Alternator Hound

91WhiskeyM6

I think he looks great, and if his legs are where I think they are in vehicle mode, the back row of seats can fold down (or at least back...and the front seats can fold forward, too!)

Shadower V2: Police jeep...doesn't sound like a bad idea at all...Just give him yellow lightbars for a park service ride, or full Prowl regalia...Or all-black...

I don't get this great love for the original hound. I have almost all the series 1 G1's and I always thought he was the worst proportioned of the lot with the over sized feet and practically non existent arms.

That's OK if you don't get it. Most people don't understand greatness. :p

Seriously, all of the original TF's had some sort of proportion problems.

I just don't think this is a good interpretation of Hound, and I don't care for 1) how the final product looks, and 2) That hound is now a civilian vehicle instead of a military vehicle.

It's like making the new Starscream a civilian Learjet instead of something which is definitely, beyond a doubt, military-based.

Now what we really need to see, if they want to update everything, is Soundwave or Blaster as an iPod... :rolleyes:

First of all. I don't understand why people wanted Hound to be a Hummer. Hound's a Jeep brand. Get over it.

Second of all, I love the new Hound. The engineers did a hell of job in designing it. I'm a Jeepaholic so this has my name all over it. As for the small weps. All of the Alternators line have to follow a set of rules that were established in the Armada line.

1) Articulation

2) All weapons and body parts must either be hidden in, or incorporated into, the alt mode (which is why they are small in Alternators.)

Blame Hasbro for that (Which should be easy for the majority of yall <_< ), but for me, it means no more missing parts. And I commend Hasbro for bringing the pics onlinequickly before they showed up through illegal mesures. I'm definately gettin this (Takara version, of course :) )

And Hound is okay I guess. Although I really wanted him to be a military Humvee. Ah, well..you can't have it all and he will still be a must buy. Anyone have a clue as to when the Takara (diecast) version is set to hit the shelves? I really think the Binaltech/Alternators line is the best thing to happen to Transformers in ages! smile.gif

Wonder when we'll get to see pics of Tracks? (the corvette alternator) unsure.gif

from what i've gathered so far, takara's third binaltech release is going to be a silver/bluestreak repaint of the smokescreen WRX mold, which should be out sometime early 2004. so hound would be released a month or two after that. as for tracks, the assumption is that he's the new c6 corvette, which hasn't even been officially displayed yet, so odds are that we won't see even the prototype until january or so when its debuted. its unclear when the alternators versions of hound and tracks will be out, though march is the speculated date.

First of all. I don't understand why people wanted Hound to be a Hummer. Hound's a Jeep brand. Get over it.

Well, I guess you see things differently than I do.

To me, Hound was a military vehicle. He was a Jeep only because that's what the military was using. Now the military is using Humvees.

If you can't understand that, then poo on you.

:p

Well, I guess you see things differently than I do.

To me, Hound was a military vehicle. He was a Jeep only because that's what the military was using. Now the military is using Humvees.

If you can't understand that, then poo on you.

:p

Um, yeah I can't count the number of Jeeps I saw with bright chrome machineguns when I was in the Army. :p

I don't get this great love for the original hound. I have almost all the series 1 G1's and I always thought he was the worst proportioned of the lot with the over sized feet and practically non existent arms.

That's OK if you don't get it. Most people don't understand greatness. :p

Seriously, all of the original TF's had some sort of proportion problems.

I just don't think this is a good interpretation of Hound, and I don't care for 1) how the final product looks, and 2) That hound is now a civilian vehicle instead of a military vehicle.

It's like making the new Starscream a civilian Learjet instead of something which is definitely, beyond a doubt, military-based.

Now what we really need to see, if they want to update everything, is Soundwave or Blaster as an iPod... :rolleyes:

Hehe. Was thinking though which G1 series 1 or 2 do you all think looks most like the character did on the screen? I always thought Inferno/grapple had the best bot mode of the lot. Hell stick ball joints at the hips and knees and you could have a sweetly articulated figure as that molds from the waist up was great.

Hehe. Was thinking though which G1 series 1 or 2 do you all think looks most like the character did on the screen? I always thought Inferno/grapple had the best bot mode of the lot. Hell stick ball joints at the hips and knees and you could have a sweetly articulated figure as that molds from the waist up was great.

I think, visually, it's either Ravage or Laserbeak.

Ravage looked surprisingly good, as long as you didn't try to actually play with him! :D

Other than that, Shockwave looks good, despite his uber-skinny legs, and Omega Supreme looks as he does on the TV show, too.

What I want to know is when they will do alternators of Ironhide and Ratchet. I thought out of all the original transformers, these two were done the worst. The most noticeable problem was "NO FREAKING HEAD!" Now they have a chance to redo them and redo them right. Of course, both died in the Movie. However, Ratchet got a few good shots off with his two handguns. Leave it to the medic to dish out the most firepower. :lol:

What I want to know is when they will do alternators of Ironhide and Ratchet. I thought out of all the original transformers, these two were done the worst. The most noticeable problem was "NO FREAKING HEAD!" Now they have a chance to redo them and redo them right. Of course, both died in the Movie. However, Ratchet got a few good shots off with his two handguns. Leave it to the medic to dish out the most firepower. :lol:

Agreed, a new Ratchet or Ironhide would be sweet.

Don't forget Prowl and Brawn died in that scene too. Although much quicker than Ratchet or Ironhide.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Prowl myself. The question is, what car to base him off of. Crown Vic? Mustang?

Edited by Anubis

Without a doubt, Hound will be mine. Binaltech rules! I'm so happy this quality line finally came out. :lol:

Edit: does anyone have pics of the old G1 Hound? I cannot seem to remember what he looked like..... :(

Edited by Veifwan Es

Yah, they should redo Warpath. He's kinda dorky how he originally was. But they'd probably just end up changing him into an Abrams, or some other super well known vehicle. It would be sweet if they redid him as a more obscure war vehicle.

And sweet crappety Warpath had a fugly robot mode!!

http://i16.ebayimg.com/02/i/00/f0/2a/75_1.JPG

-BEN-MAN-

Edited by DestroidsRage

I can't wait to see them update Devestator. Now THAT would be a heck of a toy!

I hope so but I doubt : the Constucticons would have to be sold seperatly and imagine the size of Devastator in 1/24 scale : Fortress Maximus would have to go home :lol:

I just realised. The most awesome Transformer to get this treatment... Would be Blitzwing!!! Imagine a Blitzwing that actually looked great in all three modes, without looking screwy! Man that'd be sweet.

-BEN-MAN-

I can't wait to see them update Devestator.  Now THAT would be a heck of a toy!

I hope so but I doubt : the Constucticons would have to be sold seperatly and imagine the size of Devastator in 1/24 scale : Fortress Maximus would have to go home :lol:

Max Schmax.

Devistator was THE original giant toy. All other are mere... pretenders to the title.

I agree about Warpath - they should try to do something a little less obvious than the M1A1. How about a smaller tank like the M550 Sheridan? I think that's the one that the 82nd Airborne can drop from a C-130.

I doubt we'll reach the point where we'll see Warpath, though. However, if Takara can just keep up the excellence of this line, then I'll stand right with them and buy ALL of them.

Edit: does anyone have pics of the old G1 Hound? I cannot seem to remember what he looked like..... :(

I hope the final Binaltech Hound has military garb on it.

I've always thought it was kinda wierd that they put US markings on a Mitsubishi. :huh:

I just realised. The most awesome Transformer to get this treatment... Would be Blitzwing!!! Imagine a Blitzwing that actually looked great in all three modes, without looking screwy! Man that'd be sweet.

-BEN-MAN-

Very true though I really doubt that is possible.

You know, the more alternators I see, the less I am impressed. First they came out with a pretty good one in Smoke screen. He looked good

as a car and as a robot. Then Sideswipe came out. Good as a car, but he had a fat ass as a robot. Now they have Hound. The jeep is nice

but the bony girl legs have to go. Seems like these alternators need to hit the gym more and get their proportions fixed. :)

Nope. Sidewipe has the best robot mode which look closer to human proportion then the rest. Smoke Screen should have a girl face given the huge breasts.

Sideswipe being my favorite G1 car, I would have loved to see his robot and car modes unchanged as an Alternator. He already had a cool robot mode and head. Yeah, he's an older sports car, but the Countach is timeless, IMHO.

Sideswipe being my favorite G1 car, I would have loved to see his robot and car modes unchanged as an Alternator. He already had a cool robot mode and head. Yeah, he's an older sports car, but the Countach is timeless, IMHO.

Word. I wouldn't mind if Takara made him a Murcielago, though. Sure beats being a Viper.