Smallville Season 8-10

Apollo Leader

Season 8 of Smallvile starts tonight. This is suppose to be the last season of the show.

With the cliff hanger of Season 7, I wonder if there is any chance that Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) will be in this episode? I know technically this is season 8, but since this is a continutation of an episode from Season 7...

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/smallville

Is it me or did last night's episode move quickly as far as pacing? I missed a few minutes and was totally lost, luckily i have it on my DVR but you can tell the whole production team is bored and tired and ready to move on. Plus with the loss of Rosenbaum the show is not the same at all. Just give him his suit and let him be superman in like 4 episodes from now and end the show.

Man, they still making this show, I got bored of it, some how "early years" just don't seem to be early years anymore, seems to be superman becomes "superman" at age 50 by the time they get to the end.

• 1 year later...

Laura Vandervoort will return as Supergirl and James Marsters will be back as Brainiac but not evil one but as Brainiac 5 from the Legion of Super Heroes. Deadshot, Hawkgirl, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle (both Ted Kord & Jamie Reyes), and Hawkman have been announced as guest stars. Darkseid and Granny Goodness has been strongly hinted as villains.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Laura Vandervoort will return as Supergirl and James Marsters will be back as Brainiac but not evil one but as Brainiac 5 from the Legion of Super Heroes. Deadshot, Hawkgirl, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle (both Ted Kord & Jamie Reyes), and Hawkman have been announced as guest stars. Darkseid and Granny Goodness has been strongly hinted as villains.

After the disappointing way they handled Doomsday (looong build up, blink-and-you-missed-it climax), doesn't bode well for Darkseid. People don't know how to handle the New Gods at the best of times. I predict they become generic sci-fi villains (with custom-fit Kryptonian connection, naturally), or smothered in ham-handed backstory in an attempt to bring in too much of the comic.

Wow... thats reads really bitter. Seeing as I skipped last season completely, who woulda thunk I cared anymore?

Are you telling me that old Spike will be donning green face paint for this series?

Yeah, seriously this show is still on? I really enjoyed it for the first couple of episodes but quickly lost interest around season 3 or 4. I thought I saw a picture of Clark in a black jumpsuit with a Superman S on his chest and some kind of trenchcoat looking thing that liked like a cape.

Neo as Superman... Lost interest as soon as Metropolis characters started invading Smallville. Then the Justice League started showing up. It's Clark's life PRE-Superman... it's not suppose to be the show about Superman except everyone involved resents comic book superheroes and their costumes.

This series jumped the shark about 3 or 4 seasons ago...but I might give this 10th season a try...looks like they are breaking the no suit no fly rule in the end.

You know there was an episode of Happy Days where a man literally jumped over a shark... and it was the best one ever!!! ~ Troy (Community)

God, this show is still going on? Back when I was in high school I was really interested in how they would tell the story of Clark Kent's secret teen years and such, but now it's more like a joke that's gone on too long.

Spoilers

If the show ends, then he'll get the iconic spandex suit. Nothing else matters anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the new season premiere. All those references to a "dark" side of clark made me wonder if they were gonna tease the villain for the rest of the season, when lo and behold, there he is in the last scene. throw subtlety out the window (not that there was much, to begin with), it's time to go all out, it is the last season after all.

• 3 weeks later...

What was up with Olivers prisoner exchange was it Dr Hamilton who betrayed Cloe to save Oliver?

Was that Colonel Flag from the Suicide squad perhaps taking over Checkmate from Waller.

I'm not too sure Hamilton betrayed Oliver but it looks like Chloe is still alive and kicking. She sent a text message to the new students at the school paper thanking them for carrying her "Torch".

Yes that was Col. Rick Flagg of the Suicide Squad but him replacing the Wall I don't know. I really hope we see Pam Grier again; I really dug her.