Thank you to Forum Members-Overdrive

nugundamII

Speaking of overdrive, has anyone been having problems accessing the website lately? I've been having problems since trying yesterday and I am getting an "Address not found" error.

same here bro.. and i thought it was just me and my ISP.. hope it'll be up soon

Just checked and the site is loading fine, but then again I'm just a stones through from their office.

You are welcome, I knew Over-Drive would find a good home here. When I first met with them none of them believed me that people actually buy Macross and other niche anime show merchandise outside of Japan. They have seen the light!

Just checked and the site is loading fine, but then again I'm just a stones through from their office.

You are welcome, I knew Over-Drive would find a good home here. When I first met with them none of them believed me that people actually buy Macross and other niche anime show merchandise outside of Japan. They have seen the light!

Well then a massive thank you to you Save for showing them the light!

Unlike Hobby link I have never had to pay duty when I order from Over-drive so they get Props for that. In Canada your talking at least 5%-10% added to the price (5% Government Sales Tax and 0-5% Provincial Sales Tax). So not have to pay that 10+% at the post office is extremely good even if they aren't always the cheaper alternative.

Save definitely deserves credit for introducing OverDrive to the MacrossWorld Community... and OverDrive deserves many thanks for sponsoring MacrossWorld Con 2008 and providing so many goodies for everyone who attended... =]

here's to looking forward on working together to make this year's con even better!

Cheers to you, Save. If Overdrive hadn't come along, I think I would have had to give up collecting Macross stuff. With the fall of the local US vendors and my loathing for Ebay, my only feasible choice was to buy directly from Japanese exporters like HLJ. Only with HLJ pre-orders, you never know how much you'll actually end up paying in the end when the item finally ships out which pretty much makes me stay away from them as well (and at the current rate things are going, I'd have been paying a lot more than the initial estimate).

So Overdrive has been my last refuge. Some people have recently brought up Angolz.com. I'd probably have to give them a try too sometime if Overdrive ever went down for some reason.

Cheers to you, Save. If Overdrive hadn't come along, I think I would have had to give up collecting Macross stuff. With the fall of the local US vendors and my loathing for Ebay, my only feasible choice was to buy directly from Japanese exporters like HLJ. Only with HLJ pre-orders, you never know how much you'll actually end up paying in the end when the item finally ships out which pretty much makes me stay away from them as well (and at the current rate things are going, I'd have been paying a lot more than the initial estimate).

So Overdrive has been my last refuge. Some people have recently brought up Angolz.com. I'd probably have to give them a try too sometime if Overdrive ever went down for some reason.

Of course, Angolz works from HK while Overdrive is from Japan. Overall I'd say that Overdrive is probably better for new releases/preorders!

Of course, Angolz works from HK while Overdrive is from Japan. Overall I'd say that Overdrive is probably better for new releases/preorders!

HLJ should learn from Overdrive. It takes days for my orders to get processed and shipped from HLJ. My orders from Overdrive arrive at my door step within four days minimum, six days maximum. I've heard good stuff about Angolz, but I havent ordered from them as of yet.

BBTS and HLJ used to be real good in prices and in shipping times. Used to be.. :unsure:

I don't know what it is about HLJ lately, not only are they taking longer to get things out the door, but it also takes longer in transit (it used to take about a week from when the item shipped out with SAL, not it's at least 3)

I don't know what it is about HLJ lately, not only are they taking longer to get things out the door, but it also takes longer in transit (it used to take about a week from when the item shipped out with SAL, not it's at least 3)

Just put an order on Wednesday and got a shipping reply on Friday. They may have been slow around Christmas and after the new year as they could be short staff and also were closed for a while.

SAL varies. I normally get my stuff about 2 weeks when I first ordered from HLJ a few years ago. Now it takes about 3 weeks at least. SAL is budget post where they will ship your goods should there be space on the plane. So it can vary greatly with time. I have heard people only getting their orders 1-2 months time.

Yeah, I really like over-drive too. Good prices and fast shipping. Only thing I don't like is having to pay for preorders upfront. I like being able to have the time to save the money for a particluar item but if you don't have the money when it goes up on preorder you could miss out on it.

Chris

Yeah, I really like over-drive too. Good prices and fast shipping. Only thing I don't like is having to pay for preorders upfront. I like being able to have the time to save the money for a particluar item but if you don't have the money when it goes up on preorder you could miss out on it.

Chris

Yep that's exactly what happened to me for my Luca and Michael :( Oh well it's not really their fault though, and their prices are better than anywhere else I've found.

I really, really wish Overdrive would offer SAL shipping. At least up to a certain value like HLJ does.

I big "I ACCEPT THE RISK" on the order form would protect Overdrive form any angry customer.

Really, EMS is nice and all but 4 out of 5 times I get stuff held at customs longer than it takes SAL to arrive... not to mention the extra fees the "friendly" workers there apply to my stuff.

I really, really wish Overdrive would offer SAL shipping. At least up to a certain value like HLJ does.

I big "I ACCEPT THE RISK" on the order form would protect Overdrive form any angry customer.

Really, EMS is nice and all but 4 out of 5 times I get stuff held at customs longer than it takes SAL to arrive... not to mention the extra fees the "friendly" workers there apply to my stuff.

My stuff gets held up at customs regardless of EMS or SAL... otoh I'm in london so maybe they are more thorough about it.

I really doubt customs hold your package so that it takes longer than 2 1/2 weeks to 3 or more. Sal is more of a "close your eyes" and hope you get it kinda deal.

NEVER have I had a problem with stuff shipped from Japan or China with SAL (and I'm talking about a LOT of crap :lol: ). And it arrives in two weeks like clockwork.

I've ordered from Overdrive before; they have great prices and great feedback. But the external extra added from the shipping plus the custom fees (that are more easily avoidable with SAL) sometimes make me think twice about ordering from them.

Well so far the shipping has been over 2 weeks and as you can see i live as far south east as you can in the United States. I'm hoping I get my orders tomorrow but i'm not holding my breath. Either way i guess different strokes for different folks.

Chris

it also sucks since it becomes a pain in the ass to cancel a pre-order if you change you're mind. I prefer using other sites for that reason, changing orders on HLJ is super easy.