Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Just WOW. So much cool additions and the macross II mecha looks fippin fantastic! Ohh i'm going to go straight to the Mac II missions!

VF-2SS and Feff Gilgamesh woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit that exclusive pack is friggin expensive, i think i'll be happy with the normal ed. :p I think...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just came back from Japan and I was able to watch the trailer for Ultimate Frontier @ a store in Akihabara... WOW. It appears that Battle 7 will be available to use too. I hope the trailer is made available online anytime soon.

I took also a pic of list of the contents of the extra UMD disc... I'll post it here once I get to download all the pics from the camera.

BTW, the release date IS October 1st

There's a little bit of info regarding the shop in the game (Named Nyan Nyan Shop), I can't read some of the kanji in there, but taking a look at the small picture, I saw Shin, Roy (Zero), Sara, something in black, Hikaru and Roy (Macross 1) listed. Can someone with a better kanji knowledge take a look at this and comment? It's the scan that has a very small pic of Ranka.

It says something about characters and machines... What? Do you have to buy them there? If so... Hmmm... Yay?

I wouldn't mind grabbing a few artwork screens from there...

On other notes: I didn't notice the artwork for the Frontier movie...

SHERYL IN A THONG!!! HELL YEAH!!!

In the previous pic, I understand that the extra UMD will include:

- CG Valkyrie gallery

- Textless openings (we have these from the 20th anniv DVD, except for Frontier)

- a preview or something from the Macross F movie

- Ads and promotions

- Game promotion videos

- Interview with Kawamori

- Interview with Fire Bomber

a nice treat for Region 2 PSP owners... too bad mine's Region 3 :(

And this is what the stand showing the video looks like:

post-322-1250933071_thumb.jpg

I have a US PSP, what region are they?

1, I think...

Oh, on the scans, there's two new original characters.

A male one with dreadlocks named Luis Fernando (Yeah, both are names, not surnames although I'm guessing they're using Fernando as his surname) and a female named Hoshimura Yui (Japanese naming order, I suppose). The two that remained unnamed are now bearers of a decent one each: The male with a little beard is... Uhh... Gailly (Written as Geirii, someone help me here please) Murdoch and the female blonde with red lips is now named Hilda V. Bergen.

Hmmm... So far, so good. I suppose that a bunch of Zentran pilots would be nice for the next game... Because hell, a game with this bunch of people expecting it, HAS to have a third iteration... I hope, I hope.

As for the shop, it seems that yes, you buy things off the Nyan Nyan Shop this time. Listed are:

Characters

Machines

Mode (game modes?)

BGM

Movies

Can't read

Titles

Icons

Care to check and correct me please?

Edited by CrazyMartian

A male one with dreadlocks named Luis Fernando (Yeah, both are names, not surnames although I'm guessing they're using Fernando as his surname) and a female named Hoshimura Yui (Japanese naming order, I suppose). The two that remained unnamed are now bearers of a decent one each: The male with a little beard is... Uhh... Gailly (Written as Geirii, someone help me here please) Murdoch and the female blonde with red lips is now named Hilda V. Bergen.

Lol at the stereotypical latin/hispanic/mexican dude. I'm totally surprised he has dreads and not a sombrero or something.

I THINK it's supposed to be Gary Maddox but loan words are really tricky. Even native speakers don't always agree on how to write foreign words in Katakana.

Lol at the stereotypical latin/hispanic/mexican dude. I'm totally surprised he has dreads and not a sombrero or something.

I THINK it's supposed to be Gary Maddox but loan words are really tricky. Even native speakers don't always agree on how to write foreign words in Katakana.

As long as he has a poncho colored Valkyrie, he'll be fine! ;)

Here ya go.

Oh, hey, thanks.

And regarding "Señor Luis Fernando", I'd love to grab Haruhiko Mikimoto and slap him around a bit with MY "sombrero". Or instead of my "sombrero", with my "sarape", maybe my "huaraches" or maybe, just maybe my "cinturon".

Sometimes I think that Japanese people are very, very ignorant as a whole, regarding other cultures that are not McDonalds' related...

Even MY Japanese teacher admitted to believing that here in Mexico we still wore huge sombreros, had big, dark beards and walked with a sarape (what you called poncho) before she came here.

I know I shouldn't generalize, but honestly... I haven't been proven wrong so far... And it got quite awkward when I went to Japan a few years ago, tagging along with my teacher and other classmates and met her parents.

"Oh! You come from Mexico! Where is your sombrero?"

"Where is your katana, Mister Nara?"

Her father was silent for what seemed like 30 seconds... Everyone kept silent as if I had made a HUGE mistake. Even I was sweating as I pictured him kicking my ass out of his mini lawn.

"Hahahahahaha! That was a very good retort, young man! Want a beer?"

Three hours later, we were dead drunk and singing whatever came to mind. My teacher still comments on how weird the whole situation was for her. Especially since her father is kind of unsociable outside from his small circle of friends.

Oh, hey, thanks.

And regarding "Señor Luis Fernando", I'd love to grab Haruhiko Mikimoto and slap him around a bit with MY "sombrero". Or instead of my "sombrero", with my "sarape", maybe my "huaraches" or maybe, just maybe my "cinturon".

Sometimes I think that Japanese people are very, very ignorant as a whole, regarding other cultures that are not McDonalds' related...

Even MY Japanese teacher admitted to believing that here in Mexico we still wore huge sombreros, had big, dark beards and walked with a sarape (what you called poncho) before she came here.

I know I shouldn't generalize, but honestly... I haven't been proven wrong so far... And it got quite awkward when I went to Japan a few years ago, tagging along with my teacher and other classmates and met her parents.

"Oh! You come from Mexico! Where is your sombrero?"

"Where is your katana, Mister Nara?"

Her father was silent for what seemed like 30 seconds... Everyone kept silent as if I had made a HUGE mistake. Even I was sweating as I pictured him kicking my ass out of his mini lawn.

"Hahahahahaha! That was a very good retort, young man! Want a beer?"

Three hours later, we were dead drunk and singing whatever came to mind. My teacher still comments on how weird the whole situation was for her. Especially since her father is kind of unsociable outside from his small circle of friends.

That is an excellent anecdote! Very quick witted on your part. It is also nice to see he took it in stride and you made friends. I wish I could have been there to see the expressions on peoples faces as the lines were delivered though. The devil inside me also wishes there was a little "hechando chingasos" going on but eh <_<

A friend and I joke around about opening a Taco stand in Japan quite frequently. Well because you know you can't get good Mexican food in all of Asia apparently. He of course would have to be the obligatory "Mexican" on staff even though we both look like gueros.

A friend and I joke around about opening a Taco stand in Japan quite frequently. Well because you know you can't get good Mexican food in all of Asia apparently.

Don't know how authentic the food is, never having been to Mexico, but there are at least 4 (what I consider to be good) Mexican resturants here in Hong Kong.

Graham

Actually, I know quite a few Mexican restaurants in the Kansai area alone. There's one down my road, not 5 minutes from my house, even! And if you go to Okinawa, there are so many Taco places that there are many Japanese people who actually think "Taco-rice" is traditional Okinawan food, along with Goya and stuff.

AAAAaaaanyway.. Ultimate Frontier. Other homepage updates include... The news that there is gonna be more than 130 minutes of footage on that UMD-Video that comes with the Special Edition!! Really looking forward to that.

So.... Question: Will the UMD-Video also be "locked" unless you perform a Firmware update? I mean, yeah, no-one knows for sure, but has it ever happened before? Because I thought that lock thing was just for games. Has anyone who buy UMD-Videos ever experienced this? I really hope it's just the game itself that requires an update, not the video disc, because I really want to see it. I can (kind of) wait for some new CFW to work with my PSP before I play the game, since MAF is still keeping me busy.

Also, check out the opening/theme song, you can hear it in Nico-doga and Youtube, the links are in the Scoopda thread. I prefer Get Free personally, but it's not bad, much better than if they had gone with something like Triangler.

That's region locking. I'm talking about the "lock" on games, whenever you have to upgrade your Firmware to play the latest game ("unlock" it) or it won't run (Case in point: I had to upgrade to 4.something to play AceFrontier because I was on 3.something. Until I did, the game was "locked", as far as I am concerned). I was wondering if that was ever applicable to UMD-Video discs, too. I hope not.

I really hope I don't have to reinstall the official firmware, but I'm thinking it'll be mandatory. 5.55 is going to be the firmware included with MUF, I think, and most likely, it'll force me to install it... I really don't want to, but... On the other hand, I AM dying to play the game.

On a little detour, I tried the mexican food on three different cities: Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto... They... tasted like paper to me... The shop owner, a Japanese who had came to Mexico regularly, told me that it is difficult to pull the original flavors with the Japanese ingredients... But since most Japanese don't come here, well. No complaints. On a weird side note, There is sushi here with hot sauce... go figure... I guess we're even...

Back to the main topic: I think this game is going to be really fun online with adhoc party (the program for the PS3), so if any of you have a PS3, you should give it a try. Also, if someone is up to a bit of MAF carnage, you can add me and we can get the time down. What do you say?

Edited by CrazyMartian

I really hope I don't have to reinstall the official firmware, but I'm thinking it'll be mandatory. 5.55 is going to be the firmware included with MUF, I think, and most likely, it'll force me to install it... I really don't want to, but... On the other hand, I AM dying to play the game.

On a little detour, I tried the mexican food on three different cities: Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto... They... tasted like paper to me... The shop owner, a Japanese who had came to Mexico regularly, told me that it is difficult to pull the original flavors with the Japanese ingredients... But since most Japanese don't come here, well. No complaints. On a weird side note, There is sushi here with hot sauce... go figure... I guess we're even...

Back to the main topic: I think this game is going to be really fun online with adhoc party (the program for the PS3), so if any of you have a PS3, you should give it a try. Also, if someone is up to a bit of MAF carnage, you can add me and we can get the time down. What do you say?

We have a Mexican restaurant here in Singapore (owned by an Indian person) that has a mexican chef. He brings the ingredients from Mexico. Suffice to say it's very good but VERY expensive (I'm mexican btw). I still have to try mexican food in HK or Japan :lol:

Regarding the game, I think the cover for the limited edition version begs to be released as a poster:

post-322-1251436201_thumb.jpg

We have a Mexican restaurant here in Singapore (owned by an Indian person) that has a mexican chef. He brings the ingredients from Mexico. Suffice to say it's very good but VERY expensive (I'm mexican btw). I still have to try mexican food in HK or Japan :lol:

Regarding the game, I think the cover for the limited edition version begs to be released as a poster:

If that's the LE cover, then I'm glad I pre-ordered that version!! Although Sheryl should be more prominent!!

Edited by Keith

Mexican? Hoho... I thought I was the only one...

Regarding that illustration... I think I just wet my pants and am swimming in my own drool...

If someone finds a good resolution version of the image, let's try making wallpapers off it!

I KNOW my computer needs a new one... Just as much as my PSP and PS3. :)

I'll have to try some of those places if I'm ever in the general area. I like the description of "tasted like paper" about what I'd expect.

Where are people in the US preordering the special edition? I see National Console Support has it but I've never actually ordered from them before. I have heard of them from somewhere though...

http://www.shopncsx.com/macrossultimatefrontier-1.aspx

I'm not even sure I really need the cover or the video but the price difference seems marginal.

I don't believe UMDs have firmware restrictions. Of course I've never tried because I currently have a JPN PSP and I've never had the urge to import UMD movies but I can assure you the region lock is there :lol:

If you are asking about National Console Support, I have ordered all my imports from them, and they have yet to fail me. I placed my preorder of MUF with them too, given that my preorder of MAF last year came nicely and all.

One thing I like about National Console Support is that they're actually very quick when dealing with customers. I've had questions, and they have answered in a lapse of 3 hours in average (yeah, I have made the math, I'm that crazy). When I had trouble because a game I wanted to order (Anubis: Zone of the Enders Special Edition to be precise) had run out and they weren't planning on restocking soon, they restocked quicker and I placed my order with them.

I was considering ordering the limited version, but well... With the region lock, and given that I don't know if the custom firmware I use will cut it when I actually get the game, I decided to just order the regular version.

Still, that interview with Shoji Kawamori seems too interesting to stop bothering me anytime soon.

Regarding the UMD games and regional locks, nope, no locks there. A friend tried my MAF disc with his official firmware PSP. Movie discs are a whole different ballgame, however...

Edited by CrazyMartian

Regarding the UMD games and regional locks, nope, no locks there. A friend tried my MAF disc with his official firmware PSP. Movie discs are a whole different ballgame, however...

:rolleyes:

Sigh. For the third time, I wasn't talking about regional locks. I'm talking about the Firmware update (5.55?) that you will most likely need to perform when the game comes out. I wonder if the video disc needs a Firmware update to run, as well. I was asking if anyone had ever experienced that with a UMD-Video.

I'm like you, I don't want to update just yet.

Also, is that actually the SE cover? It might be just the Mikimoto illustration that they said would be included. I'm guessing it is a mini-poster. Very nice. I see Mao is there... is she featured in the game? I didn't notice her in any screenshots.

Edited by Renato

Sigh. For the third time, I wasn't talking about regional locks. I'm talking about the Firmware update (5.55?) that you will most likely need to perform when the game comes out. I wonder if the video disc needs a Firmware update to run, as well. I was asking if anyone had ever experienced that with a UMD-Video.

I've had a few UMDs and never seen or heard of it, so you can quit stressing about whether or not you'll be able to watch it day one. The firmware updates are an attempt to stop game piracy, not UMD theft. It'll work fine.

I've had a few UMDs and never seen or heard of it, so you can quit stressing about whether or not you'll be able to watch it day one. The firmware updates are an attempt to stop game piracy, not UMD theft. It'll work fine.

Yipee! OK, thanks, that's what I needed to hear. Now I can sleep easy. ^_^