Official Bandai 1/100 VF HI-METAL VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie

QuinJester

Just recently started watching Mac7, and was entertained enough to consider buying this toy. Seeing how they're handling the landing gear though it's a bit hilarious if one imagines the gear struts emerging from the base as the valk comes for a VTOL landing in fighter mode. Gave me a chuckle at least.

Also, they'd better fix those panels which are supposed cover the back of the head in fighter mode. In the photo they're sticking up halfway because of the lasers.

What I would like is for Revoltech to do the whole Sound Force team. The 1/144s are not poseable enough, and you just know that no company will ever produce a transforming Mylene or Ray valk, so I'm just hoping for SOMETHING here. Revoltech does a good job with the Super Robots so the Sound Force valks should fit right in. And the Blazer would go well with the YF19 and the 21.

I think the ROBOT é­‚ could also accommodate the whole sound force, I don't think revoltech have Macross 7 right

i actually wouldn't mind it if Bandai made Robot Damashii battroid figs of all the valks they were planning to do for the VF100 line... esp. since smaller scale transformable valks usually equate to parts-swapping and the larger 1/60 scale PTs are getting to be really expensive and often associated w/ cracking/breaking/loose hinges and joints.

Finally managed to get my hands on Fire :lol:

This Valkyrie is a thing of beauty. It took Bandai 15 years, but they finally made it right. Yamato's better be ready to deliver a completely re-engineered 1/60 19Kay or they will never top this toy. Size comparison, for those interested

post-925-1272132286_thumb.jpg

Details are awesome and the toy looks gorgeous! It's still too expensive, but you won't regret it once you have it.

Some bad things: The hands are floppy (pity), the lack of landing gears doesn't bother me, but they should have included them. No closed hands. The same goes for a stand. Why bother to include the support without the stand??? (don't answer, I know why they do it).

Some more comparisons:

post-925-1272146941_thumb.jpg

post-925-1272146930_thumb.jpg

PS: I bought the Revoltech transformable 1J you see here with the Fire Valkyrie. The bad news is that, yes, Battroid mode is a floppy nightmare, BUT... if you manage to pose it right, It's quite enjoyable and fighter mode (very tight) in not as bad as I thought. On the plus side, The Revoltech is bigger than expected and is perhaps the cheapest transformable Valkyrie out there.

Edited by nexxstrait

Great post nexxstrait. We need more posts like this.

^_^

Btw, which Fire Valk is the one in the back? Is that the old 1/65 Bandai or the old 1/100 Bandai model kit? And what's that gray one hiding behind the GNU 1J?

The Fire Valkyrie on the back is a painted 1/72 WAVE soft vinyl kit, the grey one is the recent VF0S model kit (unpainted), also from WAVE.

post-925-1272317153.gifpost-925-1272317148.gif

i actually wouldn't mind it if Bandai made Robot Damashii battroid figs of all the valks they were planning to do for the VF100 line... esp. since smaller scale transformable valks usually equate to parts-swapping and the larger 1/60 scale PTs are getting to be really expensive and often associated w/ cracking/breaking/loose hinges and joints.

I started to like Robot Damashii a whole lot. I'll buy any mechas I am interested in this series.

In fact I like the GNUs too, but Bandai got the right licenses.

I started to like Robot Damashii a whole lot. I'll buy any mechas I am interested in this series.

In fact I like the GNUs too, but Bandai got the right licenses.

RDs are good... although some figs suffer from some sloppy paint application. The Stark Jegan is plenty awesome B)) ... i might also get me an Eva-01 after seeing some nice reviews of it.

GNUs are nice to look at... articulation not so good and pretty lacking in accessories esp. extra hands. but i like 'em since i'm more of an aesthetic/for display collector. I wouldn't mind it if Yamato made GNUs of all the valks they've released in 1/60 scale, i.e. M&M VF-22S (since i don't see myself being able to afford the 1/60 versions) and throw in Gamlin's VF-22S and his VF-17D too... and a GNU VF-19 Fire Valk too... (sorry for being OT).

RDs are good... although some figs suffer from some sloppy paint application. The Stark Jegan is plenty awesome B)) ... i might also get me an Eva-01 after seeing some nice reviews of it.

GNUs are nice to look at... articulation not so good and pretty lacking in accessories esp. extra hands. but i like 'em since i'm more of an aesthetic/for display collector. I wouldn't mind it if Yamato made GNUs of all the valks they've released in 1/60 scale, i.e. M&M VF-22S (since i don't see myself being able to afford the 1/60 versions) and throw in Gamlin's VF-22S and his VF-17D too... and a GNU VF-19 Fire Valk too... (sorry for being OT).

Frankly I only have the GNU VF-1's, and their articulations are very good. On par with RS.

But frankly the scripting of the RS are generally betterm and cheaper in yen. Although these days you get GNUs dirt cheap (<US$10).

I can't express how awesome it is that you need to purchase two additional web exclusive sets for a yet undisclosed price point to somewhat complete a 1/100 scale toy that you already paid what $70 for?

Indeed. If all of that stuff had been in the box to begin with, it really would have been my favourite toy. I cannot understand why this thing is taking so long. Honestly, it was first announced in February last year. Why are they releasing it PIECE BY PIECE? It's like something some sick-minded murdering kidnapper would do for a ransom.

Here's hoping the YF-21 will come with landing gear and attachable guns, though the chances are slim. Really annoyed by this "DLC" type add-on model.

EDIT: The sound booster will be released late July and costs 2,940 Yen (inclusive of tax).

The landing pad plus accessories will be released late August and costs 2,100 Yen (inclusive of tax). " Includes shoulder block, closed fist, joint part for Gunpod, landing gear and display stand."

(According to the Tamashii website via Ngeekhiong)

Edited by raptormesh

Here's hoping the YF-21 will come with landing gear and attachable guns, though the chances are slim. Really annoyed by this "DLC" type add-on model.

EDIT: The sound booster will be released late July and costs 2,940 Yen (inclusive of tax).

The landing pad plus accessories will be released late August and costs 2,100 Yen (inclusive of tax). " Includes shoulder block, closed fist, joint part for Gunpod, landing gear and display stand."

Thank you for the info, this was what I was waiting for. Goddamn you, Bandai. I'm buying, but man, I hate myself.

The sound booster will be released late July and costs 2,940 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Okay, as much as I don't want to give in to this blatant robbery, I'll bend over. Now where can a guy in the US actually ORDER these?? :(

• 2 weeks later...
Evidently, a joint part to attach the gunpod is included as well.

You have my undivided attention now. I would like to know more about this when the information (e.g. pictures) becomes available.

You have my undivided attention now. I would like to know more about this when the information (e.g. pictures) becomes available.

But... the pictures are right here on this very page.

post-10384-1272606812_thumb.jpg

Anyone think this qualifies as an "add on"?

I think landing gears and fists should be included by default.

Will we see another set for the VF-19S?

It makes the original release look like a rushed job...must say the landing gears make it look much more interesting in fighter mode.

The gunpod connector and closed fists are very much something that looks like it should've been packed together with the toy as well.

I am glad I didn't get it, let's see what Yamato can pull off!

• 2 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=847858:date=Apr 30 2010, 01:55 PM:name=ff95gj)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ff95gj @ Apr 30 2010, 01:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=847858"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->post-10384-1272606812_thumb.jpg

Anyone think this qualifies as an "add on"?

I think landing gears and fists should be included by default.

Will we see another set for the VF-19S?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It makes the original release look like a rushed job...must say the landing gears make it look much more interesting in fighter mode.

The gunpod connector and closed fists are very much something that looks like it should've been packed together with the toy as well.

I am glad I didn't get it, let's see what Yamato can pull off!

Eh, I wish the landing gear were integrated and retractable to begin with, I wouldn't care if they looked simplistic.

Eh, I wish the landing gear were integrated and retractable to begin with, I wouldn't care if they looked simplistic.

That's exactly how I feel. This is friggin' 2010 -- why do we have to choose between accuracy and completeness? They have the damn technology to make this thing perfect, and no, don't tell me that landing gear would make this thing way more expensive or difficult. It's a damned transformer -- it's already complicated. Landing gear won't make it significantly more so.