Looking for a piece of rare VF-17 line art

Graham

Guys,

Probably about a decade ago, a friend e-mailed me a piece of rare VF-17 line art that is not in the TIAS Macross 7 books, or in any other common reference souce. In fact I was never able to trace where it was from. I've never seen it on any Macross website either.

The piece of line art shows a front or three quarters view of the VF-17 battroid (I think it was a VF-17D), IIRC from the waist up. What was special about this battroid line art is that it showed the chest plate lifted up, so that you could see the cockpit inside the chest. The cockpit canopy may also have been open, but I don't remember clearly.

Unfortunately, after going through several computers since then, I can no longer find that piece of line art. My friend who originally sent it to me is also in the same situation.

I'm just wondering if any members have that piece of line art and can post it? Also, if anybody knows the original source?

Graham

Guys,

Probably about a decade ago, a friend e-mailed me a piece of rare VF-17 line art that is not in the TIAS Macross 7 books, or in any other common reference souce. In fact I was never able to trace where it was from. I've never seen it on any Macross website either.

The piece of line art shows a front or three quarters view of the VF-17 battroid (I think it was a VF-17D), IIRC from the waist up. What was special about this battroid line art is that it showed the chest plate lifted up, so that you could see the cockpit inside the chest. The cockpit canopy may also have been open, but I don't remember clearly.

Unfortunately, after going through several computers since then, I can no longer find that piece of line art. My friend who originally sent it to me is also in the same situation.

I'm just wondering if any members have that piece of line art and can post it? Also, if anybody knows the original source?

I think I saw it in the Chronicle.

Ya know, I always thought this was weird. If the cockpit folds up from the abdomen into the chest, why does the chest lift up to reveal the cockpit? Why not just fold the cockpit back done to fighter placement? Seems like a lot more frivolous moving parts.

Ya know, I always thought this was weird. If the cockpit folds up from the abdomen into the chest, why does the chest lift up to reveal the cockpit? Why not just fold the cockpit back done to fighter placement? Seems like a lot more frivolous moving parts.

because if it just folded down, the pilot would be dangling by the straps of his seat/ fall out of the mech if they opened the cockpit while under the effects of gravity.

the seat doesn't rotate to keep the pilot sitting upright, the whole cockpit does.

A lot of the main character VFs get a weird Battroid egress system. Like the VF-1 has those weird superfluous lifting chairs, the VF-17 has this, and the VF-19 has that neat little top of the back hatch. The VF-11 is probably one of the few to do it nice and easy with the pilot simply getting out of the cockpit normally (seen when Kinryu boards the Armored VF-11).

I guess the VF-25 is pretty simple too.

• 3 weeks later...
That sounds like something that would be an LD insert but I can't find that on any of the LD's. It would have been used for this scene in episode 46 "Gamlin's Rebellion"

post-1819-1266093206_thumb.jpg

That scene reeks of Gundam imo.

Posting without passion or prejudice for the perils or positives of parallels between productions (lol! :)), I'd have to agree that screen capture from Macross 7 is a commonly-glimpsed Gundam moment that rarely occurs in Macross. I think Macross II, Macross 7 and Macross Frontier were the only series to feature such scenes in a vacuum. In fact, I think those scenes may have happened only once per series.

In Gundam, the rendezvous-in-a-vacuum scene appears with regularity. Neither a good or a bad thing on its own, merely an easily recognizable recurring theme :)

That scene reeks of Gundam imo.

By all means, stay away from the Macross II prequel games then... those borrow rather more heavily from Mobile Suit Gundam than that screen capture does, what with funnels-equipped VF-4s, big honking beam rifles, etc.

Posting without passion or prejudice for the perils or positives of parallels between productions (lol! :))

Note to all: Mr. March shall henceforth be known only as "P". :lol: (P For Punditry? Postmaster? ...)

Edited by Penguin

Note to all: Mr. March shall henceforth be known only as "P". :lol: (P For Punditry? Postmaster? ...)

Perhaps that previous post posed no problem for Penguin but perchance you ponder for a parable to prescribe to my preponderance for this preferred prose. Propose no purpose to my play but personality and, at your pleasure, please pardon my purge of perplexing prattle as I progress most profusely to a promising point.

"P For Pedantry!" : :lol:

Back on topic, what issue of the Macross Chronicle features the sheet that contains that VF-17 cockpit picture? I can't seem to find it in the issues I have, though I admit I am way behind in my purchases :)