Official Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S TV Version

Macross World Daddy

It's clear. As are all the other "newish" 1:60's. Yamato kindly stopped doing it after so many people bitched about it crinkling up. Only my Virgin Road has a minor case of crinkle but it is annoying. I thought I read somewhere around here there was a way to strip it off the canopy, but I can't remember where I read that..... :( anybody know???

I believe it was regult who said that it can be removed with alcohol and a cotton swab.

Received the two VF-1S TV versions. Glad I bought them, the deep white color really matches up better with the vermillion team. It also frees up my Roy DYRL for the DYRL display. Shame Yamato isn't offering the Super/Strike DYRL parts at the moment, but I hope I'lll be able to pick them up in the future to complete the DYRL skull team.

Yellowing so far has been limited to the Hikky 1J. Oddly the 1/60 seems to yellow faster then the 1J 1/48 while I display them under identical conditions.

Yamato delivered pretty much what I hoped for, only thing remaining would be a 1/48 TV Roy, possibly as a web exclusive?

Is there a way to put the rainbow on? Perhaps not as strong? I like it on my VF-11B and kinda wish I had a VF-1 v2 that had it ... too afraid of exploding arms to ever get one before.

Well, I gave the Virgin Road canopy a good scrubbing with the Tamiya Thinner and a q-tip....It kinda worked...It took most of the rainbow off, not all. might try again later...still looks better than it did I guess. I display that one with the cockpit open, so it's not mucho important.

:Pfor me i like tv version than dyrl..the white colour for me superb it's like just rebuild for the new valkyrie..n the pilot also awesome just follow the roy focker in the tv series..b4 this yamato just concerntrate on the dyrl n only some people that follow the trilogy for dyrl n tv version will know the comparision between the pilot colour..pls correct me if in wrong

Finally caved and bought the Super Valkyrie, too. This will mark the first time I own two of the same high-end figure.

That'll teach me to procrastinate. If I hadn't waited until I got my TV VF-1S Roy before buying the FAST pack set, I'd have saved up to 60 USD. On the bright side, now I have two VF-1S's to display--one for Roy's "rescue" scene diorama, and another equipped with FAST packs.

I finally solved that issue that Yamato caused when they didn't print 001 one ventral fins and tail wings nor did they print them in white on the sticker sheet, but searched the boxes of my collections and found one in the VF-1J Max box that I got months earlier. Next I'll search the Hikaru 1J box to see if there's one in there for the TV. Hikaru 1S.

100_2785.jpg

100_2786.jpg

100_2796.jpg

100_2797.jpg

100_2793.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Ok guys.....my final 1:60 ver.2....(I think)....Roy's VF-1S TV. Took a while and went the extra mile to make this one come out perfect on panel lines and decals...used 1:48 water slides...yeh, I know...but honestly, if I hadn't TOLD you they were 1:48's and not 1:60's, would you really have known??? I love the way they came out..far better than stickers IMHO. Anyways, here are some pics of the final product....didn't do much weathering on it, kinda wanted it pristine looking.....

FYI--1:60 Figures by EXO...(he rocks) ^_^

post-11393-128018695718_thumb.jpg

post-11393-128018696512_thumb.jpg

post-11393-128018698149_thumb.jpg

post-11393-128018698708_thumb.jpg

post-11393-128018699774_thumb.jpg

post-11393-128018700698_thumb.jpg

post-11393-128018701366_thumb.jpg

post-11393-128018702152_thumb.jpg

post-11393-128018702848_thumb.jpg

post-11393-128018704365_thumb.jpg

post-11393-128018705028_thumb.jpg

Ok guys.....my final 1:60 ver.2....(I think)....Roy's VF-1S TV. Took a while and went the extra mile to make this one come out perfect on panel lines and decals...used 1:48 water slides...yeh, I know...but honestly, if I hadn't TOLD you they were 1:48's and not 1:60's, would you really have known??? I love the way they came out..far better than stickers IMHO. Anyways, here are some pics of the final product....didn't do much weathering on it, kinda wanted it pristine looking.....

The number 100 should be 001 thought you should know. :o

lol!

Thanks for putting the figures next to it. Man that first one was harsh... Not meant to be blown up that big. At the most the last 2 pics they still look decent!

Great looking valk!

nice granite counters too... OK too much HGTV!

lol!

Thanks for putting the figures next to it. Man that first one was harsh... Not meant to be blown up that big. At the most the last 2 pics they still look decent!

Great looking valk!

nice granite counters too... OK too much HGTV!

LOL! LUV me some HGTV! In my next life I'm gonna be an interior designer! :o

Did you use a decal setting solution on those decals?

Edited by anubis20

Finally got down to doing this pose, though someone beat me to it will no discourage me from doing it. Although I have to admit geting the 1D nose to stay flush in the arm peice was difficult, kept slipping out every time I moved Roy around.

100_2798.jpg

100_2799.jpg

100_2800.jpg

100_2802.jpg

100_2804.jpg

100_2805.jpg

100_2806.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Finally got down to doing this pose, though someone beat me to it will no discourage me from doing it. Although I have to admit geting the 1D nose to stay flush in the arm peice was difficult, kept slipping out every time I moved Roy around.

Cool Pics!!!! B))

Can anybody tell my if it's canon to have the large VF stickers on the bottom portion of the leg above the foot on the TV - 1S?? I thought those were only on the 1J's.... :ph34r:

Only the chunky monkey have it on the foot, the actual art from the old days have it above the foot:

super_vf_1s.jpg

vf_1s.jpg

I have the fast pack version, now it looks like I have to get the normal one.....

At last a TV Roy figure for the valk.................

AndI like the look of it. Can never get enough VF-1's I think........

just wish they would release the no-paint kit will all the head types. Customs would be fun to make.....

Finally got around to decaling my TV Hikaru 1S. Now I have to wait for the takatoys decals to arrive since he is on vacation.

100_2821.jpg

100_2822.jpg

100_2820.jpg

100_2823.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Awesome.

You though that was Awesome check out the Battriod pics. And if youy are wondering where I got the 001 stickers for the tails and ventral fins I got out of the 1/60 VF-1J Millia sticker sheet.

100_2874.jpg

[100_2873.jpg

100_2872.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet