1/48 GBP-1S Set

Vostok 7

• 3 weeks later...
I just recently bought the VF-1J Stealth. Now this pic is making me want the GBP armor to go with it too. Hmm... I guess this "gotta get that too" disease is contagious.

Here's my Stealth in Urban GBP by Kurt.

GEDC0005-2.jpg

I saw the grey/green/black combo he did and kept seeing it as a city version, and it turned out even better than I had pictured it.

???? :blink:

:wacko:

Exactly!!!

LOL the fighter mode pic is awesome.

Thanks!

Bondage Millia! :lol:

I wish I had thought of that! Good on you!

Nice pic. "The Cockpit and the Codpiece"

Clockwork Red.

GBP's are awesome especially if you have a squad of them.. +3 that's not included in the picture =)

DSC03507.jpg

Now that is just pure insanity!!!!

You and I have the same amount of GBP-1S. Wanna form a battalion? :p

How many is in a battalion? That was my old pic a few months back i think, and its missing the low viz squad. They finally return from their mission. Here is a newer pic, but I was having a hard time fitting them all on my small kotatsu version of a table 085_.gif

S5301197.jpg

If you go by the standard infantry definition your looking at about about 500-1400?? personnel. If you go by the Battletech definition or tank definition (which isn't used anymore I believe, switching to battlegroups which is a mixture of mech/infantry) then you are looking at something like 12 to make a company and 36-48 to make a battalion.

You could form a Squadron which is about 12-24 Aircraft. 3 of these would make and Air Regiment/Wing.

Either way that's a crap load of valks with armor you have already. :) You definitely have a company anyways.

Edited by logos

How many is in a battalion? That was my old pic a few months back i think, and its missing the low viz squad. They finally return from their mission. Here is a newer pic, but I was having a hard time fitting them all on my small kotatsu version of a table 085_.gif

S5301197.jpg

That's at least a cool $1K worth of Valks. Very nice collection. And yeah, a single Valk will never be as impressive as a whole squadron on display such as yours.

I wonder which Macross fan will do the same for the upcoming 1/2000 SDF-1? :blink:

That's at least a cool $1K worth of Valks. Very nice collection. And yeah, a single Valk will never be as impressive as a whole squadron on display such as yours.

$1k? You are quite underestimating the power of the mighty Yamato! :lol: That won't even be enough to get just the armors (even if its on discount).

Those group pics are truly a marvel to be seen. I am a proud owner of a regular 1/48 GBP, a Urban Camo, and a Takatoku 1/55 GBP. But thats about it. Got to say a GBP VF-1 is still my favorite variant of all valks.

I wonder which Macross fan will do the same for the upcoming 1/2000 SDF-1? :blink:

This pic is worth more than one-thousand dollars. Just the combined cost of the 1/48 Thunder Hummer and the LV.1 with the VF-1S head is an easy 1K.

There's two low viz's in there... sorry for the crappy positioning. I didn't have a lot of room to work with. But hopefully tomorrow when i have time i can move things around and perhaps take better pics of the graduating class..

Not really a request, but a suggestion. If you have a black backdrop, with some decent lighting, someone or myself can do some quick photoshop clean up to get a real badass wallpaper out of this, titled "The Taste of GBP!" or something of the sort, having all missiles pointing towards the viewer. Haha. :lol:

Seriously Kicker, you're collection of GBP's is one thing, but the two customs on the bottom right, very nice.

/Thunder Hammer goes without saying

Thank you, thank you, 85b7147e.gif If anybody wants to sell me their custom to give a good home lmk and I"ll take good care of it and protect it with mah kwang foo icon002.gif

Thank you, thank you, 85b7147e.gif If anybody wants to sell me their custom to give a good home lmk and I"ll take good care of it and protect it with mah kwang foo icon002.gif

hmmmm, methinks you got the shiznit collection now already!! ;)

I called it out earlier, but I was hoping you'd post some more shots of your custom armors. I've never seen anyone do a matching stealth set and I would love to see some detail shots!!

• 2 weeks later...
Question is the 1/48 GBP-1S armor compatible on a 1/60 VF-1S v2?

I just bought the 1/60 armor to fit in on the VF-1S v2 but later found out that its not compatible with it. :angry:

Wasted my money. <_<

Like to sell it off. Anybody interested?

No it is not compatible with the 1/48, also the 1/60 armor version 1 (I'm assuming which is the one you got does not fit with the V2 valks.. perhaps if yamato will release a new GBP version, then maybe) The version one GBP no offense was hideous but the proportions were almost right for the 1/60 scale.