Alternator Hound

91WhiskeyM6

You know, the more alternators I see, the less I am impressed. First they came out with a pretty good one in Smoke screen. He looked good

as a car and as a robot. Then Sideswipe came out. Good as a car, but he had a fat ass as a robot. Now they have Hound. The jeep is nice

but the bony girl legs have to go. Seems like these alternators need to hit the gym more and get their proportions fixed. :)

It's kinda dumb that they put the full doors on there instead of the half doors since he's got no top. I do like the little details like the sound bar and I will definitely get this one since it looks so much like what I drive every day. :)

post-26-1069474660_thumb.jpg

You know, the more alternators I see, the less I am impressed. First they came out with a pretty good one in Smoke screen. He looked good

as a car and as a robot. Then Sideswipe came out. Good as a car, but he had a fat ass as a robot. Now they have Hound. The jeep is nice

but the bony girl legs have to go. Seems like these alternators need to hit the gym more and get their proportions fixed. :)

My sentiment is the exact oposite. The more I see the more I am impressed. The sheer love of the engineering that went into these is astounding. No transforming toy I have ever seen has had its proportions perfect to what it was supposed to look like on the screen. Actually if you want to see some messed up proportions you should go look at the original hound toy :p:lol:

Over all these small proportion issues do not bother me. They have balanced the bots and the cars very well.

Edited by GobotFool

Don't know about the dinobot, but I think Hound looks great. Hound should be a Jeep. It's what he was in the beginning, and should be now.

Hound: sweet

Dinobot: nah

Hound is sweet.

But I will not acknowledge a Dinobot that looks like it belongs in the Pretenders or Beast Wars line. Hell, I had trouble with teh Gen2 colored recasts.

Give me old-school silver robo-dinos!

The bot mode on the Dinobot is also seriously messed up.

Hound is sweet.

But I will not acknowledge a Dinobot that looks like it belongs in the Pretenders or Beast Wars line.  Hell, I had trouble with teh Gen2 colored recasts.

Give me old-school silver robo-dinos!

The bot mode on the Dinobot is also seriously messed up.

It really does look like an ugly rip off of Beast Wars Megatron.

Hound looks pretty nice, 'cept he doesn't have the mounted gun like he did in Gen1. I could see Trailbreaker being made a Hummer. The triceratops is okay, nothing spectacular, definately reminiscent of Beast Wars. I personally am waiting for them to give a go at Jazz and Wheeljack.

I wasn't a fan of Alternator Smokescreen's head sculpt (that blasted chin-strap thing) or his less-than-old-school paint colors. This Hound has niether of those problems. The head sculpt especially is an excellent re-interpretation of a classic character. This will be my first alternator. I can't wait :lol::D When does he come out?!

81303_robot_lg.jpg

81303_vehicle_lg.jpg

The Jeep looks good, but the robot itself has... flat feet...

Alternator Hound is cool, but those feet just suck. In fact, that's the problem with alot of the old G1 robots and even the Alternator Smokescreen. Big blocky feet. I couldn't imagine these guys running very far without tripping. I suppose that's why they transform into cars. I guess that's why I like the RID car robots (except that SUV one). Their legs weren't part of the car body, so they didn't have big bulky feet or legs. Just my 2 centavos.

Alternator Hound is cool, but those feet just suck. In fact, that's the problem with alot of the old G1 robots and even the Alternator Smokescreen. Big blocky feet. I couldn't imagine these guys running very far without tripping. I suppose that's why they transform into cars. I guess that's why I like the RID car robots (except that SUV one). Their legs weren't part of the car body, so they didn't have big bulky feet or legs. Just my 2 centavos.

I always though thte general lack of articulation was a bigger problem with the older Transformers.

Most of them couldn't even WALK beause their legs were either fastened together or had no forward/back motion.

"I'll get you Megatron! HEY! STOP MOVING! HOLD STILL DAMMIT!"

Hound looks pretty nice, 'cept he doesn't have the mounted gun like he did in Gen1. I could see Trailbreaker being made a Hummer. The triceratops is okay, nothing spectacular, definately reminiscent of Beast Wars. I personally am waiting for them to give a go at Jazz and Wheeljack.

I could easily see Trailbreaker as a Hummer. Much more so than Hound. I think this hound is fairly dead on. The feet are kind of odd, but like some of you guys said, lots of transformers were kind of odd in the leg department, or real bulky there. This is probably the best trade-off.

I wonder what Decepticons they are going to try out.

I heard a rumor on a couple of Transformers boards that two decepticons are in the works, Megatron as a M1A2 Abrams tank (close to his G2 form), and Starscream as a F/A-22 Raptor.

Yeah that rumor has been going around alot. I am not really sure how much of that is just wishful thinking though.

The dino stinks! Another re-paint of a horrible mold!

And Hound is okay I guess. Although I really wanted him to be a military Humvee. Ah, well..you can't have it all and he will still be a must buy. Anyone have a clue as to when the Takara (diecast) version is set to hit the shelves? I really think the Binaltech/Alternators line is the best thing to happen to Transformers in ages! :)

Wonder when we'll get to see pics of Tracks? (the corvette alternator) :unsure:

The dino stinks! Another re-paint of a horrible mold!

And Hound is okay I guess. Although I really wanted him to be a military Humvee. Ah, well..you can't have it all and he will still be a must buy. Anyone have a clue as to when the Takara (diecast) version is set to hit the shelves? I really think the Binaltech/Alternators line is the best thing to happen to Transformers in ages! :)

Wonder when we'll get to see pics of Tracks? (the corvette alternator) :unsure:

Hi Melissa,

Its being a long time since last chatted with ya in the beginning, how things going for ya?

Back to the topic, i really wanted Hound to be of a Military Humvee or at least a Civilian one. Maybe a black or a dark green approach would look cool. As trueblueeyes mentioned, this is a must get for the alternators line nevetheless. Hopefully the takara version would look better in diecast with a dark green tone. G1 hound still looks better even though it doesnt have much articulation.

Cheers

G1 hound still looks better even though it doesnt have much articulation.

Cheers

I like the proportions of the feet for G1 Hound better than the alternator. The G1 is still a bit too big, but I like things to be a little too big than way too small. However, the alternator Hound has good arms. It's like I said before, these guys need a physical trainer so they don't wind up all disproportional. Yeah, the old transformers were rarely proportioned correctly, but the reissues are selling for around $25.00. Don't alternators go for around $40.00 and above?

G1 hound still looks better even though it doesnt have much articulation.

Cheers

I like the proportions of the feet for G1 Hound better than the alternator. The G1 is still a bit too big, but I like things to be a little too big than way too small. However, the alternator Hound has good arms. It's like I said before, these guys need a physical trainer so they don't wind up all disproportional. Yeah, the old transformers were rarely proportioned correctly, but the reissues are selling for around $25.00. Don't alternators go for around $40.00 and above?

Several things to keep in mind with alternators. Their engineering is vastly superior. articulation is supurb and they are almost 2 to 3 times the size of the old G1s. The feet in proportion to the legs are fine. I think the thing that throws off the proportions is the oversized chest.

I don't get this great love for the original hound. I have almost all the series 1 G1's and I always thought he was the worst proportioned of the lot with the over sized feet and practically non existent arms. Looking at the final product as taken form in this hound it really would have been nice if they made it look more like a classic millitary jeep. Cept for those door wings he looks almost exactly like his old toon counterpart. from the abdomen up.

Edited by GobotFool

Looks perfect to me! It looks tons better than the original toy. Its just that... I dont like Wranglers that much. I mean, thats what was neat about the original transformers. They were slightly altered versions of real world vehicles you dont see very often. Everyone knows of Willys Jeeps, and everyone likes them, but theyre rather rare in real life. And Transformers let you get the best of both worlds! A sweet Willys, and a pretty sweet Robot! And now.. We get a sweet sweet robot.. and... A jeep wrangler? Why not just make Camry transformer, so you can look at it and go "oh my hell its SO BORING.", LoL ^_^ But still, great toy.

I dont like the dinosaur robot either... Silver clunky Robo-Dino's are the /only/ way to go.

-BEN-MAN-

Nope. Sidewipe has the best robot mode which look closer to human proportion then the rest. Smoke Screen should have a girl face given the huge breasts.