Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Thanks for the replies on NCS. I guess I'll preorder through them. I used to get most my stuff from a local User's Side but they closed their doors a while ago unfortunately. It was awesome to have an American based store front for instant import gratification.

Is it just me, or does Minmei kind of look deformed in that LE cover? Or just really, really young or something? Either way, she just looks kind of off to me.

Wasn't she like... sixteen when she was an idol? Or 18 in the movie version? I don't remember...

In any case, she was a teenager.

But maaaaaaybe, just maaaaybe Mikimoto is a closet loli otaku? =P

Thanks for the replies on NCS. I guess I'll preorder through them. I used to get most my stuff from a local User's Side but they closed their doors a while ago unfortunately. It was awesome to have an American based store front for instant import gratification.

NCS is based in New York, so they are an american based store, just not a physical one.

aWESOME! VF-22S(GK) Gamlin Kizaki comfirmed! In addition to the already mentioned VF-4.

As for a bonus for Ace Frontier save data, I hope at the very least it's carried over tune points, and at best carried over heart levels.

aWESOME! VF-22S(GK) Gamlin Kizaki comfirmed! In addition to the already mentioned VF-4.

As for a bonus for Ace Frontier save data, I hope at the very least it's carried over tune points, and at best carried over heart levels.

Yeah, that might be good, but thinking about it, it might make the game less fun. I mean, who wants to start the game already ultra-powerful?

And the way they keep everything secretive implies the "bonus" is something a little more... substantial? It might unlock some secret characters or something.

Uh.........can't recall, but it'll work on games but from what I've understood, US PSP's will only play US UMD's...so you'd have to own a PSP from Japan to play the Japanese UMD's unless Bandai's smart on this......

IIRC the UMD movie regioning is the same as the DVD regioning.

Firmware update is most likely gonna be a necessity. Just hope that DarkAlex comes up with a "fixed firmware" with a high enough release number before the release of MUF.

Uh.........can't recall, but it'll work on games but from what I've understood, US PSP's will only play US UMD's...so you'd have to own a PSP from Japan to play the Japanese UMD's unless Bandai's smart on this......

To clarify:

- UMD Movies are region coded (according to the same zones as DVDs)

- UMD Games are not (generally) region coded (so a US disc game should be playable on an Asian or Japanese PSP)

To tell what region your PSP hardware came from, open the battery door and read the model number (Order in the list below is Model Number, Country of Origin, DVD/UMD Region):

PSP-1000 - Japan - REGION 2

PSP-1000 K - Japan - REGION 2

PSP-1000 KCW - Japan - REGION 2

PSP-1001 K - USA - REGION 1

PSP-1002 K - Australia, New Zealand - REGION 2

PSP-1003 K - UK - REGION 2

PSP-1004 K - Europe - REGION 2

PSP-1005 K - Korea - REGION 3

PSP-1006 K - Hong Kong - REGION 3

PSP-1007 K - Hong Kong and Southeast/East Asia - REGION 3

Of course, this is for the original fat (or phat, I like to call it) model. If you have a slim 2000 or 3000 series, sub it in (so instead of PSP-1000 for Japan, it'd be PSP-2000 or PSP-3000, etc).

More info here:

http://psp3d.com/general-psp-discussion/14...n-your-psp.html

Edited by sdf2501

The box of your PSP should have something like this:

post-322-1251682440_thumb.jpg

and the number assigned to each region is as the list sdf2501 posted (1 US, 2 Japan, 3 HK & Singapore, etc...)

Box!? That went in the bin, 5 minutes after buying the thing nearly a year ago (or whenever it was that MAF came out).

Graham

To clarify:

- UMD Movies are region coded (according to the same zones as DVDs)

- UMD Games are not (generally) region coded (so a US disc game should be playable on an Asian or Japanese PSP)

To tell what region your PSP hardware came from, open the battery door and read the model number (Order in the list below is Model Number, Country of Origin, DVD/UMD Region):

PSP-1000 - Japan - REGION 2

PSP-1000 K - Japan - REGION 2

PSP-1000 KCW - Japan - REGION 2

PSP-1001 K - USA - REGION 1

PSP-1002 K - Australia, New Zealand - REGION 2

PSP-1003 K - UK - REGION 2

PSP-1004 K - Europe - REGION 2

PSP-1005 K - Korea - REGION 3

PSP-1006 K - Hong Kong - REGION 3

PSP-1007 K - Hong Kong and Southeast/East Asia - REGION 3

Of course, this is for the original fat (or phat, I like to call it) model. If you have a slim 2000 or 3000 series, sub it in (so instead of PSP-1000 for Japan, it'd be PSP-2000 or PSP-3000, etc).

More info here:

http://psp3d.com/general-psp-discussion/14...n-your-psp.html

Thanks. Checked and mine's a '2006', so as suspected, Hong Kong - region 3, which makes sense as I bought it in Hong Kong.

Graham

I'm confused. Why is everyone so worried about the game and modded PSP's? I've had a modded PSP for a pretty good while now and I haven't really had any problems. Hell, even the new Final Fantasy works fine with my CFW version. DarkAlex was great, but I'm sure he wasn't the only person doing CFW work.

Yeah the UMD movie region lock is totally there. I have a JPN fat PSP now and I can't play US UMD movies on it. Although I guess it's good news for me because I can play the JPN UMD movie that comes with the limited edition.

I think that's a big part of it there too. Some of us run custom firmwares, but are concerned that the UMD movie won't play on it. Custom firmwares have support to play video from multiple regions, but it's kind of wonky and sometimes (most times?) doesn't work properly.

I guess we'll find out when it comes out, along with if we'll be forced to upgrade firmware versions to play the game.

Heheh. I had forgotten about the delivery time... Damn. I suppose I COULD get into the semi legal-illegal realm of downloading an ISO. I mean, I already paid for it. Still, it doesn't feel right.

I'll have to strenghten my patience... But man, once I get that thing in my hands, I'm gonna be twitching like a chicken with an epileptic seizure... And I KNOW everyone in my house will be pestering me for stupid stuff. It happens every time...

Fortunately, this one is on the PSP, so I can bring it with me to school and work. MUAHAHAHA... And when people at school pester me for letting them play, I can just say it's in Japanese. Works every time. >=)