Macross Frontier VF-171

505thAirborne

It's piloted by Alto though, and once the 171 mold is tooled up we could get.....

-VF-171EX Alto type

-RVF-171EX Luca type

-VF-171 NUNS

-RVF-171 NUNS

-VF-171 special VF-17 Diamond Force colors

I can see it happening.

You missed VF-171EX standard version, i.e. as flown by Alto's wingmen (white with black and grey trim as far as I can tell).

I don't see a Diamond Force paint variation as likely at all.

Graham

I am only on episode 19 so I have not seen Alto's VF-171 but that pic above looks gorgeous. I love that color scheme, the white and gray. That is a winner. It would make a gorgeous figure or Model. If they can make it as nicely as they did the VF-25 model (which looks great in battroid and fighter IMO) then I think most of us would be happy. Also the CF color scheme is nice, that almost blue/grey metalic color with the orange heatsheild. yummy.

Hey RichterX, being a little sarcastic there...... <_< Or are we just making it clear that a VF-171 is a no-brainer and must have for ones collection if they made it.

The VF-171 is a beautiful fighter and is a no brainer to make a toy of one as it has now the custom Alto and Luca paint, the canon fodder Frontier fleet colours, the EX variant colours plus the pack enhancement. ^_^

Doesn't have to be Yamato, Bandai could still do one. And if it sucks, they could come back and do a version 2, like Yamato did for the 1/60 VF-1 and the Macross Plus toys, or like Bandai has done with the Saint Seiya toys. And if it takes twenty years for a good one to be released, so be it. It took almost twenty years for a really good VF-1 to be released.

I just hope Bandai doesn't pull another Macross 7 on us by giving us a few things, cancelling the rest, then sitting on the license.

Doesn't have to be Yamato, Bandai could still do one. And if it sucks, they could come back and do a version 2, like Yamato did for the 1/60 VF-1 and the Macross Plus toys, or like Bandai has done with the Saint Seiya toys. And if it takes twenty years for a good one to be released, so be it. It took almost twenty years for a really good VF-1 to be released.

I just hope Bandai doesn't pull another Macross 7 on us by giving us a few things, cancelling the rest, then sitting on the license.

Its a kind of a good point to say if Bandai doesn't get it right the 1st time, there's always Version 2. However, so far though Bandai is not winning anyone over with their 1/60 DX VF-25 design so far. At least the original 1/60 & Mac + Yamato's looked good from day one and were passable, they must have been, we all own a handful at least. And Yamato has only gotten better over time (QC is another topic).

But will wait & see how Bandai does, Maybe when the VF-25 release's it will be better than we thought/hoped. And a VF-171 in all Variants will come out as well. And very true about Bandai & its licensing follies, if they have the Copyrights, then use & abuse them for their toy building ways!!

Bandai should have less problems making a VF-171 than a VF-25, as they have already made a VF-17 in the past (which the 171 is based off of), plus they have a transforming CG model to work from, versus only hand drawn lineart. Their previous attempt at a VF-17 looked a lot better than the VF-19 they did.

Dunno if the VF-171 still stows the gunpod like the VF-17, but we've seen that the VF-171EX mounts it in the traditional manner, under the fighter.

I would love to get a VF-171 even more than a VF-17, so I'll wait and I'll hope. But I won't hold my breath with the way Bandai is going.