Which Macross Frontier song is your favourite?

taksraven

What is your favourite song from Macross Frontier?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which song was your favourite?

• Welcome To My FanClub's Night!
    • What 'bout my star? (Sheryl On Stage)
    • Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late Sagittarius☆9pm Don't be late!
    • Triangler
    • What 'bout my star?@Formo
    • Aimo
    • Aimo ~Tori no Hito
    • Infinity
    • Diamond Crevasse
    • Northern Cross
    • Triangler (fight on stage)
    • Anata no Oto (アナタノオト, Your Sound)
    • Yōsei (妖精, Fairy)
    • Shinkū no Diamond Crevasse
    • Ai Oboete Imasu ka (Deculture Edition size)
    • Watashi no Kare wa Pilot -MISS MACROSS 2059
    • Lion
    • Neko Nikki
    • Nyan Nyan Service Medley
    • Ninjiin Loves you yeah!

I think this kind of poll would be best posted on a non-Macross forum though. But if ever, my answer to this would have to be a "no". I can't see a category in which the Macross F OSTs would hold up against some of Kanno's other works. Best vocals would be with GITS:SAC, Arjuna and Bebop. BGM would be with Escaflowne, Aquarion, Brain Powerd. Use in animation, hands down Bebop - the OP, ED, Green Bird, Blue scenes among others are very very very memorable. I can't think of a Macross F music scene that gave me the same feeling as when I was watching those Bebop scenes. Although that's not to diss the Macross F OSTs, cause unlike some Kanno OSTs, I'd give this one an above average grade on all criteria mentioned above ;)

Oh, I voted for Diamond Crevasse, then if there's a second choice it'd have to be Northern Cross.

I would have gone with Arjuna and Esca in the BGM category and best vocals goes to any Maaya+Kanno+Iwasato track (Hemisphere and Kiseki no umi comes to mind). To each his own.

Song wise I didn't vote because I cant decide between DC, Shinkuu DC, Yousei and Lion. Overall although I really like the Mac F OST it can't really match Bebop, Bebop is just too cool. And I was just thinking a sing-off between Mai Yamane and May'n would be pretty spectacular.

The way you said that, i'd think you haven't seen the final episode yet. would i be right? :)

Nope, I have seen it :) I know it's not exactly the same, but it feels similar... maybe I have to rewatch the las ep (again... :p ) and compare.

Edit: I just rewatched it, and it... it's the SAME :p

Edited by Zar

Nope, I have seen it :) I know it´s not exactly the same, but it feels similar... maybe I have to rewatch the las ep (again... :p ) and compare.

The way you said that, I'd think you haven't seen the final episode ENOUGH TIMES. Or you haven't listen to the album enough. Would I be right? :)

The only thing that has surprised me about this poll so far has been the lack of any votes for Aimo. I personally was no real fan of the song but I thought I remembered some people raving about it. Oh well.

You know - I think this is because Aimo is in a category all to itself. It's kind of like Voices - it's not a song that you're going to groove to; it's not a "catchy tune" - it's too serious a song.

I love Aimo - but it's not the type of song that has a place ina popularity contest. It fit perfectly with the spirit of Birdman/Zero; and it was a lovely, lovely song of course - and it is one of my top choices; but I just can't find myself voting for it as my "favorite song" because it doesn't have that fun spirited vein.

It's a serious, somber work.

Pete

The way you said that, I'd think you haven't seen the final episode ENOUGH TIMES. Or you haven't listen to the album enough. Would I be right? :)

I haven't listen to the album enough times.. I just got it this Monday :D

Have you seen the Electric Fire DVD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qAn9jgptJw

Angel Voice is still my fav Macross song ever...watched this youtube video before, but is it from that Electric Fire DVD you mention???

too bad neither May'n nor Megumi Nakajima sang any of Firebomber songs in Frontier, we did get yet another version of Ai Oboete Imasuka!

I voted Diamond Crevasse (see the pattern?) but Aimo with harmonica would be a second best, as Frontier is regarded.

Angel Voice is still my fav Macross song ever...watched this youtube video before, but is it from that Electric Fire DVD you mention???

too bad neither May'n nor Megumi Nakajima sang any of Firebomber songs in Frontier, we did get yet another version of Ai Oboete Imasuka!

I voted Diamond Crevasse (see the pattern?) but Aimo with harmonica would be a second best, as Frontier is regarded.

Yeah, that's on the DVD, it's actually quite a nice disc, clocking in at nearly 3 hours, and covering a couple concerts lasat year with Yoshiki Fukuyama & Chie Kajiura, a lot of duets, some accoustic, all awesome.

omg hate those polls -.-" hard to pick one cause i like both albums from M:F ... T_T meanies... giving me a hard time >___>"

edit*

voted on "Northern Cross" -.-"

Edited by crescens

Call me strange, but I've always really liked What 'bout my star? @Formo.

For the Sheryl version, it's not her English pronunciation that I find problems with. It's the tone of her voice that sounds off. However, her voice sounds just fine to me in Welcome To My FanClub's Night!

I don't get it, I definitely voted already days ago (check my previous post), but apparently that wasn't counted?? So I just voted again for Aimo - Tori no hito. Sure enough, it had no votes... that's really weird. Unless I thought I voted, but didn't...

I voted for LION, but having reheard the second CD, I would have to say that Battle Aimo plays a close damn second, after Medley which is number one!

It has a driving, dark force to it, as we understand along with Ranka, that this is not a battle hymn. And the fact the Vajra's love song was being used in this fashion is a cool, dark twist.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't finished watching Macross F yet so all I can say is that Sheryl's singing voice when speaking engrish is just awful. Specifically in "What 'bout my Star?"

There is no such thing as awful engrish. Its always wonderful.

Taksraven

With the new CD and new songs out, some people may want to change their vote?

Maybe just a new poll based on the new CD then. (We could do polls for each of the soundtracks, let people get some votes in for the instrumental tracks)

Taksraven