Macross Books

Penguin

20 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I don't have 1 through 3 so that can't be true.  Unless the other Sortie books are also in English.

Most Japanese Macross books are not in English, which I am sure you already know....the Sorties books definitely would qualify as the type of Japanese Macross books that hardly need any understanding of Japanese to thoroughly enjoy the art and not feel you are missing out....most of the text in the books can easily be translated via Google Translate

I would say the MasterFiles books, for example, have way more you lose out on by not being able to read Japanese, sure you can use Google Translate, but there is just so much to translate vs the Sorties books....and due to the subject matter in the MF books, Google seems to struggle more with them...

Anyway, the 2nd Udon Tenjin book was announced months ago....but it's not like the toys that have constant chatter about them once announced...I can see how you would have easily missed the announcement

Considering HG's continued blockade of all things SDFM/DYRL from Japan...this sounds like a great addition to anyone who has picked up the latest Udon Tenjin "Artistry of" Macross books...note how it is titled "Artistry of the First Macross"....lol

I'll definitely be picking this up as soon as the PO drops....

17 minutes ago, Shawn said:

looks like a consolidation of everything he's done for tv and dyrl only to celebrate the 40th

if one already had all his previous books will there be something new?

if it had all his latest HMR it would be nice

Ah that would make sense. If so, looks like there will be an edition in B4. Tempted. 

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Considering HG's continued blockade of all things SDFM/DYRL from Japan...this sounds like a great addition to anyone who has picked up the latest Udon Tenjin "Artistry of" Macross books...note how it is titled "Artistry of the First Macross"....lol

I'll definitely be picking this up as soon as the PO drops....

Which version b4/a4 would you be interested in?

On 8/16/2023 at 6:54 AM, jvmacross said:

New R-Area Macross doujin is out...thought they had stopped releasing these...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1236036177&ref=list&keyword=Macross&lang=en

05000372560.jpg

05000372561.jpg

05000372562.jpg

05000372563.jpg

05000372564.jpg

05000372565.jpg

They have been releasing issues on a regular basis, but they are not always Macross related. They have also done motorcycle dojin recently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...