Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Saecon love

dsc01340_1277434222.jpg

He has a trident too ;)

Neat! Any idea on the release date? I acually have the main body for this one (missing pretty much all the parts, though), and I would like to get more G1 combiners... Without paying the G1 price.

They just ruined a P-38. A proper P-38 transforming like that could have been amazing. As it is, it's a steam-punk-nightmare P-38.

(I want either REAL planes, or very fake planes--don't do "screwed up to avoid copyright laws or to look "kewl" versions of real planes). (IMHO ROTF Dirge is just enough to be "fake"--he's Harrier-esque, but so far off from the real one that I'm ok with it---plus he's sleek and not faux-steam-punk)

They just ruined a P-38. A proper P-38 transforming like that could have been amazing. As it is, it's a steam-punk-nightmare P-38.

(I want either REAL planes, or very fake planes--don't do "screwed up to avoid copyright laws or to look "kewl" versions of real planes). (IMHO ROTF Dirge is just enough to be "fake"--he's Harrier-esque, but so far off from the real one that I'm ok with it---plus he's sleek and not faux-steam-punk)

I think the best Jetformer in Transformers this year will be the Conquesticon, Terradive. More kibble than Dirge(Dirge is actually pretty cool in the movie line), but intakes aren't as big and I like the alt mode a lot. Wondering if the repaint with new will be Strafe...the G2 Cyberjet. I'd settle for Dogfight, Depth Charge(head sculpt looks similar) or even Cyclonus.

I particularly like the way the mini-guns are placed directly behind the propellers... :D

The guns are usually synced with the props in real warbirds, nothing too unusual about that.

I like how Terradive's "B mode" ;) has a mini heatshield. Shame the jet exhaust gets transformed to facing up. Definitely getting Tomahawk and Terradive and giving them pseudo-macrossverse prototype valk designation in my head, like what i did with ROTF Thrust.

Highbrow ain't doing it for me either.

Edited by raptormesh

The guns are usually synced with the props in real warbirds, nothing too unusual about that.

I like how Terradive's "B mode" ;) has a mini heatshield. Shame the jet exhaust gets transformed to facing up. Definitely getting Tomahawk and Terradive and giving them pseudo-macrossverse prototype valk designation in my head, like what i did with ROTF Thrust.

Highbrow ain't doing it for me either.

The Conquesticon Terradive is going to be repainted with a new head as someone else later on, might buy 2 of that, 1 to turn into a Conquest X-30 repaint.

Wow, wrong colors* on Overbite, and with stickers pre-mis-applied! <_<

(I am a big Seacons fan)

PS---original G1 Seacons had QA/fit issues, "mold wear" etc---I can't imagine how the mold is now, after the JP BW ones, etc.

*Overbite's mid-section and gun should be pure G1 Decepticon purple---he's the "uniquely colored" Seacon, the only one with purple.

**Also, if they don't include at least one "weapon stand" than you can't really do Piranacon right. I am 100% sure the official instructions have been wrong all these years, and miss a step---use the weapon stand rifle for Piranacon when in gun mode, not the limb's personal weapon. It just looks/works/fits so much better--it CANNOT be coincidence that that part has no other use, and is shaped the way it is.

PPS--the original sword was lavender, not chromed. It's supposed to be kind of coral-seaweed-y. (based on the mold details)

Hooray quality control!

Actually, the chrome sword surprises me, aside from being incorrect.

I thought Hasbro simply didn't DO chromed plastic anymore because it was easy to break and make something sharp and pointy with?

Yep, that's all for wave 1. In addition to Darkmount, Straxus; Blurr, there are:

1. Red Alert
  2. WFC Megatron
  3. WFC Soundwave
  4. DIRGE!: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tfw2005-botcon-2010-coverage-generations-and-hunt-for-the-decepticons-figures-170049/

Red Alert I'll take, Megatron and Soundwave I do want, and I'm even glad to get Dirge... now can we please get a domestic non-exclusive Thundercracker?

Some great news from the panels today: Hasbro Panel

I'm excited about the Jazz figure, but I'm not sure if it's from Generations or WFC.

If it's a Generations/Classics or WFC, that's cool, but no more movie Jazz, please.

While we're on the subject, Scourge! Thunderwing! Grapple! Perceptor!

I was curious about Hasbro's upcoming TF Stealth Force line, so I did a search on YouTube. Some people over on TFW2005 say the line is reminiscent of M.A.S.K., but I beg to differ. Am I the only one who sees the similarities between this...

TF Stealth Force Optimus Prime

...and this?

(LJN, mid-1980s)

I remeber my brother and I having a few of those Switch Force toys when they first came out in about 1980. The two we had were the black Trans Am that turned into a jet and a yellow Corvette (the A-Team Face version shown in the commercial is basicly a white remold of the one we had).

I was curious about Hasbro's upcoming TF Stealth Force line, so I did a search on YouTube. Some people over on TFW2005 say the line is reminiscent of M.A.S.K., but I beg to differ. Am I the only one who sees the similarities between this...

TF Stealth Force Optimus Prime

...and this?

(LJN, mid-1980s)

It's similar to both. It kinda combines MASK's more complex transformations with Switchforce's single button press. Brilliant toy, but I won't be buying one. I dig robots. Now, a fully automated robot transformation, I'll get on board with. Providing it's complex and neither mode sucks.

If it's a Generations/Classics or WFC, that's cool, but no more movie Jazz, please.While we're on the subject, Scourge! Thunderwing! Grapple! Perceptor!

Jazz and all nearly all of the figures mentioned(except for Mindset), are ALL Generations/Classics 3.0! Jazz is said to be very close to a Porsche without actually using the Porsche design.

Are Dirge and Thrust more like the classics line or encore? They look really similar to the originals but are basically modernized, right? I've been out of the TF loop for a long time.

Classics, both actually use the Henkei molds by TakaraTomy.

Man it sucks that we'll never get that. That's beautiful.

Are we EVER getting Season 3 on DVD???

Seriously. I'm still waiting on that and a complete season 2 of Spectacular Spider-Man.

I think the last word from Hasbro on a TFA Season 3 DVD is that they have no current plans. I can't even find season 1 and 2 for a reasonable price anymore. I didn't buy them when they came out because I was going to wait for what I figured was an inevitable "complete series" box set. I still haven't seen season 3 in any form, other than a few random clips on YouTube. :(

That unproduced Animated Megatron is a thing of beauty. Easily the best Megatron toy I've ever seen. Unless it's a leader size toy I think Hasbro could easily find a place for it in Generations.

iGear (well, somebody they commissioned), a chinese company somewhat infamous for blatantly thumbing their nose at Hasbro/Takara-Tomy's IP, are doing Masterpiece Not-Dirge.

Oh boy. They even used official art on their solicitation image.

I hope they have their proctologist appointment ready, because Hasbro is really going to rip their @sshole wide open legally.

Yet ironically, they said it was based on wheeljack's design. So, credit to the customizer, but not to Hasbro.

PS---the final design being different may be understatement of the year. We'll see how well wheeljack's many hours of quality effort translate into semi-mass production by Chinese factory workers.

I think the last word from Hasbro on a TFA Season 3 DVD is that they have no current plans. I can't even find season 1 and 2 for a reasonable price anymore. I didn't buy them when they came out because I was going to wait for what I figured was an inevitable "complete series" box set. I still haven't seen season 3 in any form, other than a few random clips on YouTube. :(

I was waiting for the widescreen releases.

At least I have the clips I downloaded off bittorrent...

That unproduced Animated Megatron is a thing of beauty. Easily the best Megatron toy I've ever seen. Unless it's a leader size toy I think Hasbro could easily find a place for it in Generations.

It's a pretty neat toy, BUT...

Two fusion cannons? Am I the only person that sees that and thinks it's overkill even for Megatron?

I'm still incredibly disappointed that Animated went out like it did. It deserved better.

Heck, they'd only just started opening entire plot threads when they killed it.