A black and yellow decal could work if you painted the background white first. Alternately, I just checked ebay and saw plenty of small Bruins logo stickers. It would just be a matter of carefully applying it over the many segments of the Acguy chest section.

I agree that painting something like that freehand would take tremendous skill, but a lot of the logo and jersey details could probably be made using the thin Tamiya masking tape. Then you just spray or even possibly hand-paint over the mask.

I'd do it, but as a Pens fan it's practically against my religion to do anything in Bruins.

Well, that and I have zero aptitude for painting models, and would still be the last person on earth you'd want painting your fence let alone a model kit.

I would look for decals. Fine details would be really hard for spraying. Free-hand (as you've probably figured out) is really time consuming to get right.

Well, that and I have zero aptitude for painting models, and would still be the last person on earth you'd want painting your fence let alone a model kit.

If ya can paint a fence, ya can paint a model. :lol:

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll be checking ebay for some Bruins logos. In other Gunpla news I took stock of my GM collection and I'm not happy that some appear to missing. I can't remember if I gave them away(very possible), if they got moved, or stolen(god I hope not).

Here's what I have so far

HGUC

RGM-79 GM

RMS-179 GM II

RGM-86R GM III

RGM-79 Powered GM

RGM-79C

RGM-79D Cold District

RGM-79Q Quel

RGM-79FP Striker

RGM-79GS Command Space

RGM-79SP Sniper II

RGM-89 Jegan

RGM-89S Stark Jegan

RGC-83 GM Cannon II

MSA-003 Nemo

MSA-003 Nemo Unicorn version

HG 08th MS

RGM-79{G} Ground GM

MSV

RGC-80

CCA

RGM-89 Jegan

Thunderbolt

RGM-79

My HGUC RGM-79G Command is MIA along with the 08th MS HG RGM-79{G} Sniper. I haven't picked up the HGUC Jesta's or much of the other suits that appeared in Unicorn.

No white dingos rgm sniper 2, guncannon mass production and gm.... for shame! I hope you find the ones you are missing, maybe they are still in the car :D .

Yeah. He's got the Sniper-II, but not the White Dingo. That just ain't right.

I reckon the original RGM-79G GM Sniper went ninja on him, too.

Regardless, he's really into GMs.

Btw, what grades are these, renegadeleader1 ?

oh, hguc's, huh?

nothing wrong with liking a suit that ain't a Gundam :p I always say!

oh, hguc's, huh?

They're all HGUC's. Although I'd love a MG of a Jegan, although I'm sure it'd be super easy to build since it lacks a few details and is very streamlined like Victory Gundam.

nothing wrong with liking a suit that ain't a Gundam :p I always say!

They're all HGUC's. Although I'd love a MG of a Jegan, although I'm sure it'd be super easy to build since it lacks a few details and is very streamlined like Victory Gundam.

Well, isnt' the MasterGrade RGM-79N still available to fill your Jegan-lust for the time being?

Well, isnt' the MasterGrade RGM-79N still available to fill your Jegan-lust for the time being?

pff heck no. :rolleyes: not even the same looks imo. I think that might of been one of the first GM type mobile suits I ever built....I failed at it though. I think at the time I was trying to build a customized version using different colors back when I was such a newb. I think some of the armor had snapped at the peg cause it was so thick from the paint I had used and that was that, couldn't fix it, scrapped it and built RGM-79Q instead.

I do wish there were more MG variants out there of the RGM series, they may not be all winners but it's those kind of mobile suits that I THINK make better customization attempts than a Gundam.

In storage I did an RGM-79 version 2 based off a role playing character I had and had to ask the GM what the mobile suit squad colors were. nailed that sucker too! was one of my best paint jobs EVER to this day...really wish I could get that sucker out and display it proudly again.

Infact, there's gonna be a time where I'm gonna have to keep certain models in storage or boxed cause I've already replaced them with better versions I redone later....like Turn A for example.

oh, hguc's, huh?

Its not from lack of trying that I don't have any of the White Dingo Mobile Suits, its just they have become one of the most in demand, expensive, and hard to find HGUC kits ever made. I can never find them, and when I do they are insanely expensive.

As for the grades most of them are HGUC except for the RGC-80 which is from the original MSV 1/144 line, the Ground GM is 1/144 HG 08th MS , and the Char's Counterattack Jegan is from the movie's 1/144 line. Neither the GM Cannon or Ground GM has seen a HGUC release, though there are B-club conversion parts available for the HGUC GM and RX-79{G}. I also have the original Zeta line 1/144 Nemo, but it looks really derpy compared to the HGUC Nemo.

I'm really regretting giving away my GM's from the 0080 line as they have features the HGUC versions lacked even if they were molded in really funky colors. The Zaku II from this line is also one of the best ever made, with a ton of option parts.

Well I just finished Turn X. Lemme tell you, interesting kit, lots of different ways you can go about on this thing. Not a heck of a lot of this kit is even symmetrical either...but it isn't rocket science either. It works a lot in similarity to the Turn A for instructions, telling you which trees to use and such which I LOVE. Wish Bandai did that more.

Biggest draw back which is also a kick in detail and size would be the weapons pack. There's a lot going on detail wise that's easy to get lost in looking at, but pretty damn simple to assemble. But it'll add a ton of weight onto the figure. Also uses the Wing Gundam platform of hands unlike Turn A which has individually poseable fingers.

Gotta say though I liked how mine turned out, didn't really have any problems assembling it.

Shalldoll, Adele, Genoace, are examples of UC like GM suits.

For example, the Adele Mark II resembles very strongly to a GM Sniper II.

Thanks. I'm at the comic store I buy all my kits now and I've kinda run out of UC GM variants for the time being and the Shaldoll caught my eye. No Adele Mk II, but the Shaldoll Rogue looks all types of nasty. Like a black knight meets pissed off Mega Man. :)

My haul for today since I don't get to the store all that often.

F91 1/100 no grade RGM-109 Heavygun

HG 08th MS RGM-79{G} Sniper GM

HGUC RGM-79G Command GM

HGUC RX-79BD-1 Blue Destiny Unit 1

HGBF GM Sniper K9

HGBF K9 backpack

HGGA RGE-C350 ShalDoll Custom

I passed on the Rogue because once I peeked inside it kinda lost its appeal to me, and also got a Gundam Converge RGC-80 GM Cannon gashapon that is most likely going to be glued to the dash of my racecar. :p

EDIT 2: Going over the RGM-79K9 I realized I didn't have to buy the backpack seperately DAMMIT!! Oh well looks like I got a pack of dogs now. Apparently I can attach it to one of the Nemo's I have.

Edited by renegadeleader1

The Rogue if I remember right is more of the pirate's GM from the 3rd story arc of AGE....which AGE....eeeehhh. Now THAT I remember ppl complaining those were some of the worst designs and kits possible in the Bandai line.

I'm working on my Hi-Nu ver Ka. I suggest a word of caution to some, the plastic on this thing is sooooofffft. I realized I made a mistake on the foot that I should of had a V8 on. So I was taking the back purple part off the heel and I usually am slow and careful, but m y grip was a little to much and I stressed the plastic on the side panel of that piece...if I had broken it, th at'd of been it, kit would of been worthless.

I do like the amount of detail this thing has though...I'm enjoying the quick yet extensive detailed build of this. I'm keeping all of the sections as divided up as possible for easier decal placement.

if I got time tomorrow...I'm going to play decal wars with the Hi-Nu. There's I think 120+ of them the bulk majority being caution, warning, no step kind of junk.

Otherwise the kit is done. extremely back heavy. I would normally go buy a 1/100 stand for this thing but it comes with one. I however do not like the stand it comes with and may end up picking up the basic, painting it and go from there.

okay new rule. If you EVER do decals, do NOT wait until the kit is finished. Matte spray each section, Arms, Shoulders, torso, waist, legs, backpack, armaments.

I was gonna matte spray this after everything was done so it'd be easy. but dammit I lost like 7 decals in total and I'm pissed about that.

Huh. Is there a difference between the Nu's decals and the kind that come with RG's? I've lost a few decals that have come off the sheet, but none after I've applied them. And I never paint/matte coat my models on account of how terrible I am at it.

I don't remember the RG's coming with decals....Exia didn't come with any.

I dunno what's up with Bandai's decal treatment, while they're raised they feel cheap. They don't take as long to wet and roll off like some I"ve encountered on other models. But they are certainly thin as hell and tend to peal or tear very easily!
What REALLY gripes me is the constant lil ones with the circles on them, and they gotta have like 50 of these lil suckers. I'm adding them, cause, well, you wanna. But they tend to drop off easily.

Huh. Is there a difference between the Nu's decals and the kind that come with RG's? I've lost a few decals that have come off the sheet, but none after I've applied them. And I never paint/matte coat my models on account of how terrible I am at it.

I think the confusion here is around terminology. In my experience, modelers use the term "decals" to refer exclusively to waterslide decals, and never to things that have a tacky adhesive, like you find with RGs. The latter are usually called "stickers," although there is also the term "seals" that I have only ever heard used by Gundam modelers, and seems to refer to either all sticky decorations, or maybe just the thick paper ones and not the thin clear type (maybe someone can help me out with that). Lastly you have dry transfers, which are sometimes also called "decals," but always with the "dry transfer" clarification; these are the type used with some MGs that you rub onto the model (these are not technically decals, because they don't include a substrate layer).

I think the confusion here is around terminology. In my experience, modelers use the term "decals" to refer exclusively to waterslide decals, and never to things that have a tacky adhesive, like you find with RGs. The latter are usually called "stickers," although there is also the term "seals" that I have only ever heard used by Gundam modelers, and seems to refer to either all sticky decorations, or maybe just the thick paper ones and not the thin clear type (maybe someone can help me out with that). Lastly you have dry transfers, which are sometimes also called "decals," but always with the "dry transfer" clarification; these are the type used with some MGs that you rub onto the model (these are not technically decals, because they don't include a substrate layer).

Ah, I see. So the decals that come with the Hi Nu are different than the RG stickers.

My only experience with waterslide decals was a couple of Enterprise model kits, and unless the ones I've seen for Gunpla are somehow better, I'd never want to use them if I had an alternative. They don't show the sticker boarder, sort of blending into the surface they're placed on, which is kind of nice, but they're more difficult to put into place, they tear much more easily, and are only slightly less likely to peel.

right. with the normal sticker sheet you get from various kits they're much easier to put on but difficult in some cases to place exactly where they need to go due to the way they're contoured cut just a bit thick.

rub on transfers or dry transfers really limit that to almost 0 contour cut, BUT if you don't rub it well enough or careful during the peel off you'll lose chunks of the graphic.

water slide decals will still have a contour cut like stickers but will usually be thinner.

just soak in water and while waiting a good 30 seconds for the decal to slide off I prep the area with a cotton swab of microseal then apply the decal and with the seal I rub the decal with it so it'll bond better.

once the part is decaled you should matte spray to make sure the detail stays on.

Ah, I see. So the decals that come with the Hi Nu are different than the RG stickers.

My only experience with waterslide decals was a couple of Enterprise model kits, and unless the ones I've seen for Gunpla are somehow better, I'd never want to use them if I had an alternative. They don't show the sticker boarder, sort of blending into the surface they're placed on, which is kind of nice, but they're more difficult to put into place, they tear much more easily, and are only slightly less likely to peel.

Bandai waterslides are terrible. Very poor adhesion and very brittle.

However, using decal setting solution, decal softener, and spraying a coat of clear goes a long way in making waterslide decals more hardy.

The MG Nu Gundam Ver. KA was the first kit from Bandai where I used the waterslide decals. I used a decal softener and removed access fluid with a q-tip. After that I spray coated the kit. I only had two problems with the decals. One where I used to much of the softener and another one that became brittle before I could coat it.