Newbie question about all the various new 1/60 Valks

Dr. Z

Ok, I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to all the various Valks. What I would like to get is a list of all the new 1/60 Valks released or soon to be released per type of transformation. Like, I know the VF-1A is pretty much the same as a VF-1S save for the head and maybe a couple more minor remolds, that the YF-19 and YF-21 are completely different, etc. For example, I want to know is if a VF-0A or a VF-11C is just a VF-1 frame with remolded limbs/parts or if they are complete different beasts transformation-wise. Does that make sense? :) My goal is to get one Valk per type of transformation.

So what you asking for is the different types of 1/60 mold variations excluding re-tools..?

Off the top of my head:

*VF-0A/S (Ghost optional)

* VF-1 series including the 2 seater variants (includes the VF-1A/J/S, VF-1D, VT-1, VE-1). These come with various FAST and Super pack accessories. There's the GBP Armor that stops transformation.

*VF-11B/C

*YF-19 series (booster optional)

*VF-21/22S series

*VF-25 series (several different Super and Armor pack variations)

*VF-27 (release next week)

VF-1 and VF-0 are similar

yf-19, yf-21, vf-11 are different from each other. (that's easy)

vf-22 and vf-19 are just the yf-21 and yf-19 bodies respectively with a few differences and transform the same. If you get a yf-21 you have vf-22 with a slightly different body (head and cockpit windshield). If you get a yf-19, you have a atmospheric version of the vf-19 really but the trasformation is the same.

vf-11 b and vf-11c are the same transformation, just as the vf-22 and vf-19 are similar to yf-21 and yf-19 transformation.

SV-51 = unique transformation. (which is why I reckon noobs would like this because of its claws for feet and cool folding wings)

As for vf-25 series, well they are different from anything in SDF-M, macross plus, and macross 7. (at least get one)

But the distinct thing that makes each vf-25 different from each other is more the role they play and type of weapons they come with. (some are snipers, others have lots of missiles and armour, another is stock standard, another has radar thing on its back, another has high speed FAST packs etc you get the point - same body same transformation, different weapons.)

Also this is why a variable glaug should be done. Give us some more alien looking mecha. Surprise us yamato.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So what you asking for is the different types of 1/60 mold variations excluding re-tools..?

he means it must transform differently to be of interest.

In other words: vf-1 and vf-0 both have the "robot head folded into its bum" transformation so they would be essentially the same thing because the transformation hasn't changed enough.

But vf-11 is unique to vf-1 because it transforms differently. Vf-11b would not be different from vf-11 c since they are the same frame and the transformation is the same. Nor would vf-22 be different from yf-21 since they still transform the same depsite having different looking heads and cockpit/chest.

Unique transformations is what he is looking for.

VF-1 and VF-0 are similar

yf-19, yf-21, vf-11 are different from each other. (that's easy)

vf-22 and vf-19 are just the yf-21 and yf-19 bodies respectively with a few differences and transform the same. If you get a yf-21 you have vf-22 with a slightly different body (head and cockpit windshield). If you get a yf-19, you have a atmospheric version of the vf-19 really but the trasformation is the same.

vf-11 b and vf-11c are the same transformation, just as the vf-22 and vf-19 are similar to yf-21 and yf-19 transformation.

SV-51 = unique transformation. (which is why I reckon noobs would like this because of its claws for feet and cool folding wings)

As for vf-25 series, well they are different from anything in SDF-M, macross plus, and macross 7. (at least get one)

But the distinct thing that makes each vf-25 different from each other is more the role they play and type of weapons they come with. (some are snipers, others have lots of missiles and armour, another is stock standard, another has radar thing on its back, another has high speed FAST packs etc you get the point - same body same transformation, different weapons.)

Also this is why a variable glaug should be done. Give us some more alien looking mecha. Surprise us yamato.

Awesome post, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!!

Last question: is the upcoming VF-27 more or less just a heavily remolded VF-25? From a distance, they look like they transform the same.

Edited by Dr. Z

I would count the VF-0 and VF-1 as seperate. Even though theyre similar in transformation, theyre 2 totally different mold and there's enough differences there to seperate them. Like the hands don't go in the arms and just get covered up by the backpack/thrusters. Buy it!!!

He's asking about transformation scheme more than looks. Which is very similar to my tastes/puchasing decisions, and why I don't have a VF-0. It's damn close to a VF-1 in BOTH categories.

As for the VF-27---it is basically a VF-25, but the upcoming VF-27 toy looks *far* superior to the VF-25 toy in every way.

If you want DIFFERENT, get an Sv-51. Also simply one of the best Yamato's ever made.

(YF-21 is also very unique, but in an annoying/fiddly way---if the limbs DIDN'T separate, it'd be much easier to transform,studier, and fit together in fighter mode much better, too---it was heavily compromised for a gimmick nobody uses--it's been years and I have yet to see a photo of someone who actually removed the limbs other than for initial review purposes) I'd really like to have seen what Yamato could have done, if they hadn't made the limbs removable.

Already have the SV-51, it's nice but flimsy. I also have the 1/60 YF-19, the 1/60 YF-21, the 1/60 VE-1 (well, arriving tomorrow), the DX VF-25 Alto, the DX Quarter (coming tomorrow), the VB-6 and the VF-1S (1/48). So looks like I'm only missing the upcoming 1/60 VF-11C?

Edited by Dr. Z

And if you really wanted it, you could get the 1/60 VF-11B since the only difference is going to be the color, gunpod, and details on the FAST Packs

OK, my question is, is the V2 VF-1 line dead? Where's my gosh danged VF-1A DYRL Cannon Fodders?!?!

I was really hoping they would do a low-viz v1 in both 1A and 1J, so I could get an LV Team from Asuka II.

OK, my question is, is the V2 VF-1 line dead? Where's my gosh danged VF-1A DYRL Cannon Fodders?!?!

yes, it's dead. Yamato got sick of listening us complain about broken shoulders, so instead of more VF-1's we get basara's clown valk.

This is why we can't have nice things... <_<