Lets see the latest ver. of your model collecti

Grayson72

Mechleader

how much do you want for your Imp shuttle? i have been looking for one forever. great collection and nice work on your droid and stap. very clean. i know you wont part with the shuttle but if anyone can point me in a direction for one it would be great.

sean

I wonder what percentage of all Macross Hasegawa models are owned by MacrossWorld Members?

Maybe like 10%

I dont know...I thought I owned a lot...but I "only" have 1 of each...unlike Mechleader...WOW!

Yeah good grief Mechleader, you gonna open a store with those.

Seriously what are you gonna do with all those multiples?

HWR MKII

The Imp Shuttle is not for sale BUT I did get one cheap from SSM site. Sometimes in thetrading section people have them for cheap. Other than that...ebay. If I come across one I'll PM you. And thanks for the kind words.

Grayson 72

I have more than one kit so that I can do different color schemes and the like. Plus down the road I may wanna redo a kit and I figure if I have it now no need to go searching down the road when they are no longer around.

I didn't know there was a model of the Valk II. In 1/72 no less. Any details on where to find one? Is the SAP detachable?

Lonnie

Its the Musasiya kit....the original and recasts appear from time to time. The SAP is buildable on, or off. I suppose if you spent the time you could build it detachable, but the legs have to switch positions, so you would need to articulate them.

• 9 months later...

I'm here to revive this thread from the dead. This is my current collection of kits. Back when this thread started, I had maybe three to five kits, but now it's getting ridiculous. I actually remember thinking to myself, "Why the hell would somebody have so many kits?" Now look at me. Sadly, I've only built maybe five kits out of all those...

kits7mz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I need to get my wife to read this thread! That way she knows I'm not the only "nut" out there with tons of kits. I've got soooo many kits, I just stuck them all in containers. Most are 1/100 or 1/200 so it's easy to get about 30 kits in one container. You guys make me feel better about the "hord" of kits I have collected! Here's to group therapy!

I'd show you but then I'd have to kill you,

Actually my collection is small compared to some of the brutes out there.

But it has gotten larger every year.

And somehow these "resin" kits keep showing up in plain boxes. Kinda like those magazines my Dad used to get.

Meh, this really has more toys and figures than model mecha. This shot was taken before the VF-1A was done. Now the VF-1A is sitting nicely by Alphose and the Bandai Valkyrie.

I WILL post up a picture of the few boxes of model kits. Not many though. I thought I'd throw that in since some others put some Gundam related stuff there.

post-3312-1131512406_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1131512421_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1131512442_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1131512468_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1131512487_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1131512505_thumb.jpg

So can someone tell me WHY you all feel the need to have so many unbuilt model kits?  I get the feeling that most of you NEVER plan to actually build these kits!

343630[/snapback]

That's an easy enough questions to answer.

Just because. Eventhough, you know you will never be able to build all those wonderful kits, it's still nice to know you have them.

It's just like the toy-collectors, you will buy and buy toys, but eventually will never be able to play with all of them.

"Just because" isn't an answer. It sounds more like an unhealthy obsession than a fun hobby when it gets to the point that it literally takes days to inventory a collection. And comparing it to other "just because" hobbies doesn't really answer my question either.

(Not that I don't appreciate the response, but I'm looking for something deeper)

"Just because" isn't an answer.  It sounds more like an unhealthy obsession than a fun hobby when it gets to the point that it literally takes days to inventory a collection.  And comparing it to other "just because" hobbies doesn't really answer my question either.

(Not that I don't appreciate the response, but I'm looking for something deeper)

343634[/snapback]

...sounds more like an unhealthy obsession...

As far as this not being a fun hobby, I still think it is.

"Just because" isn't an answer.  It sounds more like an unhealthy obsession than a fun hobby when it gets to the point that it literally takes days to inventory a collection.

343634[/snapback]

Hmm... it's probably the nearest anyone's going to really be able to give you, though. I have a stack of about twenty model kits - some injection styrene and some resin - that I've not got around to starting. I know it's an insignificant number compared to some of the guys here, but... it's only 'cause I suddenly had to start putting new ones on a different shelf 'cause I'd run out of room that I even really realised how many I had, it just hadn't occured to me before. I buy model kits when I see a kit that I want to build - I don't sit back and think "Hey, I won't be able to make this kit until next April, I may as well not buy it 'til then", I just buy the ones that look cool. Right at the moment I'm having a self-imposed moratorium on kit-buying to try and reduce the number of unbuilt kits I have lying around... but still the other day I bought a FSS resin kit 'cause it was available cheaper (eBay auction) than I'd normally be able to get hold of it, a couple of weeks ago I snuck a MaK kit into a HLJ tools/supplies order 'cause I'd heard rumours they were going to stop making them, and even though it's just rumours I don't want to be caught out... and I know I'll build it eventually.

I really think that you deal with two types of people when you see huge collections of kits like these... the collector type who buys them because he thinks that they'll increase in value over time (and is less likely to hang out on the modelling forums of MW ;-), and the low-willpower type like me who buys them because he thinks he'll actually have time to build them someday.

I "think" I will have time someday... but its also because I missed out on certain kits in my youth, either I wasn't around or too poor to buy it, that I've always regretted it. Now, if I have the means, I'll buy even if I don't have the time right now - thinking I may have the time later, or when I retire. When I have the time, these kits may not be so readily available anymore. It gives me a nice feeling to know "I have it" it prevents me from obsessing over it. I don't collect to see them raise in value - my macross collection is too important to me to ever sell, it represents a good part of my childhood and my best friend (who is dead now - I have inherited his collection, which means I have double originals of everything now, but would never sell them - they mean too much to me). Although, my justification to my wife is that its a good investment :p but I think I've come to realize that I won't ever really sell any of it. Its just so nice to have something from your childhood not be forgotten, infact, how many things from the 80s are seeing companies invest in new toys or models 20 yrs later!

One of the reason I buy kits, even when I don't have time to build them, is that having the kit makes me feel that the fantasy is just a little true...

Especially when they are still clean and pristine, on their sprues. A fresh kit in the box feels FANTASTIC because, somehow in my mind, I think that this kit might be the one that I build PERFECTLY... so perfect it might as well be real!

I almost think building perfect models is an attempt at recapturing the joy of child hood toys, where a wooden block with wheels on the side seemed like the real thing...

So can someone tell me WHY you all feel the need to have so many unbuilt model kits?  I get the feeling that most of you NEVER plan to actually build these kits!

343630[/snapback]

I have about 50 unbuilt kits and I plan on building them all. Don't buy one unless I plan on building it.

I figure as long as I have models to build God won't let me die.

343630[/snapback]

I have about 50 unbuilt kits and I plan on building them all. Don't buy one unless I plan on building it.

343721[/snapback]

Maybe, you're already dead, and God is torturing you with unbuilt kits. :ph34r:

343630[/snapback]

343721[/snapback]

Maybe, you're already dead, and God is torturing you with unbuilt kits. :ph34r:

343723[/snapback]

Nooooooooooooo*gasp, pant*ooooooooooooooo