The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

When I think of the innocents who have to share public roads with jackasses like this--people like my family and friends--it just makes me really angry:

Part of me thinks: a permanent vegetative state would be only too-good for this f'ing asshat. But the other part thinks: it's a goddamn shame and a disgrace that now, it'll probably be the taxpayers dollars that will have to pay people to feed, clean and care for this piece of sh*t for the rest of his natural life...

Ford resurrects an iconic name for the 2012 Mustang lineup. The Boss 302 uses an enhanced 5.0 liter V8 that produces 440 bhp and 380 lb-ft torque, while the rear drive is tuned to a 3.73 ratio with carbon fiber plates in the limited-slip differential. The stock suspension is replaced with adjustable units with five settings for optimum handling. Complementing the new suspension and Brembo brakes are 19" alloys and 9" (9.5" in the rear) wide Pirelli P-Zero tires. In addition, the Boss is fitted with a subtle, yet aggressive body kit. All of this enables the Boss to reach a top speed of 155 mph.

A limited edition called the Laguna Seca is also available. This variant has the rear seat removed and the suspension and body kit upgraded to those used in the track-only Boss 302R.

2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Front-Angle-Top-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Side-Speed-Top-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Wheel-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Steering-Wheel-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Gear-Shift-1920x1440.jpg

(Images changed and quote-protected because Wanzerfan is a dumbass.)

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302

Edited by areaseven

I still rather have the M3.

Well you say that, because its twice as expensive. nicer interior and all that stuff, but the M3 is (now) a pig of a car. Its just a muscle car like a camaro or a mustang. Heavy and dull. The M3 used to be light and fast/great handling because of its lightness. I don't understand how BMW got to where they are now.

That video shows that Ford has made HUGE improvments, and BMW has just transfered into the muscle car business, instead of the performance car business.

ADD IN:

Before my Lotus, I had an M3 (1999). Light and fun. That was the last year they made a light and fun car. Drove that car into the ground. Got it with 800 miles on it and put 280k on it. Then sold it for $11k LOL.

Edited by Agent ONE

Well you say that, because its twice as expensive. nicer interior and all that stuff, but the M3 is (now) a pig of a car. Its just a muscle car like a camaro or a mustang. Heavy and dull. The M3 used to be light and fast/great handling because of its lightness. I don't understand how BMW got to where they are now.

That video shows that Ford has made HUGE improvments, and BMW has just transfered into the muscle car business, instead of the performance car business.

well I don't know about all that but I'd still rather have the BMW.

I could care less how a car actually performs, I just think the M3 looks nicer (and it has the nicer interior and all that stuff)

actually TBH I'd rather have a 328i sadan, I like the head and tail lights on the sedan a lot better than the coupe

Edited by anime52k8

ADD IN:

Before my Lotus, I had an M3 (1999). Light and fun. That was the last year they made a light and fun car. Drove that car into the ground. Got it with 800 miles on it and put 280k on it. Then sold it for $11k LOL.

All cars have gotten fat and heavy over the years. Just like Americans. lol

Pardon my ignorance regarding the Mustang (particularly this 5th gen) but what's so special about the Boss 302? I mean in comparison to the GT and GT500 models (considering it falls somewhere in between in terms of horsepower)... or is that the idea?

Don't quote me on this, but I think 1970 was the last year of the Boss 302. They had a boss 428 and Boss 351 but not the 302. 71-73 was the last years of the Boss 351's. I'll have to double check one of my pony books. I really wish they would come out with a big block, but one can dream. The Boss is one of the most craved car's from the Mustang lineup. The Shelbys, and Mach 1's had replaced it as Ford's production

performance Stang.

Pardon my ignorance regarding the Mustang (particularly this 5th gen) but what's so special about the Boss 302? I mean in comparison to the GT and GT500 models (considering it falls somewhere in between in terms of horsepower)... or is that the idea?

Yup, Ford is pretty much capitalizing on brand recognition, as the original Boss 302's are considered by many the "purest" and most successful of the high-perf Mustangs. The Bud Moore Trans Am cars are perhaps the most iconic and recognizable of the breed, in their familiar "school bus yellow" paint schemes. The most successful racing Mustang ever was an original Boss T/A car driven down under by Aussie racer Allan Moffat...101 wins out of 151 starts over 5 or so years.

Holy shite, they're really calling this thing De Macross?!?

LOL, I thought those looked like table legs or something in the background. 's a godda*n toy! Note to startup supercar manufacturers: If you want people to take your proposition for a new exotic seriously, you might want to take your initial PR photos someplace OTHER than in the kitchen floor! <_<

Okay--now somebody has GOT to do a 'chop, with "001" stripes, a black/yellow crest (on the hood maybe?), and skulls-and-bones. Let the Photoshopping begin!! :p

Edited by reddsun1

Holy shite, they're really calling this thing De Macross?!?

LOL, I thought those looked like table legs or something in the background. 's a godda*n toy! Note to startup supercar manufacturers: If you want people to take your proposition for a new exotic seriously, you might want to take your initial PR photos someplace OTHER than in the kitchen floor! <_<

Okay--now somebody has GOT to do a 'chop, with "001" stripes, a black/yellow crest (on the hood maybe?), and skulls-and-bones. Let the Photoshopping begin!! :p

The company is called De Macross.

Ferrari recalls 458

What is it with Ferraris and Lamborghinis :blink: ...Porche, Aston and Maserati manage to build great cars that don't spontaneously combust.

High performance = high temperature. Why do they make you have a fire pull (or a fire extinguisher) in the car to go on a track?

Yet another car company joins the 4-door coupe bandwagon; only this time, it's from the Far East. Mazda unveiled their new Shinari Concept to celebrate the company's 50th anniversary.

2010 Mazda Shinari Concept

Feh. 4-door coupe. Rubbish. Like the Chiken Little fable though--if you repeat it enough times, the sheeple will accept it en masse.

Damn Mazda6, with a stretched nose, is what that is. Don't get me wrong--the nose job was a success; not a bad looking car, in spite of the "squinting" fascia.

The Boss is mostly for those wanting a more sharper Mustang to take to road courses so it will be a be more focus on that aspect. Not sure about the other two more limited versions of the 302 called the Boss laguna Seca and the 302r (race only version).

I'm looking forward to the next Mustang coming out in 2014. I miss my old 2003 Cobra not to get another Mustang.

Edited by rifleguy

OT/unimportant, but I actually sat in a Camaro for more than 30 secs for the first time today. (Jewel red 2011 SS if anybody cares).

Hated the interior. Couldn't believe it's a zeta platform, since I like the G8's interior *so* much more. Car is NOT designed for people 6ft+. The roof line to the side is at eye-level, I could only view downwards. Didn't like center console/gauge area at all. Main gauges very visible, lots of thigh/leg room under the steering wheel (which is often an issue, as tall people usually tilt the "butt" part of the seat down, which raises the thigh part). Didn't like the steering wheel itself, it's very "flat" in cross-section which felt kind of awkwards to grip---every other steering wheel ever is much more round. It's ok if you drive at like 11 and 1 or 7 and 5, but the whole center section is weird.

Definitely not ever going to buy one. Maybe a Challenger... (still hoping for the Commodore SS-V to come over again, maybe as a 2013 Impala or something)

OT/unimportant, but I actually sat in a Camaro for more than 30 secs for the first time today. (Jewel red 2011 SS if anybody cares).

Hated the interior. Couldn't believe it's a zeta platform, since I like the G8's interior *so* much more. Car is NOT designed for people 6ft+. The roof line to the side is at eye-level, I could only view downwards. Didn't like center console/gauge area at all. Main gauges very visible, lots of thigh/leg room under the steering wheel (which is often an issue, as tall people usually tilt the "butt" part of the seat down, which raises the thigh part). Didn't like the steering wheel itself, it's very "flat" in cross-section which felt kind of awkwards to grip---every other steering wheel ever is much more round. It's ok if you drive at like 11 and 1 or 7 and 5, but the whole center section is weird.

Definitely not ever going to buy one. Maybe a Challenger... (still hoping for the Commodore SS-V to come over again, maybe as a 2013 Impala or something)

There was a real sharp black Challenger at the Dodge Dealership a few minutes from my home. Its a large car and comes with a rather steep pricetag but it is good looking, sounds good and just cries out for a set of deepdish rims.

How do you make the quickest thing on four wheels quicker? Drop in a V8 - that's what Ariel has done with the latest version of the Atom.

That's right - this Atom is powered by a naturally aspirated 3 liter V8 that generates 475 bhp and 268 lb-ft torque. At the same time, it only weighs 1,213 lbs. As a result, it can do 0-60 in "under" 2.3 seconds and a top speed of 170 mph.

Only 25 of these will be built at US$193,506 each.

2011-Ariel-Atom-V8-Turn-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Ariel-Atom-V8-Front-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Ariel-Atom-V8-Engine-1920x1440.jpg

(Images quote-protected because Wanzerfan is a dumbass.)

2011 Ariel Atom V8

Edited by areaseven

It's not as bad as Acura's new front-end designs.

Well...yeah. The recent Acura designs are not eye pleasing. If it is a futuristic sharp design that they are going after, then they are doing it wrong.