Macross Images in Works - The Art of Hidetaka Tenjin

nexxstrait

I still don't own the book but was planning to maybe grab it. I'm just curious: for those of you that already have it, how many "new" Macross pictures do we get that weren't previously published in the Valkyrie book?

I know for sure these are "old"...

4579635493_de0ea4f019.jpg

... and these are new.

4579636373_f85574c72a.jpg

How about the others?

Thanks!

I still don't own the book but was planning to maybe grab it. I'm just curious: for those of you that already have it, how many "new" Macross pictures do we get that weren't previously published in the Valkyrie book?

I know for sure these are "old"...

4579635493_de0ea4f019.jpg

... and these are new.

How about the others?

Thanks!

That's some sweet looking art. Is it possible to purchase this book online??

Sorry I cannot answer your question:)

I had a look through this book while I was in Tokyo in April. It doesn't have much Macross stuff in and of that very little is new art. I can't remember the page count for Macross art, but IIRC it's somewhere between 6 to 12 pages. The only new Macross art that interested me was the box art for the Bandai YF-25 Prophecy.

The majority of the book is Gundam and some other mecha, so I chose not to buy it, as I have no interest in Gundam.

If you want more Macross art, wait for Tenjin's 'Valkyries 2' book, which hopefully will be out by the end of the year.

Graham

There was someone online who provided a detailed breakdown on this book and it doesn't have much Macross as others have said. If I can find the link, I'll post it, but it basically had small digital photos of everything in the book. It's not bad, but not much to get excited about.

If you want more Macross art, wait for Tenjin's 'Valkyries 2' book, which hopefully will be out by the end of the year.

Graham

That bit o' news brightened my day!

Then I'll probably wait for Valkyries 2, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Thanks everyone!

(MrMarch, if you find the link, please post it in this thread)

Found it. It even has a video review that flips through the book page by page :)

http://parkablogs.com/content/book-review-%E5%A4%A9%E7%A5%9E%E8%8B%B1%E8%B2%B4works-art-of-hidetaka-tenjin

Hope that helps.

How about the others?

Thanks!

If I described what happened in my pants when I saw this pic of my beloved J, I would be banned from this site.......

Taksraven

HLJ has it.

Also I'm not sure how many new works are in there with regards to Macross.

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 I'm looking in HLJ right now and i'm trying to find it can you give me link to it.

I had dinner with Tenjin this evening, thanks to Renato and Save. Y'all are jealous. :p

Must...

resist...

Anyhow, he's a very approachable guy. I wonder if that's just 'cause all you Tokyo MWers are gaikokujin Macross fans? How's his English?

I love this book. It's got a lot of great Votoms stuff in there, too. The Gundam stuff isn't too shabby either. The flyer for MW was from one of the pages of this book.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to post this in Fan Art Appreciation, but I thought perhaps this would be the better thread. I recently changed my background and forgot to save my old background to my computer before changing it. I finally found a site that had it on there, so now it's saved forever and ever. On the site, there was a whole plethora of just absolutely stunning VF art and it occurred to me that maybe they're works by Hidetaka Tenjin. So, here I am to confirm this. There was art of a VT-1 Super Ostrich, an VE-1 Elint Seeker, and several other highly-detailed works.

post-13007-127887709936_thumb.jpg

Here is the site that I found them on. It's in Spanish, but page navigation should be pretty straightforward. ;) They have some other works on there as wallpapers, but you'll notice a hell of a lot of highly-detailed pictures.

Thanks for the link! They have bucketloads of stuff!

• 2 months later...

I had a look through this book while I was in Tokyo in April. It doesn't have much Macross stuff in and of that very little is new art. I can't remember the page count for Macross art, but IIRC it's somewhere between 6 to 12 pages. The only new Macross art that interested me was the box art for the Bandai YF-25 Prophecy.

The majority of the book is Gundam and some other mecha, so I chose not to buy it, as I have no interest in Gundam.

Graham

Raising an old topic here...but I could have sworn "Valkyries 2" was on HLJ as a pre-order a while back. But I cannot seem to find it anymore. Cancelled perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...