The Ghostbusters III Thread.

UN Spacy

B))B))B))

I didn't want an Indy 4. :(

I sure as HELL want this. :D

SCRIPT. HAS. BEEN. GREENLIT.

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2010/10/14/gb-day-in-italy-a-rousing-success-sony-rep-confirms-script-approval/

PLUS...Bill Murray at the Scream Awards...the cat is out of the bag.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118025898.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Hush! You're gonna wake up Wanzerfan.:ph34r:

...Well the kid does have the complete psychopath nailed down (Check out this season's CSI Vegas).

I wonder if this will bring Rick Moranis back to acting.

Only if Hell froze over; he wasn't in the game after all.

I can't believe the raa-raa squad we have for this movie here. If it is a good film, fine. BUT, I predict that it will be about as painful good as Blues Brothers 2000.

Taksraven

So how do you guys think the story will pan out? "Team comes out of retirement and gets together one last time"? "Story resumes during business as usual"? "Training a hip new young team"? "Establishing a Ghostbusters Academy"? All of the above? I think whatever happens the movie should be a lot of fun, and I'm going into it with an open mind. Well, as long as that Justin Beaver chick isn't involved.

lol I really do hope the 3rd is done well, Im one of the peeps that actually likes no.2.

The only bit of 2 that I liked was the Titanic arriving at New York finally. THAT was a great idea.......

Besides, we all know that they should do a film based on this, after all, it is the REAL Ghostbusters....

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

The last I'd heard of this, they were having seconds thoughts. Although everyone was interested in returning (including Rick Moranis), Bill Murray said that when they realized the guys writing the movie were the same ones who did Year One, some of the enthusiasm died. :p Reitman and the Ghostbusters were at least cognizant of the second movie being very flawed, so I was hopeful. Now I'm just cautiously optimistic. Hell--I'm still skeptical about whether or not the film is actually moving forward... :rolleyes:

The only bit of 2 that I liked was the Titanic arriving at New York finally. THAT was a great idea.......

Besides, we all know that they should do a film based on this, after all, it is the REAL Ghostbusters....

Taksraven

I hate to say this, but Qubo Channel (Channel 49.2 here in Houston, Texas) airs that drek <_< along with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and *shudder* She-Ra Princess of Power as a part of their Qubo Night Owl block (I should call it the Filmation block).

I liked "The Real Ghostbusters", mainly because Lorenzo Music did vocal talent on the series for the first season or two; I liked him as Dr. Peter Venkman (sp.?).

Edited by Wanzerfan

The Real Ghostbusters was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid. Think they're available on DVD already.

There are a ton of episodes from that series which could easily be expanded to a full length movie. Citizen Ghost is the first that comes to mind. Ragnarok and Roll is another.

Real GB Set

Edited by Zor Primus

So how do you guys think the story will pan out? "Team comes out of retirement and gets together one last time"?

Yes.

At the start.

Bill Murray's character will be in jail for some swindle.

The other two should be in a mental institution.

The black guy (can't remember his name either) could be doing a spot on "I love the 80's" - focusing on the GhostBusters.

Rick Moranis would be a big shot lawyer now.

The receptionist would be the only one left at GB HQ

Sigourney Weaver could be a drunken bum (think of the original silk specter)

The plot revolves around the baby from the second movie all grown up now - and still haunted. (Other then that pretend the second movie didn't happen).

Different note - Favorite bit from the GB cartoon was when three ghosts "Beam" into the scene, one looks at the others and says "We're dead Jim" - and they go away.

Different note - Favorite bit from the GB cartoon was when three ghosts "Beam" into the scene, one looks at the others and says "We're dead Jim" - and they go away.

I remember that episode! The GB's were in Hollywood and were being attacked by ghosts from different TV shows. :lol:

Staaaaaaaaar Paaaaatrooooolll!!!

Edited by Zor Primus

So how do you guys think the story will pan out? "Team comes out of retirement and gets together one last time"? "Story resumes during business as usual"? "Training a hip new young team"? "Establishing a Ghostbusters Academy"? All of the above? I think whatever happens the movie should be a lot of fun, and I'm going into it with an open mind. Well, as long as that Justin Beaver chick isn't involved.

The Ghostbusters become a huge frnachise like Home Depot and an evil spirit shows up and defeats all the newer ghostbusters. This brings back the OG troop and Ray takes out an iphone and apps the ghost to another dimension. The End.

• 2 months later...

I hope the story for the new movie will be good, so let's not feed the rumor mill.

Something a little off topic, but related to a previous post I made, the final show on Qubo's Night Owl block is BraveStarr (anyone wants 30-30's rifle *cough* howitzer *cough*?)

Actually, Ghostbusters II came out twenty years ago. Despite not doing well critically, it was fairly successful commercially. Other than a new cartoon in the late '90's and a video game that came out in 2009, there hasn't been anything. The third movie has been in development hell (no pun intended) for years.