Lets see the latest ver. of your model collecti

Grayson72

Yeah, that picture about sums it up too! Now in days, stores don't stock items like they used to. They keep smaller quantities on hand so they have smaller investments. I bought out a comic books store's supply of 1/100th Regaults, 1/200th "Testors" kits, and several 1/72nd Mospeada kits about 15 years ago. He bought too many, couldn't sell them, and had to slash prices! Worked out great for me though! ;)

As to why collect so many kits... My excuse is the 6 foot Daedalus model I'm building. I gotta have something to put in it! Plus, you can always sell off or barter for a kit you could really use! I kinda go with "scale themes" so it's easy to find accessories for them. Like getting ground support equipment or support aircraft.

Having a model kit is having a part something "cool." Whether you like a show, or the shape of an actual aircraft. I attended an airshow in honor of the RAF Spitfire's 60th anniversary (that was awesome). I bought a Hasegawa Spitfire (best I could think of) and got several veteran pilots (yes, they were very old) to sign the box with their squadron designations. I also kept the ticket stub with the date and all. Now I have a piece of history and memories of a awesome day out! How's that for "deep" and psychological?

Spat,

That's a really nice cabinet, lotsa display room.

343555[/snapback]

That's the mighty Detolf. Comes from Ikea and is quite affordable (40 Euros here). Looks even better if you invest some time and paint the fake wood white.

-i-

344461[/snapback]

But then it wouldn't really match the other furtniture now would it. :(

I want a longer display case to go in the middle and put the Valkyries there, along with some other stuff....

• 2 weeks later...