Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

BRUCE BOXLEITNER NOOOOO!!!

Someone needs to save Captain Tron Sheridan before he winds up in another one of these movies!

Edited by Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Can a TV movie be listed as a terrible SCI FI movie? "impact" on ABC no one in that movie took a physical science class in college or is a moron apparently. A brown dwarf is a failed star not a dead star aaaaahhhhhhggg.

Can a TV movie be listed as a terrible SCI FI movie? "impact" on ABC no one in that movie took a physical science class in college or is a moron apparently. A brown dwarf is a failed star not a dead star aaaaahhhhhhggg.

Yes, TV movies count. We've already mentioned KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park long ago in this thread.

oh my god that made be groan so bad. stupidest thing I've ever seen.

I still don't know why we are targetting stuff that is deliberately B/C/D/Z - grade here. Lets go after crappy blockbusters instead.

Transformers 2 was a massive waste of time.....

Taksraven

I still don't know why we are targetting stuff that is deliberately B/C/D/Z - grade here. Lets go after crappy blockbusters instead.

Transformers 2 was a massive waste of time.....

Taksraven

lack of budget is no excuse for being crap. and while I won't comment on movies I haven't seen, I'm feeling confident that Transformers 2 will have enough explosions to make up for it's stupidity.

lack of budget is no excuse for being crap. and while I won't comment on movies I haven't seen, I'm feeling confident that Transformers 2 will have enough explosions to make up for it's stupidity.

I'm not saying that lack of budget is no excuse (I know that some of the best films ever made were done on a shoestring budget), but when filmmakers spend $150million+ on an absolute piece of crap, to me that seems like a bigger crime.

Taksraven

I'm not saying that lack of budget is no excuse (I know that some of the best films ever made were done on a shoestring budget), but when filmmakers spend $150million+ on an absolute piece of crap, to me that seems like a bigger crime.

Taksraven

that is true. Sometimes though I Find that even if a movie is bad, I still enjoy it just because it's a spectacle. Perfect example is Death Race (the Jason Statham one) or most Jason Statham movies. It's a stupid shallow movie but it's Just so ridiculous that I love it.

anyways, I finally watched the second part of Impact... OH! MY! GOD! did ANYONE involved in this crap pass a science class EVER?!?!? GRAVITY AND ELECTROMAGNETISM ARE NOT THE SAME THING YOU MORONS! UGHH...

This was pretty much my reaction to every other scene.

Edited by anime52k8

Anybody seen "Gamer" trailer? You know the one that stars the dude who played the role of Leonidas in 300.

Anyways..would it qualify as an entry here?

It feels like a Running Man/Death Race knockoff to me. :mellow:

EDIT: Looks like its coming out this September.

http://www.gaymerzngeek.com/2009/06/gerald-butler-gamer.html

http://www.scificool.com/the-game-trailer-...-gerald-butler/

Edited by grss1982

Obviously no one has scene it, it's not out yet. And just being a knockoff doesn't automatically make it bad, Gerard Butler's cool and I like Michael C. Hall.

I think we should wait to name films in this thread until they've actually come out.

Obviously no one has scene it, it's not out yet. And just being a knockoff doesn't automatically make it bad, Gerard Butler's cool and I like Michael C. Hall.

I think we should wait to name films in this thread until they've actually come out.

My Bad. :) Should have said the "Gamer" trailer. Anyways fixed my previous post. ^_^

As for a wait and see approach on Gamer, I totally agree. Should have given it a chance, since it was just a trailer and all. :mellow:B))

Perhaps, until G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra hits theaters.

We should start a new thread. "Films that we know are going to be crap before they are released" ;) ;)

Taksraven

We should start a new thread. "Films that we know are going to be crap before they are released" ;) ;)

Taksraven

then we'll need an "I told you so" thread where the people who are right can gloat.

Steven Seagal in
:lol:

I think I tried watching it once, I had no idea if it was a vampire or monster movie at the time, but it was pretty incomprehensible either way.

More like Steven Segal in anything.

The best thing he was in was Kelly LeBrock.

Taksraven

:blink: .......................... :lol:

OMG just saw one on cable that I'd almost forgotten about [thankfully]

Anybody remember Arena[1989]?

arenaby6.jpg

Definitely grade-B cheese. But the starring cast features some staples of the sci-fi film industry, like Hamilton Camp, Claudia Christian, Marc Alaimo, and Armin Shimerman. Still doesn't save it from being a pretty crappy movie. But if you like dude-in-rubber-suit alien action, then this is yer cup o' tea.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow...The Asylum has gone viral. The trailer for Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus has scored over a million hits on MTV.com and on YouTube this past week. But with all the hype it's generated, will it just fizzle like Snakes on a Plane?

And since it hits video stores on Tuesday, who in here is willing to sacrifice their eyesight on it?

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus Trailer

Aaargh! I just watched MSvGO. I give it a 3 drink minimum... Just left me feeling all dirty and with the urge to stab someone. Was there any continuity in this film? Aside from using the same set for 80% of the scenes? Thankfully, they kept captioning the exterior shots of locations, otherwise I never would have guessed that the scientists WERE STILL IN THE SAME FRAKKING BUILDING!!

I might have to show the tooth science scene to my wife, the shark tooth scientist; but other than that, this is going in the freezer with Armageddon: The Final Challenge.

Unless it shows up on Rifftrax. I'd be all over that.

• 3 months later...
I mentioned this years ago, but I discovered that clips of the film can be seen on YouTube.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274518/

(Ending)

Nah, I refuse to give worst SF film of all time to a film that is intentionally bad. No way. I still give it to Waterworld.

Taksraven

Nah, I refuse to give worst SF film of all time to a film that is intentionally bad. No way. I still give it to Waterworld.

Taksraven

I have to say Paycheck is still worse... a lens so powerful it can see all the way into the past and then into the future!

I have to say Paycheck is still worse... a lens so powerful it can see all the way into the past and then into the future!

Haven't seen it properly so I must reserve judgement, but what I saw was pretty nuts. Considering the sauce material I would be more inclined to just put it in the category of "Philip K. Dick was one of the most insane people alive of all time"

To be fair, he did do better stories though.

And the insanity has

since his death.....

Taksraven