Takatoku 1/55 Super and 1/40 Orgoroid commercial

Shawn

If you didn't read about - I found a bunch of my old Beta tapes

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=ST&f=26&t=2749

Anyways I've begun capturing the good stuff. Here is the Takatoku 1/55 Super Valkyrie and the 1/40 Orgoroid tv commercials that played during episode 33 of Orguss.

Going to do some clean up once everything is captured, but I thought I'd show some small versions as I do them.

File is MPG format 6.5mb

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/multim...rmacross-cm.zip

More soon!

Shawn

aww, I can't see these commercials. Can you make them into MPEGs so I can see them on quicktime?

Er, they are MPEGs, plays fine for me in Quicktime.

You did remember to unzip them, right? ;):p

yes, my mac unzips them automatically. But I can't play them on either quicktime or windows media player. I'll try again.

Thanks for this Shawn. Who doesn't love 20 year old commercials in foreign languages? It would have been nice if this were a full length (30 second), well, at least the Super Valk part. It also would have been nice if these were included on the 20th anniversary DVD. But it's still good to see it.

aww, I can't see these commercials. Can you make them into MPEGs so I can see them on quicktime?

Are you on OS 9? The long filename probably truncated the file extension, IF it has been probably unZip'd by Stuffit. Just erase a couple of letters and add your own '.mpg' to the end of the filename. Quicktime should have no problems with it.

It's neat!!! Love those flying toys! :D

ok, I found a way to make it work. After unzipping the file, I have to change the file name to .mpeg. Anyway, that's some pretty cool commericals! Do you have any for the takatoku valkyries or bandai valkyries like the elint and super o? :p:D:lol:

Are you on OS 9? The long filename probably truncated the file extension, IF it has been probably unZip'd by Stuffit. Just erase a couple of letters and add your own '.mpg' to the end of the filename. Quicktime should have no problems with it.

It's neat!!! Love those flying toys! :D

thanx, I figured it out! :p:D:lol:

Er, they are MPEGs, plays fine for me in Quicktime.

You did remember to unzip them, right? ;):p

yes, my mac unzips them automatically. But I can't play them on either quicktime or windows media player. I'll try again.

smells like codecs problems for me <_<

Edited : Oups posted too late

Edited by TheFrenchOne

haha, I can't believe they showed boobies on tv! hahah. And that commercial for that time clock game looks pretty cool! I never saw that game here in the states, or at least I don't remember it. Does anybody know about that game?

Those commercials fill me with an awesome feeling of joy! Thanks, Shawn!

While watching them, I thought, "Why aren't modern American commercials as cool as 1980's Japanese commercials?" Then it hit me: if they showed those commercials in the U.S., the toy companies would probably be sued because the toys don't actually taxi and fly by themselves. (Well, that and the nipple thing.)

If anyone is having trouble watching the clips, you might have a look at the pinned imacross topic, which has links to a number of codec sources for Mac and Windows. (With several third-party codecs installed, they run fine under Quicktime Player 6 and Mac OS 9.1. I used ZipIt to unzip them...not that Stuffit Expander shouldn't work, but I didn't have any naming/filetype/extension problems with ZipIt.)

Edited by ewilen