"The Mandalorian Legacy"

I always confused Mandalorian with Mandarin, and since I didn't know about Boba Fett being a Mandalorian until recently (I never really wanted to explore his background - the whole mysterious silent type thing made the character) and therefore I always thought that this was a fruit.

Pete

I always confused Mandalorian with Mandarin, and since I didn't know about Boba Fett being a Mandalorian until recently (I never really wanted to explore his background - the whole mysterious silent type thing made the character) and therefore I always thought that this was a fruit.

Pete

Yes, the whole mysterious silent type totally made his character, until George Lucas crapped all over that and made him a just another clone, totally destroying any interesting back-story EU had created for him.

Vostok 7

He isn't a Mandalorian. Supposedly he and his father are so badass they killed Mandalorians and were awarded or took their armor, I forget which.

Jango was a Mandalorian. Well, he was adopted by Mandalorians and was trained by them anyway. By the time of the Clone Wars, the Mandalorians had basically fallen into disarray and mostly turned to bounty hunting and other jobs. The Fetts are a clan of the Mandalorians that go back to the times of the Great Republic thousands of years before Yavin.

Vostok 7

For me, the confusion gets even worse, because Mandalorian sounds like Mandarin (the fruit), and Mandarin in Polish is "Mandaryna," and Mandaryna is a Polish Pop singer - although I swear to God I have NEVER heard even ONE freaking song by this woman - not even on the radio. I suspect she doesn't actually sing - but anyways -

Because of you George Lucas, and your silly prequal Bobba Fett Backstory, here's what I think of (other than fruit), whenever I see Bobba Fett:

24gkdhd.jpg

Pete

Jango was a Mandalorian. Well, he was adopted by Mandalorians and was trained by them anyway. By the time of the Clone Wars, the Mandalorians had basically fallen into disarray and mostly turned to bounty hunting and other jobs. The Fetts are a clan of the Mandalorians that go back to the times of the Great Republic thousands of years before Yavin.

Vostok 7

Be prepared for all that to change with this new movie. :lol:

I see no George Lucas so it will probably be better than episodes 1-3.

Hear hear.

Yes, the whole mysterious silent type totally made his character, until George Lucas crapped all over that and made him a just another clone, totally destroying any interesting back-story EU had created for him.

Bah. I liked him better when he was just throwaway Sarlaac food. To this day, I have no idea why EU fans glommed onto him.

Hear hear.

Bah. I liked him better when he was just throwaway Sarlaac food. To this day, I have no idea why EU fans glommed onto him.

Because he's the awesomest dude in the UNIVERSE.

Would you rather everyone have a thing for an overweight big nosed mummy? Or a protocol droid with the head of a fly and his fat buddy? Or maybe Greedo survived his encounter with Han? Pfft. All those bounty hunters were lame. Boba Fett is where it's at. Maybe IG-88 or Bossk could hold a candle to him but not really.

Vostok 7

IG-88 (and the droids like him) have always been and will always be not only my favorite bounty hunter but my favorite Star Wars droid. I went through a Boba Fett phase, but the appearance of Jango thoroughly killed that. He just wasn't cool once the helmet came off.

IG-88 (and the droids like him) have always been and will always be not only my favorite bounty hunter but my favorite Star Wars droid. I went through a Boba Fett phase, but the appearance of Jango thoroughly killed that. He just wasn't cool once the helmet came off.

Very true. IG-88 is pretty cool, but the appearance of "IG assassin droids" and "IG lancer droids" in The Clone Wars have really watered him down too. The idea of him gaining sentience is still cool though.

And how about that Guri, eh? :D;)

Vostok 7

Because he's the awesomest dude in the UNIVERSE.

Would you rather everyone have a thing for an overweight big nosed mummy? Or a protocol droid with the head of a fly and his fat buddy? Or maybe Greedo survived his encounter with Han? Pfft. All those bounty hunters were lame. Boba Fett is where it's at. Maybe IG-88 or Bossk could hold a candle to him but not really.

Vostok 7

No, I'd rather accept all the bounty hunters for the throwaway characters they were meant to be.

Very true. IG-88 is pretty cool, but the appearance of "IG assassin droids" and "IG lancer droids" in The Clone Wars have really watered him down too. The idea of him gaining sentience is still cool though.

And how about that Guri, eh? :D;)

Vostok 7

He did lose a little individuality, but I actually like the design of the Animated Clone Wars IG even better. The recent figure of that design is just about my favorite SW figure ever. Articulated like crazy without being too gummy or bendy like some of the previous IG figures.

AMUSEMENT: Ah the IG droids. . . They are as efficient as me but are severely lacking in the charm and personality department.

Shall we kill something now, master?

Give me the old copper-brown, blood-thirsty protocol/assassin droid. :D

AMUSEMENT: Ah the IG droids. . . They are as efficient as me but are severely lacking in the charm and personality department.

Shall we kill something now, master?

Give me the old copper-brown, blood-thirsty protocol/assassin droid. :D

Its purely on an aesthetic level I like them. I haven't seen them in the Animated Clone Wars yet. :)

Amazing what Google can dig up:

http://themandalorianlegacy.com/

So, according to this site, you can buy TML merch. Which raises the question... if this is a fan film, and Lucasfilm is in no way a part of this, how has the mighty flannel hand of Lucas not smited this thing into next week?