Macross Zero Episode 3 on DVD

Mechamaniac

Gentlemen and Ladies, I give you Macross Zero Episode 3 complete with subtitles, and a nice bootleg set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=41524

Cover art looks nice at least.

Obviously, if you live somewhere that has the official stuff, you should buy that, but for those of us without Code free and NTSC/PAL DVD players, this is our only choice.

for the simple fact:

1) HK Bootlegs are translated for two languages, 1 is Japanese to Chinese, and another is interpeting that Japanese from chinese to english and words or phrases get very messed up, I've seen enough Bootlegs in my lifetime to know that your chances of getting something that'd be atleast as good as a digifansub is slim to none. Let's face it, Anime Junkies does better job than most HK Bootlegers.

2) Macross Zero bootlegs don't appear to be that good of quality to a DVD, and the fansubs are rather weak.

While it's nice to have a cheap lil dvd for 11 bucks compared to the Japanese price of having to pay 50, your better off just downloading the volume which can range from 250-350 megs, finish it in a few hours to a few days and copy it to CD or if you have a DVD/RW make it into a DVD of your own watch it just about anywhere.

Hmm, let's see.

-Spend multiples of hours downloading the episode, finding the proper codec's to play it, worrying that the download client may have spyware, having someone's bad subtitles hard encoded on the video, buying a DVD burner, installing a DVD burning, tracking down DVD encoding software, wasting precious printer ink to make a cover, tracking down a spare amaray case....

or

-Picking up an $11 HK DVD, premake art, passable subtitles (download a script if necessary).

Which is better again??? :)

Hmm, let's see.

-Spend multiples of hours downloading the episode, finding the proper codec's to play it, worrying that the download client may have spyware, having someone's bad subtitles hard encoded on the video, buying a DVD burner, installing a DVD burning, tracking down DVD encoding software, wasting precious printer ink to make a cover, tracking down a spare amaray case....

or

-Picking up an $11 HK DVD, premake art, passable subtitles (download a script if necessary).

Downloading!

at least that way someone isn't making money off of someone else's hard work, and the fan still has to make some kind of effort to acquire it ;)

Not to mention most fansubs are made as .avi files which can be played on Divx, Realplayer, Windows Media. If there's a problem with the codecs just go to whichever media homepage you use and download the current version. IF you scan the file before you play it you'll know if there's a virus in it.

Downloading is easier, less expensive, and doesn't support the pirates. I'm sure Ricebox or Newlife will have Zero 3 out very soon.

Or folks, AT LEAST wait till macross Zero is released in a gatefold :p I hope when they do gatefold it it's on nothing less then 2 discs, even though all five episodes could fit on one disc, I want quality ^_^

And not all bootlegs automatically have crappy subtitles. I've bought enough over the years to see that's not always the case. Especially with the company Animation Video, who's original subtitle jobs I've seen or incredible. And with MI's redone SEED subtitles, I think the HK companies are finally realizing the huge potentional that English speaking markets are.

buying a DVD burner, installing a DVD burning, tracking down DVD encoding software, wasting precious printer ink to make a cover, tracking down a spare amaray case....

or

not to mention dvd burners are starting to be reasonable in price and have the software bundled with it. printing it out if anybody does that is not realy precious and i get tons of those dvd cases from my friends aol, msn, earthlink, juno, ect... for free in my mail.

so is it up on winMX?

Hmm, let's see.

or

For any person at least half computer literate person and with any sense of ethics, the first choice.

or

You must be a real fool to have that kind of PC problems. The subs in HK DVD are crappy. I will just download and wait for the R1, which will probably be cheaper than this stupid rip-off of $11 per episode.

Oh boy here we go again...every time a new episode of Macros Zero comes out its the same BS. Buy or download what you want. Either way you're stealing. MW's double standard on bootlegs is ridiculous anyway. No one deters anyone from buying the FX DYRL or HK FlashBack 2012 DVD, for example.

I have a region free DVD player and I'll buy the bootleg. Macross Zero isn't worth 50.00 a DVD for 30 minutes. I also doubt that HK Macross Zero 3 DVD is actually out. Its probably just an HK "preorder". The same thing happened when Macross Zero 2 came out.

I will just download and wait for the R1, which will probably be cheaper than this stupid rip-off of $11 per episode.

What? :blink:

If Macross Zero ever gets an official R1 release, they will undoubtedly apply the needless anime markup, and though they could fit all 5 eps of the OVA on one DVD, they will undoubtedly release one episode per DVD at $29.99 per.

[if Macross Zero ever gets an official R1 release, they will undoubtedly apply the needless anime markup, and though they could fit all 5 eps of the OVA on one DVD, they will undoubtedly release one episode per DVD at $29.99 per.

uh no

It would most likely get a similar release to Yukikaze, five episodes over two disks. Nobody does one episode per disk releases in R1.

Edited by Panon

[if Macross Zero ever gets an official R1 release, they will undoubtedly apply the needless anime markup, and though they could fit all 5 eps of the OVA on one DVD, they will undoubtedly release one episode per DVD at $29.99 per.

uh no

It would most likely get a similar release to Yukikaze, five episodes over two disks. Nobody does one episode per disk releases in R1.

Blue Submarine No 6 was one episode per DVD when it was first released.

I thought the same about Macross Zero if and when it comes to the US. But like you said with Yukikaze's release it could be like that too.

Hmm, let's see.

or

For any person at least half computer literate person and with any sense of ethics, the first choice.

Well, I'm certainly more than half computer literate. And as far as ethics goes, it doesn't matter whether I dl or buy a boot, because Big West isn't getting anything for either. Now, considering how long my internet would have to be tied up (broadband isn't available here yet), and the electricity to run my computer long enough to download it, the price of a blank DVD, the cost of paper and ink to print a cover and a label for the disc itself, the fact that internet fansubs might have better subs but probably worse audio and video, then the time I'd spend creating a menu and chapter stops, plus the time to re-encode the video to MPEG-2 before I burn it, even if I figure that I can get the case for free from AOL or something, it's still a hell of a lot easier to just buy the bootleg.

I'll buy it when Ep4 comes out. I was rather disappointed with ep2, and don't need to see Ep3 right now like I felt when Ep2 was going to come out. I would buy the official ones, but for some reason, M is one of those few series I need subs for. Besides, I'm too busy spending all my money on the Kamen Rider Ryuki and 555 R2s.

Hmm, let's see.

or

It has nothing to do with computer literacy, and everything to do with not needing unnecessary hardware/software, broadband, etc.

If $11 a disc is too rich for your blood, then you're apparently the foolish one.

LOL, Ever hear of Blue Submarine Number 6? They released each episide, one at a time for over 20 dollars per episode, then, later on they released the collections. It has been done before, and it will undoubtedly happen again, never put it past the scumbags to try to rake the money out of the fans.

That being said, if they do release this stateside I will buy the set, but I am not going to wait 2 years to see the thing, bootleggers are a sad fact of life, if people want something and are willing to pay for it, and the production companies don't fill that need, someone will whether they be internet pirates or bootleggers selling hard copies it all comes down to people obtaining unlicensed product through improper channels. Trying to place some moral high value on stealing for free over paying for stolen goods is sorta like the old saying about arguing on the internet..... you know the one. :p

LOL, Ever hear of Blue Submarine Number 6? They released each episide, one at a time for over 20 dollars per episode, then, later on they released the collections. It has been done before, and it will undoubtedly happen again, never put it past the scumbags to try to rake the money out of the fans.

They may be "scumbag" but this is also a competitive market. BlueSub6 were the first bunch of DVD released by Bandai and they haven't do that again in years. Obviously when everyone else release multiple episode per disc, they realize the total rip-off business model in Japan would not work.

It has nothing to do with computer literacy, and everything to do with not needing unnecessary hardware/software, broadband, etc.

If $11 a disc is too rich for your blood, then you're apparently the foolish one.

Too rich for my blood? Hardly.

I'm just smarter than to give my money to criminals for stolen goods (or 'bads' considering the substandard quality of bootlegs).

Panon Posted on Dec 2 2003, 04:56 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 2 2003, 01:04 AM)

Too rich for my blood? Hardly.

I'm just smarter than to give my money to criminals for stolen goods (or 'bads' considering the substandard quality of bootlegs). 

Dude, if you get down to it, downloading or buying bootlegs, Big West is still not getting any profit from this.

Get off your high horse and stop deluding yourself you're doing a good deed by downloading.

Hmm, let's see.

or

So true.

If you don't want to pay 11 bucks an episode, wait till the whole show is done. The gatefold will roll out and be a better deal (or in Macross Zero's case, it'll probably be a single DVD with all the episodes, meaning all five for 11 bucks.) I'm downloading the episodes now and will buy the HK set when all the episodes are in a set, so ic an delete the fansubs and have a hardcopy of the show.

Hmm, let's see.

or

what are you talking about? It took me 20 minutes to get Episode 3 on Bit Torrent. And there's no spyware to worry about. Plus it's a fansub.