it is a stupid idea! But since it is Yamato, and the original had it, I will forgive them. (especially stupid in Yamato, where a single round from anything will kill anything - except Yamato of course)

I was over at starblazers.com reading the episode summeries for the third "bolar wars" series and I thought you guys appreciate this quote.

" Desslok appears to have made a drinking game out of these meetings. Every time he gets a good report, he takes a drink. When the report isn't good, Desslok doesn't get a sip and is therefore cranky. When Desslok gets cranky, he shoots people."

]

Its a tv summary of the launch ceremony where they first showed episode 1 (first half of chapter 1) to the public.

My report of said event can be found here:

http://www.starblazers.com/html.php?page_id=679

Just scored tickets for Chapter 2 on June 30 - a special screening with a talk by cast and staff, yay! :-)

That's awesome! Looking forward to reading about it. ;)

Chris

Sorry, but the PV I uploaded has been deleted by youtube because of the claim from BandaiChannel. The mail I received said it was a copyright violation.

Hmm, a stern discipline.

If you want to watch it again, go to BandaiChannel's web site. You have to know that it is only in Japanese.

Edited by antibiotictab

I just want to know if/when Bandai will release the rest of the 1/1000 fleet ships that they displayed at the hobby show. I really want the rest of the Earth fleet and the Gamila's.

Chris

Edited by Dobber