Wonder Woman returns to tv

Wut? :blink:

The project is described as a reinvention of the iconic D.C. comic in which Wonder Woman -- aka Diana Prince -- is a vigilante crime fighter in L.A. but also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life.

-b.

Wut? :blink:

The project is described as a reinvention of the iconic D.C. comic in which Wonder Woman -- aka Diana Prince -- is a vigilante crime fighter in L.A. but also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life.

-b.

lol. The idea of a superhero/vigilante in L.A. always strikes me as silly. I mean, is she going to fly from Compton to the Valley or is she going to base her operations downtown by the Staples Center and run to Hollywood Bowl? Los Angeles is so spread out I always feel bad for people that come here to sight see. But I guess if there was a hot chick in tights fighting crime here I'd go to Hollywood and rob an Urth Cafe.

lol. The idea of a superhero/vigilante in L.A. always strikes me as silly. I mean, is she going to fly from Compton to the Valley or is she going to base her operations downtown by the Staples Center and run to Hollywood Bowl? Los Angeles is so spread out I always feel bad for people that come here to sight see. But I guess if there was a hot chick in tights fighting crime here I'd go to Hollywood and rob an Urth Cafe.

lol - Exactly, the premise that they're floating is dumb. They might as well base her in South Beach (Miami for anyone who may not know). At least then she'd have a valid excuse to wear the costume we all know and love.

-b.

lol - Exactly, the premise that they're floating is dumb. They might as well base her in South Beach (Miami for anyone who may not know). At least then she'd have a valid excuse to wear the costume we all know and love.

-b.

This is going to suck. There is no way it not be otherwise.

If this is David Kelly's premise for the show, I feel like this is a throwback to 1974 and Cathy Lee Crosby. Remember how that turned out, Kelly? <_<

But at least the Cathy Lee Crosby version was based on the Kung-Fu kickin' Emma Peel/Modesty Blaze style "New" Wonder Woman from the 70's. I don't see WW as a corporate raider; Diana is a teacher or even a ambassador type.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Maybe Wonder Woman could be a single mom trying to raiser a daughter in high school, while balancing work & crimefighting. Dead beat dad Superman would be off flying around the world instead of paying child support. And daughter A-Ko could get into crazy adventure's fighting with her classmate B-Ko over the most obnoxous being in the universe.

I like Erica Cerra (Jo Lupo on Eureka) for WW. Has the right look and she's not scrawny but still feminine.

She's the same actress that played Maya on Battlestar Galactica, right? (The cute girl that was raising Baby Hera on New Caprica.)

On looks alone, I can see her fitting the role nicely.

Maybe Wonder Woman could be a single mom trying to raiser a daughter in high school, while balancing work & crimefighting. Dead beat dad Superman would be off flying around the world instead of paying child support. And daughter A-Ko could get into crazy adventure's fighting with her classmate B-Ko over the most obnoxous being in the universe.

:lol: That was DAMN FUNNY!

• 4 weeks later...

'cuz they wanna make it hip, modern, and relatable. :rolleyes:

Good gravy that casting sheet sounds like a bad chick flick!

Let me guess, if they get to a Season 2 or 3, WW is gonna FINALLY get all her crazy, conflicting aspects of her life in order. . . . . . only to get pregnant or adopt a baby!!!!

It would have been cool if they did the series as a less brooding, slightly less sassy version of Dark Angel (without the stupid human-animal hybrids crap from the second season, of course ;) ).

Adrianne Palicki is Wonder Woman!

That said, I'm still wary of Kelly's pitch for our famous Amazon.

edit: And the casting sheet:

Wonder Woman TV Series Casting Sheet

She played a "proto" Supergirl in Smallville: Jor-El resurrected a dead girl and gave her Kryptonian powers. Clark even called her his cousin to Lana. She also played an Atlantean assassin in the unaired Aquaman pilot.

Wonder Woman is presented as a weepy career woman-slash-superheroine with three identities (Wonder Woman; Diana Themyscira, the chairman of Themyscira Industries; and mousy assistant Diana Price) to juggle.

Sybil on steroids.

lol. I understand the need for a secret identity but to make it hard on yourself by pretending to be the eccentric billionairess and the assistant at the same time?

"uh, she's not in right now. Oh wait, she said to let you in while I get her coffee. Wait right here and she'll get up and open the door herself as soon as I turn that corner."

BTW, the pilot script did leak out a few weeks back:

Wonder Woman: A Sneak Peek at David E. Kelley's Script

SCRIPT REVIEW: David E. Kelley's WONDER WOMAN Pilot

I love comic books. But usually, I *loathe* adaptations.

All Hollywood wants is the established name. Nothing else. This Wonder Woman has nothing to do with Wonder Woman but the namesake.

If you're going to make a movie about Batman, try reading the comics and attempt to stick to the core of what made that icon an icon. Chris Nolan understood this basic concept, and we got an exceptional franchise that broke box office records. Hale Berry as Catwoman with supernatural powers? Fail. Batman with nipples on his costume? Fail! And Wonder Woman as a want-a-be Bruce Wayne? WTF.

This is only Wonder Woman by name.

meh, WW in the comics has used alternate identities before and diana prince was even a secretary for a while. This is hardly any sort of significant altering of the core WW story.

if it's good, I'll watch it, if it's bad, I won't. But playing around with her alter ego identity and backstory isn't anything worse than they've done on smallville to any number of DC heroes, including what they did to superman himself.

meh, WW in the comics has used alternate identities before and diana prince was even a secretary for a while. This is hardly any sort of significant altering of the core WW story.

if it's good, I'll watch it, if it's bad, I won't. But playing around with her alter ego identity and backstory isn't anything worse than they've done on smallville to any number of DC heroes, including what they did to superman himself.

Actually, Wonder Woman is not even human. And her entire history is laced with Greek Mythology. She is an ambassador to man's world. None of this is found in this adaptation. It's Wonder Woman by name only. It's a hollow gutless soul. At least Smallville tried to keep the essence of the mythology and the character. The basic building blocks are there for Superman's history. None of it is found in this WW adaptation.

Edited by ae_productions