Yamato 1/60 Regult

UN Spacy

As cool as those pictures look, count me as a "naahh" on a 1/60. There's just other stuff I'd want them to concentrate on and make first over this and the effort they put in wouldn't be worth it, I think.

The amazing thing about the Regult kit was that everything except for the transparent resin lights was made of HDP. I don't think it even required glue. If they used ABS and some diecast for the ratcheting/detentured joints it might have been fine.It would have been relatively cheap too seeing as it is no more complex than the Queadluun Rau.

Possible releases could include the scout and light and heavy missile variants. DYRL color scheme, maybe...

Otherwise it's probably just a matter of time until someone creates a 3D printable model...

Yeah, I here ya.

It's just funny to me when people say that it should be cheaper because it's not transformable when it should be more about the parts count from the molds and other factors.

Edited by xrentonx

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I here ya.

It's just funny to me when people say that it should be cheaper because it's not transformable when it should be more about the parts count from the molds and other factors.

Don't forget the size of the mold also. The regult has that huge "head" part that can't be divided up because it would be unstable. Also the long lower legs. Big pieces like that cost a lot to make. The regult has several parts that are bigger than the largest parts on a VF. It's a good idea to hollow it out but size and demand still make it not so viable for production.

The Regult is having some legs issues. I will post some more pics in a bit. It was not even close to standing on its own.

BUT Finally got most of my custom 1/60 Z guys done.

They are 5.5 inches tall ( t-rex are 6 inches ) and fully posable with articulated hands. Yellow Submarine ball joints in the hips and neck and elbows. Wave option system joints in knees and elbows ( elbows double jointed ).

They are fully painted and lightly weathered, and come with rifle, removable gun strap, custom UZ firing effect -- and officer comes with a ceremonial cape.

Limited to 12 pieces - 6 brown and 6 green, + I might let go of my protoype that uses Revoltech joints instead. Working on packaging and a few final things - likely 2 or 3 weeks I could ship some.

I will make an official post in the For Sale area once I'm ready... but PHEW - that took wayyy to long . . .

post-8486-0-81971700-1392055869_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-20411400-1392055886_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-11626800-1392055911_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-24219000-1392055957_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-14431300-1392055985_thumb.jpg

The Regult is having some legs issues. I will post some more pics in a bit. It was not even close to standing on its own.

BUT Finally got most of my custom 1/60 Z guys done.

They are 5.5 inches tall ( t-rex are 6 inches ) and fully posable with articulated hands. Yellow Submarine ball joints in the hips and neck and elbows. Wave option system joints in knees and elbows ( elbows double jointed ).

They are fully painted and lightly weathered, and come with rifle, removable gun strap, custom UZ firing effect -- and officer comes with a ceremonial cape.

Limited to 12 pieces - 6 brown and 6 green, + I might let go of my protoype that uses Revoltech joints instead. Working on packaging and a few final things - likely 2 or 3 weeks I could ship some.

I will make an official post in the For Sale area once I'm ready... but PHEW - that took wayyy to long . . .

attachicon.gifTrio_2_sm.jpg

Congratulations on completing those models DarrinG. They look great! :)

Not sure at my asking price there will be a huge rush for the Z guys. I have about $200 sunk cost in each, and then my time on each for should be about $400 on top. That will be too much so I cannot ask that in good conscience. So I am thinking $389 for brown, $399 for green, but I am still collating.

Many UNFINISHED kits cost that much, and these are limited edition, and they are completed. And no waiting 6 months to a year to have them in possession.

I was very close to saying $489 and $499 but the hands do not hold the rifle well, at all. Better off gluing it in. And if you move the elbows too far bent the ball joint will pop out and that can be frustrating. And there is chance of paint scratch, especially on the back of hips. So that is why I am thinking about knocking off $100 each.

ANYWAY though - since this is a Regult thread -- -- The FIX IS IN.

No squatting position for this guy, the legs had to be fixed upright - bummer, but he is still an impressive piece . . .

post-8486-0-43333300-1392133746_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-06449800-1392133772_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-64208700-1392133781_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I don't check out the toy section much anymore, but glad i had a chance to see these! Really awesome work all around, I need to repaint my regult at some point, I was pretty happy with mine but need to fix a couple of issues.

Did you get the decals from JT graphics? They look like the ones i had him do for the 1/48 regult but was not sure if you guys were able to get a hold of him for the 1/60 resize.

As for my experience with this 1/60 in regard to the legs, IMO glue them in place, one of the reasons i need a repaint it repeated falls from the shelf!

mike

• 4 weeks later...

Think I am going to mount the rifle in the gun hand on the Z pilots.

post-8486-0-32462800-1395079031_thumb.jpg

The pin I mounted in the handles (with the aim to make the gun stay in better) --- makes the handles weak, and they can break with the endless fiddling that one must do to get the articulated hand to hold the rifle well (or at all).

Its unfortunate because it looks cool to sling the rifle over the shoulder. Guess I could include a gun hand and a non gun right hand, but I am already mucho $$$ into this and do not want to drain anymore funds I will not get back.

Oh boy - that does seem like the ticket though - include an extra non-gun hand. Sigh.

--- Should I make a new thread in TOYS titled: Custom 1/60 TV Zentran and Meltran Figures ??

Anyway - here is a quick cell phone pic of the first Meltran off the line (8 will be made), better photos at the end of the week.

She can be in hair- or helmut- mode . . .

post-8486-0-69485300-1395078874_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-89772300-1395078886.jpg

Zs and Ms should be officially for sale in 2 weeks, unless I try to include an extra articulated right hand for all the Z Guys that is . . .