Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Hopefully my 25-Alto will be on its way soon, just received order confirmation from HLJ (they were low stock when I ordered) :).

Now um... regarding the super parts, is Overdrive still willing to take orders for them? I sent them a note, but thought I'd check here first. I'll fall back to TH if they're not. Edit: I apologize about the reputation question lol .

Edited by Ghost Train

I started figure shopping/browsing locally about last year, but its a real pain to get around town getting to the shops. Especially since I live in West Van, and most shops are in Richmond. Regardless, here are a few places:

Sakura Media in Richmond Center: Has the largest collection of 1/60 Yamato Toys I've seen in a single shop. Also has some trashy 1/100 Toynamis. Also has a few VF-1 variants, but not so many.

Soul of Anime in Rich. Center: Has a single VF-1 Low Vis, but mostly stocks up on Revoltech stuff. You'll find just about any Macross Revoltech there.

Ultra Action Toys (Pacific Plaza): Has a lot of preorders, and I believe I saw the VF-25s on preorder here back before it was out. I think you can still get them to ship it in for pickup now.

JHobby (Union Square): Has a lot of old stuff. I found a SDF-1 and some GNUs there too. Also a bunch of assorted model kits (YF-21 and so on)

Sakura Media in Metrotown: Has some revoltechs, and has quite a few 1/55 VF-1s I think.

Crystal Mall: there are 3 different shops that sell relevant stuff in Crystal Mall (all on second floor) but I dont remember their names. Just walk around, you can't really miss it. Most of them carry only Bandai VFs though.

Ultra Action Toys and Soul of Anime are the same owners. So if you order at either place that'll work.

Only info i have received is that they were supposed to get a shipment in soon but it wasn't in this latest shipment.

Ultra Action Toys and Soul of Anime are the same owners. So if you order at either place that'll work.

Only info i have received is that they were supposed to get a shipment in soon but it wasn't in this latest shipment.

I guess I'll have to pay Ultra Action a visit one of these days. I haven't shopped from them for years (since the rise of the $CDN = Online Retailers for me) but I remembered that their prices were pretty reasonable.

Saw the 2 DX figures in person today (albeit in a very poorly lit display) and they do look much better than in photos. The glossy plastic parts look alright and not as cheap looking as in most photos I've seen.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on one's POV), they're still not nice enough to justify the ridiculously inflated prices the DXs are going for at the moment. That and the whole slew of perceived "flaws" of the figure's design (shopping cart landing gear, under-scaled glued in pilot etc.).

I wanted to ask, whats the general feeling here do you people think that Bandai is going to release the DX Alto package with the fast pack some time later on and/or DX Ozma wil the full armor? Cause I'll just have to be patient and just wait for them

VF-25F with super pack set as non-exclusive definitely won't be happening anytime soon since that would take away the exclusivity of the web shop super pack release. If Bandai does it then it would be quite some time away. I could, however see Bandai releasing a bundled set if say the upcoming movie edition of Frontier has VF-25s with a different appearance to their TV counterparts (i.e. SDF vs DYRL). Then there would be some difference between this and the web shop exclusive "TV" super pack.

As for the full armor for VF-25S (and VF-25F), it will likely be as a web shop exclusive but that's just speculation on my part since Bandai hasn't announced anything yet.

Edited by IXTL

I wanted to ask, whats the general feeling here do you people think that Bandai is going to release the DX Alto package with the fast pack some time later on and/or DX Ozma wil the full armor? Cause I'll just have to be patient and just wait for them

Personally I suspect the fast pack combo release to happen sometime this summer or fall (ie. during or after the release of the Frontier movie this summer).

As for full armor Ozma, that might be a long wait. There has yet to be any news of Bandai working it.

Edited by Vifam7

Personally I suspect the fast pack combo release to happen sometime this summer or fall (ie. during or after the release of the Frontier movie this summer).

I agree. The mark up on the grey market has been fast and furious on the DX line. Bandai would have to be asleep at the wheel not to capitalize.

I had my 1/60 Alto for a couple of days now. It took a while for me to transform it just right in all three modes. Hell, I just discovered it had a ball jointed waist lol. The instructions were so vague, tiny and black and white. Found a site with pictorial instructions, no need to understand kanji. Look here.

I'm just being patient and waiting for them.

VF-25F with super pack set as non-exclusive definitely won't be happening anytime soon since that would take away the exclusivity of the web shop super pack release.

Actually, I can see Bandai doing this if the set lacks a stand. That way the exclusivity isn't entirely cancelled out.

The set for VF-25 model kit is also release on March, not middle of 2009.

Maybe we will get any news after March.

I can't translate the text you gave earlier it is a bunch of non japanese symbols in my browser, neither katakana, kanji, or hirogana. Mid 2009 is summer, so hopefully a mass market DX bundle is surely set for release by then.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Anyone seen any English reviews for the VF-25? I am debating between a VF-25 and a VF-11B. I am leaning towards the VF-11B but the price....... :angry:

Edited by logos

I can't translate the text you gave earlier it is a bunch of non japanese symbols in my browser, neither katakana, kanji, or hirogana. Mid 2009 is summer, so hopefully a mass market DX bundle is surely set for release by then.

I can see all Japanese.

This is the website what I see

post-5527-1231354876_thumb.jpg[

almost sounds too good to be true. Have you bought from them? How reliable is it?

I say go for it now. $23 for EMS is a steal!! I havent bought from Angloz but collectiondx swears by them.

After watching episode 21 Im tempted to put the fast packs on the Macronized Klan klang/Klein PVC figure coming out in March lolz.

got a shipping notice for the two from overdrive. that price at angolz is a little higher but they offer regular airmail shipping. too bad all online sellers don't offer regular airmail shipping. i'd rather get the items a few days later than pay the higher cost of shipping.

got a shipping notice for the two from overdrive. that price at angolz is a little higher but they offer regular airmail shipping. too bad all online sellers don't offer regular airmail shipping. i'd rather get the items a few days later than pay the higher cost of shipping.

How much does overdrive charge for shipping?

almost sounds too good to be true. Have you bought from them? How reliable is it?

They are reliable and it only took 6 days to get my product here to the US on the east coast using EMS shipping, when I ordered something from them last month. Bear in mind this was during the holiday season, and my product was actually already in the states the day before I got it, just processing in New York. So on non holidays, they are probably quick. The price is good, that is the cheapest I have found the DX valkyries online so far, one of the only etailers that will sell it for that price and actually has it in stock.