ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

That's awesome. And the little Noise accessory is a nice touch.

I think they had fun with that whole line. Chris and Tsubasa both have a "coughing up blood" face that seems just a tad out of place on a toy with those proportions.

Hibiki gets a berserker face that aaaactually kinda creeps me out.

Chris renders best in Nendoroid, though. (and I'm sure it annoys her)

The Chris nendo is such a dream display piece, such a ridiculous amount of firepower with effect parts on such a cute chibi. Also, I like the blood face for chris because it would work really well as a vampire/canable/creepy yandere face for other nendos.

Tsubasa's makes me really sad on the other hand, and Hibiki just creeps me the frakk out.

now here I have a quandary. I feel like I should like this repaint, because I normally love pink repaints and I like bright, wild colored repaints more than original colors in general, but there's something I'm just not feeling about it. I think I like it, but the original color feels more right to me. (The repaint has a better colored base for sure though).

hIE1427421938_zps4ev2nioz.jpeg

Agon1385356150_zpsyrokj8mm.jpeg

I think you're right. The purple hair just doesn't work. I've been much kinder to the seven sins repaint the then some people. I love the Alice in Wonderland Beelzebub, and I think the repaints of leviathan and asmodeus have both been better than the originals.

I guess it's just as well as apparently Orchid Seed doesn't want this figure being sold to westerners.

• 2 weeks later...

this is a bit of an odd one. I really don't collect anything like this (I don't go after old series character figures, I don't care for big backdrops that are meant to be viewed from a single angle and I don't like busts/partial body figures). but I have his really big soft spot for french art nouveau that this is really taping into and I kind of want it.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-011104

FIGURE-011104_zpsmft37jvp.jpg

Really hate it when ami trolls me with pretty stuff when I'm trying to cut down on purchases...

:touche:

Yeah I'm going to have to block their website on my computers...

this is a bit of an odd one. I really don't collect anything like this (I don't go after old series character figures, I don't care for big backdrops that are meant to be viewed from a single angle and I don't like busts/partial body figures). but I have his really big soft spot for french art nouveau that this is really taping into and I kind of want it.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-011104

FIGURE-011104_zpsmft37jvp.jpg

Funny that today I should find myself browsing through the book that contained the illustration that this figure is based on.

post-1431-0-10866400-1429256248_thumb.jpg

"Alice in wonderland" Beelzebub is up for preorder. she's so adorable:

http://www.hlj.com/product/HBJ61040

but if you order from hobby japan directly (or through your favorite proxy), she comes with a giant spoon... weapon... thing... :mellow:

hIE1429867610_zpswhfdqofe.jpeg

yeah, that's a little odd.