Sheryl Nome forgery on yahoo japan?

aerodrew

looks purty. But yeh, needs more pink.

Im always astounded at how awesome faces and eyes can be painted etc, they are just beautiful!

some even add eyelashes ! now thats taking it all the way!

Oh, her eyes & smile have that confident Sheryl look !

the hair does need pink highlights & maybe a bomber hat :)

but still, real nice !

OFF TOPIC !!!

has any of us bought that big expensive Minmay doll ?

someone else did & i saw this one on a doll image board...

post-2222-1226524591_thumb.jpg

http://kirachan.com/doll/imgboard.php?res=593

Edited by polidread

lol i always wondered if anyone would shell out for the Minmay doll... Looking at those pics no way would she be worth that amount.

And i still think she'd crawl into bed while you sleep with a razor.

That Sheryl Nome head is a class above! HAWT. Too bad all u'd be getting is head for that amount of yenage.

:lol:

needs more pink!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Poor Minmey ...she deserves better than that freekish nightmare doll with stumps all over it :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Yamato had a nice idea, but they forgot the part where you should try to make an outstanding, revolutionary figure instead of asking a factory in China to pump out Stump-Bitch 3000 and put her in drag... err...or something...

As for the Sheryl - wow! That face looks so real that I actually thought it was a real live girl at first.

But yeah - the clothes is TOTALLY not her. Still - I'd shell out for it.

Dressing her properly would not be that difficult; and getting a deco like that head is priceless.

Sadly, I have Valkyrie to buy...

Pete

Yamato had a nice idea, but they forgot the part where you should try to make an outstanding, revolutionary figure instead of asking a factory in China to pump out Stump-Bitch 3000 and put her in drag... err...or something...

Only the hair pieace was made in China the rest of the doll was made in Japan.

We have a review on the doll on our site Otaku2.com. The review was done by one of our members who is a doll collector but not a Macross fan, check out her verdict on the doll.

1225718298-Yamato_Lynn_Minmei%20_11_2008_0033.jpg

the face and hair look really good. I wouldn't say they look all that much like sheryl, but it does look good.

this is the part that kills me,

Current price : 28,000 yen

and that's the price, FOR JUST THE HEAD!

I never understood the appeal of dolls like these. I mean For 1/4 the price I could get a 1/6th scale PVC figure that actually looks the way the character does in the animation, and it doesn't have all the ugly joints.

We have a review on the doll on our site Otaku2.com. The review was done by one of our members who is a doll collector but not a Macross fan, check out her verdict on the doll.

Well shucks - Minmey looks good. I guess it's all a matter of her having the proper photographer around :)

Still, I wouldn't buy it - it is pretty; but the problem is really in those stumps - they are just too unseamly. I know sometimes people also complain about Revoltech joints - but Fraulein series has managed to make super poseable girls without stumpy joints for the most part....

And for the record - no - I don't think she's "too expensive" - I just wouldn't buy her because I find myself unable to fall in love with the doll.

I wonder though - if Yamato made a Misa doll in the same scale I would DEFINITELY BUY IT - mainly because what makes life difficult for Mimney is that she has to wear that dress which reveals her stumps to the world. Misa's stumps would be well hidden - and not just by a military uniform; they could make Misa wearing any one of a number of cute outfits (my personal favorite is the one she wore to the premiere of Sho Pai Lon in the episode where Hikaru grabbed her butt:) ) ... and the outfits would cover the stumps.

Just thinking about it makes me teary eyed. If Yamato made a 60 thousand yen Misa doll like that - I'd shell out; the review does show that the doll is exceptionally well made. True.

Pete

I like this thread. A bund of old men analyzing dolls :) And not even dolls that could actually pass for "action figures" (always a term that I thought came up so that boys wouldn't get embarassed about essentially playing with dolls)... no - these are JUST DOLLS :)

Truly we have sunk beyond the pale :)

Pete

the face and hair look really good. I wouldn't say they look all that much like sheryl, but it does look good.

this is the part that kills me,

and that's the price, FOR JUST THE HEAD!

I never understood the appeal of dolls like these. I mean For 1/4 the price I could get a 1/6th scale PVC figure that actually looks the way the character does in the animation, and it doesn't have all the ugly joints.

Let just say you are not into dolls (as most man do hahaha)

The fun part with the doll is you can make CLOTH for her! So if you got good sewing skill then it might be really worth it (you can also sell your cloth on the net.. for nice profit!)

it's been bugging me since the beginning,

why would the thread topic be titled "Sheryl Nome forgery" ?

shouldnt it be more like "Sheryl Nome custom"

(or does this usage of the word 'forgery' have something to do with the concept of a "blacksmith's forge" creating something new out of raw materials?)

XD

Edited by polidread

it's been bugging me since the beginning,

why would the thread topic be titled "Sheryl Nome forgery" ?

shouldnt it be more like "Sheryl Nome custom"

(or does this usage of the word 'forgery' have something to do with the concept of a "blacksmith's forge" creating something new out of raw materials?)

XD

Why is it a Sheryl Nome anything?? This has nothing to do with Macross....