Custom "Squad Vermillon" with VF-1 V.2

nylcbv

Yeah those are the new 1/60 scale VF-1's. Cool job though, just missing the VF-1J to make it a true Vermillion Squad, since there was no more Vermillion unit once Hikaru became Skull Leader :p

Still though good job overall, I don't have the balls to do that to 150 dollar toys, espically two of them.

• 2 weeks later...
if you dare to say Ben Dixon, Max Sterling or...OMG!!Rick Hunter, horrible things will happen to you. You'll have to customize VF-1s for every member of the forum to break the curse brought by the Macross Gods.

WHAT? :blink:

The curse of the Macross Gods is always on me?

Nevertheless I made a "mea culpa" and I sacrificed one of my dogs to calm their anger! :D

1b88864080f343cb4276310f15268e8520090104173902.jpg

Joked enough, but I learn to become a true fan. I am a novice in my collection of VF (only 1 year when I collect toys Macross) but I like the world of Macross since I saw the series in 1985. Please, have a little of indulgence to a fan who does not still know all the subtleties... :rolleyes:

I'm planning to order some flexi-stands. What sizes did you use here, is it 2.5" or 4"?

The size of my flexi-displays, is 2.5''... I find that it is a good size for 1/60... ;)

WHAT? :blink:

The curse of the Macross Gods is always on me?

Nevertheless I made a "mea culpa" and I sacrificed one of my dogs to calm their anger! :D

1b88864080f343cb4276310f15268e8520090104173902.jpg

Joked enough, but I learn to become a true fan. I am a novice in my collection of VF (only 1 year when I collect toys Macross) but I like the world of Macross since I saw the series in 1985. Please, have a little of indulgence to a fan who does not still know all the subtleties... :rolleyes:

The size of my flexi-displays, is 2.5''... I find that it is a good size for 1/60... ;)

The Macross Gods say they are not pleased. Your sacrifice of a small dog is not accepted. You must... Sacrifice your camera's memory space with pictures of more customs. :D

The Macross Gods say they are not pleased. Your sacrifice of a small dog is not accepted. You must... Sacrifice your camera's memory space with pictures of more customs. :D

WOW! GREAT customs mate! I could do without the weathering.....but, that's just my opinion...it does not matter. Also...Cute Dags!

Great looking customs. Were you able to buy those flexi-displays somewhere in Europe? I'm planning to buy a few but ordering them in from the States might get a tad expensive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My girlfriend keeps telling me I shouldn't get so excited over "toy robot photos", but I can't help it. Those are beautiful.

MORE PHOTOS with varied lighting!

remind her of this fact the next time she see's a new pair of shoes in the store window .... lmao

• 1 month later...
Here's my VF-1A Milia "TV version"... B))

I know that it has never existed but I like this custom :p ...It is maybe an old VF-1A by waiting for her new "Milia"VF-1J :D

I'm not much into weathering. But that is one awesome custom mate!

I like the VF-1A's. I can understand the logic behind painting one red. What the big deal? It isn't like there was a shortage of the brown ones, right?

I am generally not a fan of poor weathering jobs. Yours look good, but do the heat shields look too white to anyone else?

But the plane number bothers me. Didn't Kakikazi have VF-013, a green trim VF-1A?

Also, I have some foam "rocks" if you do want to do the asteroid thing. LMK

Edited by Octane