The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

Boost gauge is pretty similar to my last car's---horizontal bar, colored red...

That style impresses "the masses" (aka passengers) far more---they have no idea what any given PSI number is, but they do like watching a bar fill up...

I need to replace my Gas cap on my 99 Buick Regal should I get one from GM or can any Generic Gas cap from a Auto parts store do?

Generic.

GM is good about standard sizes.

Generic.

GM is good about standard sizes.

So I can go to my local Auto parts store and get a cheep one and it wont be any problem.

I spent 38$ gust to be told I needed a new cap.

Thanks.

Edited by miles316

Anybody seen this yet?

Future Darwin Award recipient

How the hell do you not see that! And then proudly consents to a roadside interview...Bubba probably called all friends and family telling them, "I's on TV, ran o'er sum reeel big rocks dur!". Hopefully he will remember this lesson in rubbernecking vs. keeping your eyes on the road.

Dog's thinking, "somebody save me from this idiot, PLEASE!"

Beautiful design, reminds me of my car though. Not enough to call foul though. I would like it more if it had a gas engine only and a reasonable MSRP.

Porsche's latest concept is a hybrid supercar called the 918. Its mid-mounted V8 generates 500bhp, while its electric motor does 218 bhp. And with a curb weight of under 3,300 lbs., it goes from 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and can reach a top speed of 198 mph.

2010 Porsche 918 Spyder Concept

interesting concept, front end looks too much like a Ferrari though. Not very attractive at all.

It's more like a baby Carrera GT.

I think that was the idea... Every car will have to become smaller and lighter if we are to increase efficiency.

Novitec Rosso has taken Ferrari's sexiest car in the modern era (and that's saying a lot, if you look at the rest of Ferrari's current lineup) and added a few more horses. An added supercharger gives the Ferrari California's 4.3 liter V8 a power boost from 460 bhp to 606 bhp, resulting in a 0-60 acceleration of 3.8 seconds and a top speed of 202 mph. The performance package also includes custom wheels (21" front and 22" rear) and a subtle-looking body kit.

2010-Novitec-Rosso-Ferrari-California-Supercharged-Front-And-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2010-Novitec-Rosso-Ferrari-California-Supercharged-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2010-Novitec-Rosso-Ferrari-California-Supercharged-Rear-And-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2010-Novitec-Rosso-Ferrari-California-Supercharged-Engine-1920x1440.jpg

2010 Novitec Rosso Ferrari California Supercharged

Weird-looking off-roader, this is. Debuting at this year's SEMA Convention, Local Motors' Rally Fighter sports a design inspired by WWII fighter planes. It weighs 3,200 lbs. and is powered by a 3-liter BMW twin-turbo diesel that generates 265 bhp and 425 lb-ft. torque. This results in 36 mpg on the highway and 30 mpg off-road.

2010-Local-Motors-Rally-Fighter-Airplane-1920x1440.jpg

2010-Local-Motors-Rally-Fighter-Front-Open-Doors-1920x1440.jpg

2010-Local-Motors-Rally-Fighter-Handle-1920x1440.jpg

2010 Local Motors Rally Fighter

Official Site

Weird-looking off-roader, this is. Debuting at this year's SEMA Convention, Local Motors' Rally Fighter sports a design inspired by WWII fighter planes. It weighs 3,200 lbs. and is powered by a 3-liter BMW twin-turbo diesel that generates 265 bhp and 425 lb-ft. torque. This results in 36 mpg on the highway and 30 mpg off-road.

2010 Local Motors Rally Fighter

Official Site

is that Teddy Roosevelt and Pancho Villa on the doors? nice B))

Call me weird, but I'm really hoping that Nissan redesigns the Sentra for the 2011 model year. I really hate that boxy design of the current generation.

It's all Carlos Ghosn's fault. When he took majority control of Nissan, Renault's design team took over.

The official HP rating for the V6 Mustang is definitely a bit of oneupmanship on the part of Ford; that's 5 more than the V6 Camaro's official rating, isn't it? It can only be good for the consumer in the long run. These "new pony car wars" will result in better and better cars coming to market for buyers to choose from.

How receptive to forced-induction will this new production V6 be, I wonder?

Edited by reddsun1

Anybody here into car stereos? I need a little help. Back in the day I owned a Corvette that came with the factory Bose system. I hacked all that out and replaced it with all good after market equipment... that wasn't my intention at first but I quickly learned with Bose once you do one thing non-Bose you have to convert the whole stupid system.

I now drive an Audi A4 with the Bose system and recently, it appears, my amp gave up the ghost. I get audio only occasionally and it comes on and vanishes with a loud pop. The dealership told me it was the Head Unit, which I replaced, but the problem is still exactly the same so I'm pretty sure at this point its gotta be the amp. I'm not too bitter about getting a head unit I didn't need as I now have nav, bluetooth, and a USB port so that's all good. Anyway, I was told that on the 2002 and up Audi Symphony II cars the Bose wiring and speakers are compatible with after market equipment and that I can simply bypass the amp and run wires from my HU back to the Amp out and then splice into the wires there (or, get any old 4 or 5 channel amp and run wires into that and then splice the outs into the existing wiring). That sounds awesome... if it's true... but my old Corvette experience is making me doubt the validity of this claim. Is this true so long as I keep Bose speakers in the car and it's just replacing the speakers that requires me replacing the existing wiring? I'm definitely not savvy with car stereos so if anyone has been down this road let me know.

Update: Currently having the following installed:

Infinity Kappa Five channel amp

Boston Accoustics SC55 & SC50 speakers (components front, two ways back doors)

Boston Accoustics G12 sub.

If this doesn't fix my audio problem I'm going to burn the car. Of course, my real hope is that not only does it fix the problem but vastly improves the audio. Car is in the shop now (did the head unit install... was willing to pay someone after that pain) so I'm hoping for the best tomorrow.

Love that California. Next to the F-50 it's my favorite Ferrari...

If this doesn't fix my audio problem I'm going to burn the car. Of course, my real hope is that not only does it fix the problem but vastly improves the audio.

You know, being car people you'd think that we'd be satisfied just to hear the engines in our cars as we race into oblivion, but ever since the cd player in my T/A stopped working I refuse to drive it. I feel your pain and hope you resolve your stereo issues. I on the other hand am too broke to deal with it...

Edited by myk

I swear some people have no shame when it comes to the things they'll put on their vehicles. Today I saw a minivan with a miniature putting green on its hood. I wonder if the flag had a hole number on it or not. I just wish that I was able to take a picture of it.

That was probably Tiger Woods and his new ride, because you know Elin will take everything from him...

You know, being car people you'd think that we'd be satisfied just to hear the engines in our cars as we race into oblivion, but ever since the cd player in my T/A stopped working I refuse to drive it. I feel your pain and hope you resolve your stereo issues. I on the other hand am too broke to deal with it...

So... after having a functioning stereo for a moment, then having it all die again, the car was stripped and reconfigured (at no cost to me). The Infinity Kappa Five stayed (with new fuses). Turned out they installed the BA 65 & 60s at no extra charge which is cool, the G2 sub was replaced by a JL audio 12" (again, no extra charge). Audi now officially booms but I'm not out of the woods yet... this morning when I started the car I got some bad alternator music coming from the speakers for the first minutes the car was on... it vanished after I'd driven for about 3 minutes but I can just imagine this problem getting worse.

I heard that the 2011 Audi A4 is all new. Anyone familiar with the previous version got any feedback on the newest incarnation? Now that I've done all this stereo work I'm hoping my current car sticks around for a few years but I'm trying to keep tabs on the BMW/MB/AUDI entry-levels (or near entry level since there are now 1 series, A3s, and such).