G.I. Joe Pursuit Of Cobra

This week a bunch of Pursuit of Cobra(POC) toys ended up online:

New Images Of Upcoming G.I. Joe Pursuit Of Cobra Figures

Even More G.I. Joe Pursuit Of Cobra Figures Up Close

G.I. Joe Pursuit Of Cobra Jungle Assault Storm Shadow And Desert Battle Zartan In Hand Images

When unveiled at JoeCon the prototypes drew the attention of most of the fans, I can say for certain that a good majority of them that didn't like the Rise of Cobra movie line were won over by the Pursuit of Cobra line(except for the vehicles).

Zartan looks good, but I still want a readily-available classic Dusty for my "desert" Joes first.

Also want a Cover Girl that doesn't totally suck.

There's still a lot of "missing from 25th" things I want rather than more RoC/Resolute rehashes of the same basic dozen characters.

I hear you on that. I've totally passed on anything from the movie. I'm just trying to fill the gaps in my 25th Anniv. collection. I don't intend to buy anything new until Habro decides to go back to that line, if ever. I'm just glad they at least made most of the most popular figures. I still want to see MORE vehicles reissued though.

G.I. Joe Pursuit Of Cobra Jungle Assault Storm Shadow All New Images

I wish one day they reissue the Cobra Hurricane VTOL... it's an unful-filled childhood dream
Yeah same here man. The Rage is from the same time frame and that's being repainted/retooled as the Cobra Fury with Alley Viper in the Rise of Cobra line, so I hold onto hope that the Hurricane makes it into the Pursuit of Cobra line.

The plane and it's pilot look futuristic enough for inclusion IMHO. Just retool the wing connections to make them more durable.

I still want to see MORE vehicles reissued though.

HELL YES. I miss when G.I. Joe was an action vehicle line.

I hate most Movie Toy Lines. Hardly ever is enough Character Designs from the Movies to use. Instead you end up with the same characters in twenty different costumes they never wore in the movie or twenty new characters that didn't appear in it. Should one of this new characters appear in a sequel their new look in the movie will invalidate the earlier Movie figure. Plus the entire Pursuit of Cobra line will be invalidated by the next movie.

• 3 weeks later...

I really just want them to make some more figs using the best 25th Baroness mold, armored Scarlett, Helix, etc. A few new parts, variations, etc. Still really want a 25th-style Cover Girl. (they can call her whatever they want, put her in whatever line they want--but so long as she's got reddish/auburn hair and a leather jacket, it'll do)

And a Techno-Viper.

New G.I. Joe Pursuit Of Cobra Possible Bravo VAMP With Clutch And HISS Tank Images

Still really want a 25th-style Cover Girl. (they can call her whatever they want, put her in whatever line they want--but so long as she's got reddish/auburn hair and a leather jacket, it'll do)
No Cover Girl without the Wolverine!!!!!!!!!! =)

I really just want them to make some more figs using the best 25th Baroness mold, armored Scarlett, Helix, etc. A few new parts, variations, etc. Still really want a 25th-style Cover Girl. (they can call her whatever they want, put her in whatever line they want--but so long as she's got reddish/auburn hair and a leather jacket, it'll do)

I made my own.

covergirl1.jpgcovergirl2.jpgcovergirl3.jpg

I was gonna replace the arms, but I decided that I liked the rolled up sleeves. Kind of makes sense, for when she's turning wrenches. I gave her long hair, because I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Resolute Baroness? New mold? Partial new mold? (though either way, I won't purchase a 7-pack just for her)

::edit:: Nevermind, good pics here: http://photos.yojoe.com/showgallery.php?cat=684

Headsculpts on Baroness and Scarlett suck. Still annoyed that the best Baroness ever was only released once, as part of a 5-pack. Has yet to be repainted etc.

Headsculpts on Baroness and Scarlett suck. Still annoyed that the best Baroness ever was only released once, as part of a 5-pack. Has yet to be repainted etc.

Yup, that Baroness figure was one of the biggest reasons I finally caved in and purchased that third Cobra 5-pack.

For once, I think a more animated look would have done this Scarlett figure better. The figure also needs those pouty lips that she had from the Resolute cartoon.

No no no. Over-pouty lips are the biggest issue in 'female character design' of the past 5 years. Every show/game/comic has that problem lately. "Big" is not the end-all be-all, and it's just lazy design. There's a zillion lip shapes out there in the real world, with tremendous variation. Yet all you see nowadays is the one basic design.