Skull versus skull

rowen

In a similar vein as the best pilot thread, assuming same valks, which team is better?

1. Roy, Hikaru, Max, Kakizaki (sad I don't know his first name)

2. Ozma, Alto, Michel, Luca

Throw in other teams like Sound Force, Diamond Force, Faerie Squadron, Jamming Birds, Emerald Force for fun.

I don't think the results would be as lopsided as some people think. For one thing, Luca is not a fighter, and the difference in overall ability could make up for that of a "genius" pilot.

In a similar vein as the best pilot thread, assuming same valks, which team is better?

Throw in other teams like Sound Force, Diamond Force, Faerie Squadron, Jamming Birds, Emerald Force for fun.

I don't think the results would be as lopsided as some people think. For one thing, Luca is not a fighter, and the difference in overall ability could make up for that of a "genius" pilot.

Better up against WHO though. I think that there would have been a very high number of kills during Space War I due to the fact that a lot of the Zentradi forces were cannon fodder and they could afford to lose many units. The Vajra looks like they were generally much tougher opponents overall but if you had the right weaponry they were easy to knock over.

How about some more specifics??

Taksraven

The boys from the SDF-1, Roy, Max, Hikaru & yes, even Kakizaki would have turned the Vajra into Lobster Bisque for dinner!! Roy is a killer, Hikaru kicks ass, Max is pure talent and skill, And for Hayao Kakizaki...its him. But he was cooler than Luca was.

Just picture Roy & Max behind the controls of a VF-25....DAM!!! B))

Ozma survived a pineapple dish and got to eat it, Roy didn't.

Hikaru and Alto both totalled plenty of their valks. Alto never got injured to the point that he had to be hospitalized, and Alto was fighting against a tougher enemy.

Max and Michel are both badass but completely different kinds of pilots. I wonder who would come out the victor at different ranges... At close range Max would win hands down, simply because it's Max. But at long range, I think Michel has the edge even against Max.

Lucca is nothing without his Ghost support squadron, Kakizaki may have been a big dumb oaf, but he could at least fire his gunpod. :p

If you toss Miria in as part of Skull and Klan Klan as part of Skull, I wonder how they'd have it out. Klan Klan has the advantage of the additional shoulder cannon on the Q-rea.

And if it were Skull vs Skull, would it be Original Skull in old-school VF-1 valkyries? The upgraded VF-1X valkyries? Or in VF-25s as well? Would New Skull be going in just the plain VF-25s, or would they be going in with Super and Armor packs? Would they get reaction warheads and MDEs? Would Old Skull get Super or Strike packs? Reaction warheads?

If it were Old Skull with the valkyries and weapons of their time vs New Skull with the valkyries and weapons of their time, New Skull would win due to the more powerful and higher performing valkyries.

Better up against WHO though. I think that there would have been a very high number of kills during Space War I due to the fact that a lot of the Zentradi forces were cannon fodder and they could afford to lose many units. The Vajra looks like they were generally much tougher opponents overall but if you had the right weaponry they were easy to knock over.

How about some more specifics??

Taksraven

Well it would be against the same enemy, it's more measuring talent than the actual results in # of kills. But another factor is how they would fare against each other, provided they're both using the same mecha. Looks like there are already comments favoring different groups.

Part of Sumdumgai's post: Ozma survived a pineapple dish and got to eat it, Roy didn't.

Ummmm, Roy was shot a few times in the back by a Meltrandi pilot, Pretty sure the pineapple salad didn't get him. :rolleyes:

Edited by 505thAirborne

Part of Sumdumgai's post: Ozma survived a pineapple dish and got to eat it, Roy didn't.

Ummmm, Roy was shot a few times in the back by a Meltrandi pilot, Pretty sure the pineapple salad didn't get him. :rolleyes:

Ah, but both were waiting to eat a pineapple dish before they went out to battle and got injured. Pineapple salad is a killer, while pineapple cake is not. :) Hence why a lot of people were going "oh $hit Ozma is going to die this episode" when all the pineapple references came up. :rolleyes:

The boys from the SDF-1, Roy, Max, Hikaru & yes, even Kakizaki would have turned the Vajra into Lobster Bisque for dinner!! Roy is a killer, Hikaru kicks ass, Max is pure talent and skill, And for Hayao Kakizaki...its him. But he was cooler than Luca was.

You got that right!! ^_^

Ozma is not macho enough to beat Roy. Wears an ear ring and listens to fire bomber. Sure he seems to act tough but every third episode he's injuried. Roy drinks to extreme levels of alcholic poisoning and then jumps in a Valkyrie to kick ass.

Ozma is not macho enough to beat Roy. Wears an ear ring and listens to fire bomber. Sure he seems to act tough but every third episode he's injuried. Roy drinks to extreme levels of alcholic poisoning and then jumps in a Valkyrie to kick ass.

Well said, err, Roy Focker! :lol:

Yep, I remember Roy's famous dialogue: "How can you fight a war if you're afraid of a little booze?" Or something like that :ph34r: EDIT: And kick ass he did in DYRL when he sortied out, drunk as a skunk, to rescue Hikaru and Minmay :ph34r:

Edited by valkyriepilot

You can take out Hikaru and Kakizaki, and the last two would still beat up on the Frontier team. Mikhail is not anything like a hand to hand, and let's assume somehow, they're able to get one of the other two, it'd probably be Focker that buys the farm, but that still leaves Max, and Max will probably kill all four of them in no time flat. Alto and Ozma are just not that good. Luca is useless, I doubt his drones are capable of taking Max, and as for Mikhail, once Max realizes there is a sniper on the loose, he isn't going to be taken down any more.

That's what I was thinking the whole time I was watching Frontier :rolleyes:

And died.

Max alone could probably solo all of them, though.

Well the OG team wins. Granted enemies are tougher now but we have seen Max go against the protodevlin in a VF-22, and Hikaru was holding his one very well......eventually. Ozma got hit too many times throughout the course of the show while Roy only got hit really one time though it was the last time. Alto keeps trashing his valk and seems a bit too hot headed for a cool head like Max, and god forbid if you use OG Skull version two which would be Hikaru, Max and Miriya. That would be the team to dominate all.