Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

HLJ is processing my payment for Alto and Ozma (one way to make self completely broke until next pay!!) so hpefully will be able to get em within a week n half *getting ems, which considering its got a few other small items like encore trailbreaker, some plastic figures, was like 50USD or near about its not to bad*

if armour ever is available for a lot less they will be had, but not for the current prices its just too much me thinks!!

Yeah... I think my order was charged at 1 AUD/63 Yen or something with SAL. Came to a total of AUD 233 or so with another item. Not fun times to be shopping hence I cut my Ozma order; might cut off that SV-51 Nora Yammie too. Even with a sale of 40% it comes back to about full price before the plunge in exchange rate, so it's the same buying it now or when the rate is back up (which won't be for a very long time).

In any event, hope to see it in the mailbox in 2 weeks time.

Edited by rikiryou

yeh, bad rate stopped me from getting a canon fodder sv 51 whichi really wanted, as it wasn't gonna be a saving *sigh*

I just couldn' choose SAL, theres no way i could wait that long, last time a SAL item for revoltech toki took over a MONTH! EMS all the way baby!! at least for peace of mind, but the extra speed doesn't hurt heh.

Who else Australia based has em coming through? or has it already?

With the beagle mospeadaa coming up in next week oor so this is 2 minute noodles month!!

My Alto and Ozma should arrive from Overdrive Saturday or Monday. Fortunately I paid upfront when the AUD was around 95USD so I don't get the current AUD to JPY slugging. :)

The VF-11B and VF-1D will be a very different story :(

Angolz.com now has the DX toys in stock, $130 + $23.75 EMS shipping!

I ordered from them right the way yesterday, and the reply I got from them this morning is they WILL NOT have the item in stock until next wednesday. Nevertheless, very good price and cheap shipping. Thank you.

My friend in HK also told me that the 2 wave of vf-25 are starting to surface in Mong Kwok in Hong Kong too.

Tamashii Web Shop are re-opening orders for the exclusive Super Pack for Alto's VF-25 on 10 Jan. Orders will close once stock are sold out.

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/tamashii...en/jh0010.html#

It looks like the first order period was for Bandai to gauge the numbers they needed to produce and since response seems good, they're accepting orders again but instead of pegging the the number of units produced to the number of orders received, they're producing more now and closing orders once the numbers are met.

It is also mentioned that parts swapping of the machine gun/hip mounts are needed when attaching the super pack.

Edited by IXTL

My Alto and Ozma should arrive from Overdrive Saturday or Monday. Fortunately I paid upfront when the AUD was around 95USD so I don't get the current AUD to JPY slugging. :)

The VF-11B and VF-1D will be a very different story :(

*sigh* yeh, I would love to just shove the pre order in at overdrive for these, but up front payment, spcially with bad exchange, aint such a good option ATM! I hear ya ! *kicks self in shins for not doing that when dollar was so strong!!!*

might have to use the greater evil and stick to HLJ, Im just annoyed that they, as ppl have said, seem more expensive and less responsive than when i started shopping with them several years ago. I dont feel the love anymore as such LOL.

I would buy those fast packs if I could get them for the 4000yen plus shipping, but having to go through a buyer makes it too much for sure!!

Just wondering what happened to the Super Packs for Ozma?

I seem to remember that they were initially advertised as going to be available at the same time as Alto's Super Pack, but since then, there has been no word on them at all.

Not that I care too much, as Ozma only used Super packs in 1 or perhaps 2 episodes of the series. I'd far prefer that Bandai make the Armored pack for him.

Still, it would be nice to have the Ozma Super Packs just to be a completest.

Graham

It is also mentioned that parts swapping of the machine gun/hip mounts are needed when attaching the super pack.

Ah, I've been going over my toys trying to figure out how all the various parts of the Super Pack will attach and I was wondering how the armor would attach to the the hip guns. Now it's clear.

Not the best solution, but I can live with it.

Graham

Not that I care too much, as Ozma only used Super packs in 1 or perhaps 2 episodes of the series. I'd far prefer that Bandai make the Armored pack for him.

Could be that Bandai decided to can Ozma's super armor and just make the Heavy armor. Or plan to sell the super armor as a mass release later, only no painted trim for Ozma/Alto, just stickers so that the owner can decide who he wants the armor for.

Ah, I've been going over my toys trying to figure out how all the various parts of the Super Pack will attach and I was wondering how the armor would attach to the the hip guns. Now it's clear.

Not the best solution, but I can live with it.

Is it easy to detach those pieces?

Anyone seen any English reviews for the VF-25? I am debating between a VF-25 and a VF-11B. I am leaning towards the VF-11B but the price....... :angry:

Back on December 27 when I got both the VF-25F and VF-25S DX toys, I wrote a mini-review , actually more like a series of observations and comments, which I posted in this thread.

Go back a few pages to Dec 27-29 and you should find it.

Graham

FYI,if some one know Japanaese

http://meteorstyle.nobody.jp/macross-f.html

This website says VF-25F + Super pack will release middle of 2009, but I don't know where this website get this information.

The other question is it is real " VF-25F + super pack" or "VF-25F + armor pack".

This is the text in question:

2009年中

「ROBOT魂 VF-25F」価格未定

「DX超合金 マクロスF(フロンティア) VF-25F メサイア アルト機 スーパーパック装備」価格未定

2009 [it is not mid-2009, 年中 means "within the year", so it could well be late in the year]

"Robot Tamashii VF-25F": Price TBA [isn't this one of those PVC poseable robot lines? This'll probably be a non-tf toy.

"DX-Chogokin Macross F VF25F Messiah Alto-type Super Pack Equipped": Price: TBA [sounds like a bundle set to me...]

I am not sure as to the credibility of this, either, but a lot of people going through the hoop-jumping to obtain the standalone FPs will be pissed if it's true. <_<

I am not sure as to the credibility of this, either, but a lot of people going through the hoop-jumping to obtain the standalone FPs will be pissed if it's true.

Yes but if it is bundled, what if it doesn't come with certain things, like the stand or stickers instead of everything painted? There would still be reason to buy the stand alone armor and be happy with it. I think the list is credible, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Bandai bundles the armor eventually.

Arragghh, parts swapping to place on Armour?? On a toy? bandai teh suckeH!

Wait, what if this just means swapping the armored piece when the armor is on? If this is the case, then it's not needed to swap to transform, just if you want to have an armored 25. As in you swap the parts for the full armored look, and you would only need to swap it off if you wanted the unarmored look.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

All is good, but just a question tho, it seems that the booster packs latches on the wings of the VF. Can they support the weight? With begets the next question, how many parts are they in the Super packs that are die-cast content? Or none at all?

Yes but if it is bundled, what if it doesn't come with certain things, like the stand or stickers instead of everything painted? There would still be reason to buy the stand alone armor and be happy with it. I think the list is credible, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Bandai bundles the armor eventually.

Wait, what if this just means swapping the armored piece when the armor is on? If this is the case, then it's not needed to swap to transform, just if you want to have an armored 25. As in you swap the parts for the full armored look, and you would only need to swap it off if you wanted the unarmored look.

Hope so...

In my opinion, Bandai maybe sell bundle.

First, Macross F is a new anime, like other animes in Japan now. The product life time in market is short.

Bandai can sell bundle to extend Macross F product line, also make money again, like Yamato.

Second, If someone buy Super pack alone, 99%that person has VF-25 before, but the person owns VF-25 not means he will buy super pack later.

If all super packs just sell on web store. Bandai restricts its business.

Third, Macross F products is not like Soul of Chogokin, Saint Saiya can sell severial years, even over 10 years. Bandai should use all ways to sell this product line.

In fact, Bandai always does waht we can't believe. I think The new information may publish later, or after March.

Also, I believe bandi will sell super pack without personal trim because VF-25 mass production type already appears in Macross F.

post-5527-1231477023_thumb.jpg

Edited by shinjizh

First, Macross F is a new anime, like other animes in Japan now. The product life time in market is short.

Bandai can sell bundle to extend Macross F product line, also make money again, like Yamato.

There is also a movie coming in summer, and I have a feeling Bandai will be making a lot of Macross products this year, especially during movie season. I can see a bundle for Alto happening, hell I'll wait for it, by then it might even have changes implemented for the better, like a shield that can store the gunhands.

For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised if Ozma's heavy armor is announced during summer. Maybe the Tamashii exclusive for then

SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE SERIES!

could be Alto's heavy armor w/Michel's sniper rifle(season finale homage!).

SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE SERIES!

could be Alto's heavy armor w/Michel's sniper rifle(season finale homage!).

If so then there would have to be an error in the listing since it states スーパーパーツ(Super Pack) not アーマーパーツ (Armor Pack).

If so then there would have to be an error in the listing since it states スーパーパーツ(Super Pack) not アーマーパーツ (Armor Pack).

No I was merely suggesting that it could be a possible exclusive by Tamashii in the future(the heavy armor/sniper rifle from the last episode that I suggested).

Wait a minute. I'm a little lost. Is Bandai coming out with the model fastpacks or the DX fastpacks in Feb?

Model.

The DX ones will be out in March (Alto limited stand-alones, and Michel and Luca bundle packs).

Edited by Renato

There is also a movie coming in summer, and I have a feeling Bandai will be making a lot of Macross products this year, especially during movie season. I can see a bundle for Alto happening, hell I'll wait for it, by then it might even have changes implemented for the better, like a shield that can store the gunhands.

Yea, I foret the movie edition. It's a good way to extend product line.

Anyway,maybe sell VF-25 Mass productoin type for exclusive.... :lol:

).

As I mention before, either super pack or Armor pack because only this website announces this information.

Maybe Bandai will give exact product name after March (VF-25G and RVF-25 are in the market)

I ordered my Alto from Angolz today. The $CDN was up a bit this week so I saved a whopping $5. I won't get the Ozma until I see what Bandai does next. Right now I'm hedging my bets. HLJ states that the Alto is discontinued and is not likely to be restocked. However, this could also mean that Bandai will come out with another version(s) in the future to milk us. Just like what they, Yamato, Takara-Tomy, etc... has done to toy collectors since time began.

BUT, if the powers that be in these various companies do understand what the current economic situation can do to their bottom line if they overestimate the consumer's willingness to yet again "take it up the *ss"; they'd better at least try and let the early adapters have some sense of security with their initial purchases.

BUT, being aware of what goes on in the corporate world; the chances of a company serving the interests of the public over their need to make as much money as possible is slim.

So I guess I'll have to be happy with my purchase now, and to keep a smile on my face latter when the newer, better, cheaper? versions gets released. BTW, I'm inclined to pre-order for the Tamashii fast-packs; I know they cost a lot but they look so much better than the Bandai versions (on the Luca & Micheal)... or an I only looking at the prototypes and the final versions will be just as detailed?

Decisions... decisions...