It hasn't been releaesed yet. Both the DVD and Bluray come out in Japan on the 25th of this month.

Actually, the limited edition was released already on DVD and bluray but was only available at cinemas and sold out at most locations in the first weekend.

As for the normal version, yep you have the release date correct o(^▽^)o

Already been posted on the previous page.

Chris

Actually, what was posted in the other page was my innicial, very choppy rip. This is a better video stream with english and portuguese subs made by me and revised by fello Yamato fan and writer August Ragone.

Apologies, when i initially played it the subs didn't start. I didn't notice the CC button. Hope the official subs are just as good.

Chris

They've added more chicks and kept the "wow-chika-wow-wow" music-awesome! Hot stuff, thanks for posting!

Funds don't allow me to import the blurays, otherwise I'd be all over them, the SEED HD Remaster, & AGE, so for now I'm just hoping it somehow get's licensed when it's done.

Tell me about it. I thought it'd be a simple matter of ordering it off of Amazon JP but $100 isn't simple at all...

Edited by myk

It looks like Bandai's staying in scale for the rest of the ships. :)

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/020189/

Very interesting! They've retconned the size of the Yamato in this new anime from the original length of 265 meters to 333 meters, due to the scale inconsistencies:

The settings will be reviewed by the staff of this time in anime "Space Battleship Yamato 2199", overall length is 333 meters and then scale up the Yamato itself. This is a value was derived by re-interpret the inconsistency of the size on the configuration of the aircraft and the human and the ship had been pointed out frequently in the older movies, Yamato Plastic Model's new this time with a total length of 33 cm in short is a conventional It is a translation to be equivalent to 1/800 scale speaking about.

I always knew there couldn't possibly be room for all those fighters when the Yamato was supposed to be 265 meters long, glad they've finally made an effort to fix things like that in the Anime.

BTW, I ordered two kits, one will be mostly unpainted with only touch up paint for the sprue marks, the other I will attempt to paint up fully once I get an air brush.

-Kyp

I'm glad they're launching more ships and in scale to one another (That will not fly if they make Yamato 2201 XD ). Though it makes me a bit pissy that, since i got the 1/500 Yamato, i'll have to get the new 1/1000 to keep it all in scale. XDDD Yeah, that will be a stretch. The detail is pretty much the same, though the 1/500 is sharper, 1/1000 is a better scale for people with limited space and since the Yamato has the cut-out feature it is worth the buy. The Kirishima looks especially awesome and seems to have an opening hangar with scout plane. :D But the true gems are the Gamilas ships, the detail and scale are awesome, the Gaiderol looks way better than in the original (though it looks a bit too much Zentraedi XDDD ).

Hope they keep the quality they got in the 1/500. Paint wise, besides a few details and weathering, i'm not painting it. I was thinking about it but since the color is supposed to have been engineered by Bandai to fit the Yamato hull color i didn't. What i did was rubbing the whole thing with fine sandpaper and apply Pro Modeller Black Weathering Wash and believe me, the texture it gives the plastic is amazing. I'll just apply a few hull markings like those seen in the Yamato 2199 close-ups and that's it. Biggest piece of paint i'll apply is the top of the smoke-stack wich should be grey instead of red. And i'll have to fix the 3rd bridge (i applied the clear plastic with clear green wash and it shoul be red part). Pictures to follow :D

Yamato 2199 models in a consistent 1/1000 scale?... You all should see the evil look my wallet just gave me. :ph34r:

Yeah no kidding. Ouch!!

Chris

I hope they make the Comet Empire series as well, I'd love to see them update the Andromeda....like actually give it some AA guns or something. :D

Chris

Without a doubt, the remake is leaps and bounds better in every way (it's fluid, detailed, objects have a constancy of shape and color and scale, characters have a contemporary look that is still reminiscent of the originals), but the original still looks damn good and has a charm all its own... it was far ahead of its time when it was new.

I hope they make the Comet Empire series as well, I'd love to see them update the Andromeda....like actually give it some AA guns or something. :D

Chris

From your typing fingers to the show producers' and sponsors' ears...

Edited by mechaninac

Chris

I always loved the Andromeda design but could never understand why they didn't "pimp" that ship out completely; it is a "Super-Space-Dreadnought" class of a ship, after all. Was that Gideon I saw in episode 1 or 2?

Yes, that was Gideon, or Hijikata, if you want his actual Japanese name. It does make sense to see him in the new version since it is mentioned in the second series that Hijikata was one of Kodai's instructors.

One of the other things that I like about the new series is that there's actually several female crew members aboard the Yamato. I always found it strange that the original series did show several women boarding the Yamato in one of the first episodes, but then totally ignores that fact for the rest of the series. This time around we have at least three that will be significant characters in the new series. Of course, there's Yuki Mori, plus Dr Sado's nurse. The third female character is actually a gender switch for Yamamoto, one of the fighter pilots under Kato's command.

Speaking of Yuki, anyone see that promo poster of her lying on an a raft wearing nothing but a Cosmo-Navy issued bikini? This is not your father's Space Cruiser Yamato, lol...

TU Tochiro... i dont think i had this heavy a mechaBoner since MF's first episode... i just hope they make Desloc as much a .... well, either the japanese or Star Blazers version of campy questionable sexual leaning-but totally awesome leader skills. the animation looks LUSIOUS! :wub: :wub: :wub:

TU Tochiro... i dont think i had this heavy a mechaBoner since MF's first episode... i just hope they make Desloc as much a .... well, either the japanese or Star Blazers version of campy questionable sexual leaning-but totally awesome leader skills. the animation looks LUSIOUS! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Actually, a friend of mine was used as the model for Desslers face- I don't think he would like to be portrayed as campy with questionable sexual leanings lol!

Besides which, it looks like Kouichi Yamadera will be playing the role:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-24/koichi-yamadera-to-voice-yamato-2199-antagonist-dessler

Wow, spike is dessler. Yamadera seems to hold the record for voicIng classic characters in recent remakes: Harlock in endless oddessey, Kodai in Ressurection, Zenigata in A Woman Called Mine Fujiko....

OMG!! That looks so incredible! I so want this on blu-ray.....just $100 is hard to justify

Chris

As others have pointed out, I find that amazon preorders bring each volume down to 5000yn or so. That's how I got Frontier and am still getting Unicorn. Pricey but far better than the 7000-8000yen most discs cost at retail. And I know I'm getting quality so I have no problems having to skip lesser quality anime as a result of using up my budget on a handful of awesome shows. :-)

Edited by Tochiro

It's actually a decent price considering how much they're going for on Yahoo Auctions. I ordered one too.

Does anyone know where I can track down one of those nifty UNCF metallic stickers? They're getting harder to find these days. :(

So jealous! I have to wait till the end of next week for my blu-ray to arrive.

Question, did you buy the DVD also or does the blu-ray come with an outer box/jacket. Amazon.jp showed 2 different boxes for the blu-ray....I prefer the cover with just the Yamato on it and the close up of the Cosmo zero for V 2. I thought those covers we're just for the DVD versions but on amazon.jp you can see the side of those covers and they say blu-ray.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/宇宙戦艦ヤマト-2199-1-Blu-ray-出渕裕/dp/B00799I57A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337970605&sr=8-1

Chris

Edited by Dobber

OMG! :blink::o

Slightly OT since it's the live action movie version, but still... DAYUM!!!

Golly, that thing looks better than real life...