in SDFM Tv series....

Lethalzero

In SDFM Tv series, ARMD I and ARMD II supposedly would dock to macross at a rendezvous point. This was however did not occur because they ambushed ARMD II and I was destroyed.

Lets say the ambush didn’t happen… what would SDF-1 look like?

Oh come on...you know what the Macross looks like. You know what the ARMDs look like...it doesn't take much imagination to imagine them attached to each other...

well armd I and II are flashy alright but, it really doesnt look like a robot arm

Well, that's because the original plan is to have both ARMD docked to boost SDF-1 valk carrying capacity, not for them to perform pin-point barrier punch :lol:

Beside, the storm attacker mode is configured such way so the main gun could connect with the main engine in place the missing fold drive, the "arm" are just an extra addition. ^_^

i wish some in the fan art section would do linearts :wub: ...

it is a bit hard to imagine :wacko:

hint: SDF-2 Megaroad before it was converted into a colony ship.

I believe Mr.March M3 have the pic of it.

Edited by Morpheus

and a few makeshift shops latter...

post-4286-1233906363_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1233906385_thumb.jpg

it's amazing how utterly different the DYRL? and SDF:M Macross' are.

also, when you look closely at the SDF-2, even when it was still the Megaloard and not megaroad-01, I don't think it could transform. it doesn't look like it was designed to transform really.

also, when you look closely at the SDF-2, even when it was still the Megaloard and not megaroad-01, I don't think it could transform. it doesn't look like it was designed to transform really.

Most likely. Since the transformation of the Macross was an "on the fly" engineering feat. Subsequent Macross class warships were built with the capability though.

Very nicely done anime52k8. I'm impressed. I'll have to save these and add them to the site.

Aesthetically-

You'd think that, if mounting the ARMDs was the plan all along, they would have been painted the same color. Looks pretty decent, though. I'll bet the top schematic view would look cleaner than the asymmetrical carriers.

* Ah, what the hell. Different resolutions on the pictures, but here's the dorsal.

post-2681-1233960866_thumb.gif

Edited by Kelsain

Aesthetically-

You'd think that, if mounting the ARMDs was the plan all along, they would have been painted the same color. Looks pretty decent, though. I'll bet the top schematic view would look cleaner than the asymmetrical carriers.

* Ah, what the hell. Different resolutions on the pictures, but here's the dorsal.

They were IIRC. The ones attached in the pics are the DYRL ones...

DYRL

armd-dyrl.gif

SDFM

armd.gif

Notice the SDFM version has blue and white paint while the DYRL is mostly grey.

I know it's off topic, but I have to ask....

Am I the only person who clicked on this topic title half expecting some sort of bizarre Russian reversal joke? :)

No. I did too. I thought it was going to be a joke a tread like the (If I remember correctly) "Only in Macross" thread.

Well, that's because the original plan is to have both ARMD docked to boost SDF-1 valk carrying capacity, not for them to perform pin-point barrier punch :lol:

Beside, the storm attacker mode is configured such way so the main gun could connect with the main engine in place the missing fold drive, the "arm" are just an extra addition. ^_^

Yes, as most everyone here knows. The SDF-1 was not originally intended to transform. It was only done out of necessity during their journey back to earth. The fact that the Daedalus and Prometheus look like claws is coincidental due to the ship designs which were primarily intended for sea duty.

In Macross, hot alien chick marries YOU!!

In Macross, pineapple kills YOU!!

In Macross, song sings YOU!!

And I can't find my motivational poster with another one... I'll edit it in later, I guess...

Moving on,

Somehow I got an idea of 'lets attach random things' to SDF-1 arms and see what came out. My favourite would be Yamato and Arcadia as the arm section.

Well...

post-9357-1234143592_thumb.png

It's a little half-assed, but...

Which is a riot. Followed by it sending out a horde of turd-like destroids. Which is a genuine ROFLMAO moment.
I've only seen the SRWAlpha Dreamcast version of the ARMD attack, which was a simple mechaslap.

It has it's own moments of hilarity, though.

The DC version's camera had some issues with horrible size mismatches. So you'd get a closeup of the Macross' "foot" before the attack began. Then you'd see the ARMD come down and slap some poor fool silly.

In Macross, hot alien chick marries YOU!!

In Macross, pineapple kills YOU!!

In Macross, song sings YOU!!

And I can't find my motivational poster with another one... I'll edit it in later, I guess...

Moving on,

Well...

post-9357-1234143592_thumb.png

It's a little half-assed, but...

Now I'm thinking someone should create a picture of the SDF-1 with some sort of laser ax as an arm. That would be cool if we could see it slicing into an enemy ship.

Now I'm thinking someone should create a picture of the SDF-1 with some sort of laser ax as an arm. That would be cool if we could see it slicing into an enemy ship.

Then that would be an SDF-1/Optimus Prime hybrid. how long before Bay catches wind of it and adds SDF-1 into Transformers 3? (he did say that he wanted to make an aircraft carrier-type transformer. that's just a few more steps away from space battleship. yikes.)

what would be really cool would be 2 macross quarters, in attack mode, attached to the SDF-1 in place of the ARMD's.

As I said in another thread,

Transformers, more than meets the eye!

Transformers, Robots in Disguise!

Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of... THE DECEPTICONS!

Then that would be an SDF-1/Optimus Prime hybrid. how long before Bay catches wind of it and adds SDF-1 into Transformers 3? (he did say that he wanted to make an aircraft carrier-type transformer. that's just a few more steps away from space battleship. yikes.)

TIDAL WAVE CRUSH!

what would be really cool would be 2 macross quarters, in attack mode, attached to the SDF-1 in place of the ARMD's.

That would work. They're about the same size, right? :lol: