Macross Books

Penguin

Thank you for posting the comparison pics vs Chronicle. I totally agree this would have been a great opportunity for a pull out type option for the larger items.
Not sure if its the camera or angles, but the book does seem to be a little brighter/vibrant with the colors.

I don't see english captions as we've seen with other recent books, even those meant for the Japan home market.

Are there any pages with any text or stories on the creation of the items?

19 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Thank you for posting the comparison pics vs Chronicle. I totally agree this would have been a great opportunity for a pull out type option for the larger items.
Not sure if its the camera or angles, but the book does seem to be a little brighter/vibrant with the colors.

I don't see english captions as we've seen with other recent books, even those meant for the Japan home market.

Yes, like the recent boxart book, the illustrations in this new Tenjin book are probably closer to the original sources...with color corrections, etc. when compared to the Macross Chronicle versions....

C'mon!  This is SDFM/DYRL...so, of course, no one outside of Japan cares about it...at least as far as "BIC WEST" is concerned...:p

I am sure there are plenty of details on the illustrations but I have no gotten that far yet with google translate....

Edited by jvmacross

Got my package today and....
WTH Amazon JP!?

They've always used the secure plastic wrap mounted to the carboard and dropping it in the box

I opened and was happy to see some paper padding for the top, but then I open and see 3 loose books in a huge box
I've seen worse posted here before, so how much can I complain about Obi and outside cover and corner damage, but at $240 shipped, I feel this is not acceptable from a company like this.

I'll definitely be looking at alternatives in a future release.

image.png.40b31dfe328241d322f4fa818b4660a6.png

image.png.402627439c1e1b03f13618daff6da9e2.png

16 minutes ago, Shawn said:

WTH Amazon JP!?

They've always used the secure plastic wrap mounted to the carboard and dropping it in the box

I opened and was happy to see some paper padding for the top, but then I open and see 3 loose books in a huge box
I've seen worse posted here before, so how much can I complain about Obi and outside cover and corner damage, but at $240 shipped, I feel this is not acceptable from a company like this.

image.png.40b31dfe328241d322f4fa818b4660a6.png

image.png.402627439c1e1b03f13618daff6da9e2.png

That's considered "damaged", imho.

You need to contact them via email right away about it.   Add the photos, too.

Consider the options they give you when they reply back after seeing/acknowleding the items as damaged.

On 11/3/2023 at 11:23 AM, Shawn said:

Yes, there most certainly are. 🙂

Internal text translated (where applicable) by Creative Sphere.  
Also, there’s a QR code on the back page that links to a translation of the full version of the interior interview, done by Renato. 

Aside from my shipping weirdness, the book is a great addition to the library!

The pictures are vibrant and the book is LARGE. There are quite a few textual interesting additions to the book (in english!) that were a pleasant surprise.
Highly recommend getting it even if you have some other volumes, the newer art is amazing (Hase/Himetal)

I found the QR code link in the back and it was a great article, thank you!

I also see the SpeakerPodCast Team is in the credits too, so cool  :)

It was also an awesome throwback to see the mention of Tenjin's old "Valkyrie Maniax" website!

image.png.9d8ee0b080f3a13f86800c9fea47656b.png

22 hours ago, Shawn said:

WTH Amazon JP!?

I didn't even get a box.  It was literally a bag.  CDJ sounds like the way to go

In other news, I know it was done for Zero first but the SDF-1 makes this the better picture.

20231103_125225.jpg.8ecf54f13be860bc1b0eb21d90b3920e.jpg

21 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Dang it...I temporarily forgot the cardinal rule of Macross Collecting

There are ALWAYS Variants.

LOL...

The entire Macross Merchandising Machine is based on variants....starting with the VF-1...

...and now they are forcing us into buying Deculture'd book variants! :(

Incidentally, it's not even the first time book variants have been a thing....goes back to the This is Animation series with the re-issues containing different content...

Most recently I recall the Zentran Edition of the VFMF's....I drew the line on those! :nea:

I am not a fan of variants...

I do feel a bit better knowing we are not the only ones who had horrible shipping experience with this book-

these are from amazon japan, translated to english...sounds exactly like what we had, except we had an overseas element as well

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/天神英貴/product-reviews/4334101119/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

image.png.33aceb34ba2236cfb5e77c6cafcbeca4.png

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Good to know AJ tried to make it right....maybe use the savings to try and get a mint copy

My second copy didn't really have any major damage so I'll transfer the savings to the next book or figure.  I specifically told the person to ship everything in boxes from now on.  Not sure if they will follow through but I might just shop less at Amazon JP.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

My second copy didn't really have any major damage so I'll transfer the savings to the next book or figure.  I specifically told the person to ship everything in boxes from now on.  Not sure if they will follow through but I might just shop less at Amazon JP.

Amazon.jp is still flawless on shipping for me...I prefer them for their speed in delivery