Finally saw 'Flashback 2012'.....

Aurora-7

Thanks to you tube. Glad it was short. :wacko: But at least I finally got to see Misa and Hikaru take off in the Megaroad-1 and VF-4s in flight.

It was a nice little way to wrap up the original SDF:M. Its probably a bit of a pity that its not an official "episode" of the series.

Everybody bitches and moans about not finding out the final fate of the Megaroad 1 and all of the characters in the fleet, but I still think its probably better if they leave it as is.

Taksraven

Everybody bitches and moans about not finding out the final fate of the Megaroad 1 and all of the characters in the fleet, but I still think its probably better if they leave it as is.

I see it as a potential future series: Macross Megaroad

I'm with taksraven. The story's been told, it ended. They flew off into the sunset. We still see characters popping up now and then as the world goes on, and we get a slew of new and interesting characters since the fate of the universe isn't always resting on the same set of shoulders time and again.

Still, I'd love a new series that has the VF-4 as it's main mecha. It's still my favourite variable fighter.

See, but they didn't ride off into the sunset...they rode off into nothingness...lost.

It's reasonable to not want to delve back into those characters...I'm fine with it.

However, being told they disappeared isn't satisfying. It's not happily lived ever after or dead...it's limbo someplace in between.

I only want a final fate for that ship stated...it doesn't need to have a series, just a mention in a new installment of the franchise.

See, but they didn't ride off into the sunset...they rode off into nothingness...lost.

It's reasonable to not want to delve back into those characters...I'm fine with it.

However, being told they disappeared isn't satisfying. It's not happily lived ever after or dead...it's limbo someplace in between.

I only want a final fate for that ship stated...it doesn't need to have a series, just a mention in a new installment of the franchise.

By the year 2060 happily ever after still means dead for those characters regardless. I really don't want to hear the story of Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay falling into a black hole and being crushed. Do you?

Over at the Starship Modeler forum, someone stated that because of the death of the original voice actor for Hikaru and friend to the creator of Macross, a story line involving his character would not be done.

I can understand that reasoning of the producer.

So maybe a story about the SDF-3?

Also, from that forum, here's a link to PetarB's VF-4 build. Gorgeous!

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/Pe...p;current=E.jpg

Edited by Aurora-7

I interpret the scene in the last episode of Frontier where we finally see who was in Bilrer's locket, to be some indication that the Megaroad issue is still open and perhaps will be addressed in a future series.

No, that was just Kawamori's Ultimate Cock-Tease technique, MINMAY LOCKET KICK!

I interpret the scene in the last episode of Frontier where we finally see who was in Bilrer's locket, to be some indication that the Megaroad issue is still open and perhaps will be addressed in a future series.

Funny, I interpret it as it telling us to finally "let it go", which to me is what Bilrer seemed to do at the end when he closes the locket with a soft sigh.

Funny, I interpret it as it telling us to finally "let it go", which to me is what Bilrer seemed to do at the end when he closes the locket with a soft sigh.

Almost the same for me. I interpreted it as a "Hah. made you look. give it up, i'm never gonna go there again, but i'll keep teasing you coz the look on your face is priceless!" from Kawamori. :p

Over at the Starship Modeler forum, someone stated that because of the death of the original voice actor for Hikaru and friend to the creator of Macross, a story line involving his character would not be done.

I can understand that reasoning of the producer.

So maybe a story about the SDF-3?

Also, from that forum, here's a link to PetarB's VF-4 build. Gorgeous!

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/Pe...p;current=E.jpg

SDF.... 3? wait, are we talking about the same series here? :rolleyes:

Well...the SDF-3 is Britai's ship, according to the VF-1 Master Files...so a story about that could be pretty interesting. ^_^

Well that teaches me to react too quickly. hehe.

If that's the SDF3 in discussion, that would indeed be worth seeing. at the very least, they would have one kick-ass captain. :)

Every fan of SDF Macross should see Flashback 2012. It's a great swan song for the Macross story; a wonderful high note upon which to finalize the original. I'm surprised that more of a push isn't made to merchandise SDFM, DYRL and FB2012 as one package. It'd make a ideal set.

Every fan of SDF Macross should see Flashback 2012. It's a great swan song for the Macross story; a wonderful high note upon which to finalize the original. I'm surprised that more of a push isn't made to merchandise SDFM, DYRL and FB2012 as one package. It'd make a ideal set.

Yeah...I don't really understand the dislike of FB2012. I first saw it in 1987, and before I got my hands on it, I thought it was going to be a FULL CONTINUATION of the story...which obviously, it wasn't. And yet, that initial disappointment gave way to repsect and love in how cleverly the videos were edited. It's easy to do something like that badly (I know Mosepada: Love, Live, Alive has its fans, but I find it rather dull), but FB2012 is full of music and eye-candy, as well as a lovely last little glimpse of Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay. What's not to like?

Yeah...I don't really understand the dislike of FB2012. I first saw it in 1987, and before I got my hands on it, I thought it was going to be a FULL CONTINUATION of the story...which obviously, it wasn't. And yet, that initial disappointment gave way to repsect and love in how cleverly the videos were edited. It's easy to do something like that badly (I know Mosepada: Love, Live, Alive has its fans, but I find it rather dull), but FB2012 is full of music and eye-candy, as well as a lovely last little glimpse of Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay. What's not to like?

I couldn't agree more. It is just a music video, but it's made with such love and reverence for the original Macross that it works wonderfully in exactly the manner for which it was intended: a very fond farewell. It's a brilliant bookend for the original Macross tale and quite unique as a production itself. I can understand the disappointment for those expecting a full feature or series, but Flashback 2012 succeeds brilliantly as a very fitting musical epilogue.

I couldn't agree more. It is just a music video, but it's made with such love and reverence for the original Macross that it works wonderfully in exactly the manner for which it was intended: a very fond farewell. It's a brilliant bookend for the original Macross tale and quite unique as a production itself. I can understand the disappointment for those expecting a full feature or series, but Flashback 2012 succeeds brilliantly as a very fitting musical epilogue.

I'll say this, at least. of all the Macross "sequels", only FB2012 gave me that warm, giddy feeling of unbridled nostalgia. yes, even more than a whole 25-episode homage-heavy Macross Frontier series ever did.

Watching Flashback 2012 AFTER going through a marathon of SDFM & DYRL makes you nostalgic, but seeing they rode out to the sunset .... kinda feels of finality of good ol' Macross there.

Given I'm a self professed Minmay fanboy, I do rewatched Flashback from time to time ... & upon seeing the Minmay locket in Bilrer's hand in MacF, aw heck ... there's certain final memento that Minmay will not be revisited.

But thank goodness, Haruhiko 'Hal' Mikimoto is revisting, retconning the SDFM universe with Macross the First. His revised version of his muse is simply HAWTTT!

By the year 2060 happily ever after still means dead for those characters regardless. I really don't want to hear the story of Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay falling into a black hole and being crushed. Do you?

Disappearing near the center of the galaxy, to me, implies the black hole/other force of nature bad end in my opinion.. In fact it's the end that makes the most sense...something falling into a black hole would leave no trace.

Barring that 2060 doesn't have to equal dead at all! Hikaru wouldn't even be 70 yet. (And in looking up his age to make sure: Wiki has one Miku Ichijyo listed as his daughter!..what's the source on that? I'm sure that's new somehow, or may be I'm just an idiot). But that's not the point, I want the MIA to become a KIA or crashed on planet, lost technology, but lived in a nice little village of survivors until he died/retired to being grandpa or whatever. Don't need a series, just a factoid.

Disappearing near the center of the galaxy, to me, implies the black hole/other force of nature bad end in my opinion.. In fact it's the end that makes the most sense...something falling into a black hole would leave no trace.

Barring that 2060 doesn't have to equal dead at all! Hikaru wouldn't even be 70 yet. (And in looking up his age to make sure: Wiki has one Miku Ichijyo listed as his daughter!..what's the source on that? I'm sure that's new somehow, or may be I'm just an idiot). But that's not the point, I want the MIA to become a KIA or crashed on planet, lost technology, but lived in a nice little village of survivors until he died/retired to being grandpa or whatever. Don't need a series, just a factoid.

That is what most long time fans have been waiting for actually. So far, I don't see an answer coming soon.

Kawamori was sick of people always asking him if they would see Hikaru, Misa and Minmei again, eventhought he had said numerous times that their story was told, so being fed up about the constant nagging he told everyone that the Megaroad-01 had lost all transmissions near the center of the galaxy and nothing was known about them, so people would leave it to rest already

Max & Millia characters were added to Macross 7 cause he noticed a big popularity on the SDFM ace, so he implemented them as a nostalgic character along with Exedor for original fans

just FYI, the center of the galaxy is thought to be a huge black hole

I was just remembering the other day, how funny it was that in Robotech, the Mospeada chapter, "Admiral Hunters" flagship got mysteriously lost during folding, strange coincidence to Kawamoris decision , hahahahaha

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Kawamori was sick of people always asking him if they would see Hikaru, Misa and Minmei again, eventhought he had said numerous times that their story was told, so being fed up about the constant nagging he told everyone that the Megaroad-01 had lost all transmissions near the center of the galaxy and nothing was known about them, so people would leave it to rest already

Do you have a source for that? I read an interview a long time ago (in Animag, I think...or maybe in the early issues of Animerica) where he said that he was bored with the characters, and if he did another series with them, you'd be bored with them too.

But I've never seen anything where he indicated that he was annoyed by fans pestering him about it... :unsure: