Kaiyodo Revoltech 2G Thread

IXTL

WAY faster than expected, my next 2 Revels arrived. AV-98 Ingram (Movie) which is #42, and Protect Gear, Red Spectacles edition # 61. Havent opened either yet, but just based on looking at them in box: The Panzer cop looks almost a head taller than the Ingram, which is a little odd.

WAY faster than expected, my next 2 Revels arrived. AV-98 Ingram (Movie) which is #42, and Protect Gear, Red Spectacles edition # 61. Havent opened either yet, but just based on looking at them in box: The Panzer cop looks almost a head taller than the Ingram, which is a little odd.

The line in general is way out of scale. My Saber is huge compared to my Revy and Dante is also smaller than he should be (unless a big muscular tough guy is supposed to be as tall as a little chinese tough girl)

Did you get the Panzer Cop in the special boxed set? If so, what are the differences with the previous release?

I've never seen a special set for the revoltech Panzer cop. I just have the normal one, but i only paid like $24 shipped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kaiyodo's SCI-FI Revoltech Alien

Series #: 001

UPC/EAN/ISBN: 4537807040008

Manufacturer: Kaiyodo

Availability: Online Stores(BBTS, HLJ, Amazon) / Local Toy Shops

Release Date: April 2010

Price: YEN 2850 (R.R.P.)

Material: Body: PVC · ABS joint: POM Nylon Blister: PVC

Alien TM & © 2009 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Alien TM & © 2009 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

P1010091.jpg

Via HobbyLink Japan

The lead-off character in the new Sci-Fi Revoltech series is none other than the original Alien "Big Chap"! This guy works particularly well as a Revoltech figure, too, what with his segmented body and all. Very cool! Main jaw opens and inner jaw can extend. Includes bursting egg, facehugger, and base with a separate nameplate. Amazing detail and amazing posability (13 points of articulation, with a bendable and posable tail!) make this Revoltech figure a must-have item for any Alien fan!

Academy Award-winning SFX, makeup, and film director Chris Walas (The Fly, The Fly II, Gremlins, Scanners, Naked Lunch, etc.) proclaims, "Unbelievable! This is the best Alien figure I have ever seen!"

All thumbnails are clickable and will bring you to a higher-res at 800x600pixels.

Packaging(Exterior):

th_P1010092.jpg th_P1010093.jpg th_P1010094.jpg th_P1010095.jpg th_P1010096.jpg th_P1010097.jpg

Packaging(Flap)

th_P1010098.jpg th_P1010099.jpg th_P1010100.jpg

The flap is held closed by a small piece of velcro. It's quite a neat way to present a background story of the figure's on the inner flap.

The plastic trays:

th_P1010102.jpg th_P1010110.jpg th_P1010111.jpg th_P1010112.jpg

The way the notches are placed on the trays and the presence of only 2 twisties seems to leave the overall packaging quite collector-friendly.

The contents:

th_P1010114.jpg

• Alien figure

• Face Hugger figure

• Alien Egg Environment

• Display base

• Name plate

• Revoltech Coin(10 points)

• Revoltech Parts Container

Revoltech parts:

th_P1010115.jpg th_P1010116.jpg th_P1010118.jpg

The head... (Normal, inner mouth, 'human like')

th_P1010135.jpg th_P1010136.jpg th_P1010137.jpg th_P1010138.jpg

This is my first revoltech figure, and I definitely find it much better than hottoys snapfast kits in so much more ways. I haven't taken much in terms of photos since I only got it after work just now, but here's some in the meantime.

Some shots with figma:

th_P1010142.jpg th_P1010143.jpg th_P1010144.jpg

So got Rin from Fate/Stay in both Revol and Figma (Meant to get Figma but ordered the revol accidentally, so THEN ordered the Figma).

If this is the quality of their non robots Im not impressed., Movement is meh, it falls apart if u look at it funny and the jpoints are really ugly.

Fail, Revoltech.

So got Rin from Fate/Stay in both Revol and Figma (Meant to get Figma but ordered the revol accidentally, so THEN ordered the Figma).

If this is the quality of their non robots Im not impressed., Movement is meh, it falls apart if u look at it funny and the jpoints are really ugly.

Fail, Revoltech.

the robot ones are easier to stand due to bigger feet and the joints are less noticeable on a robot figure. The non-robot revoltechs i have are dante, panzer cop, revy and saber. Saber is big and hard to stand even with the display base, dante is good, but his arm fell off, i really like panzer cop and revy though.

Although i believe Rin is in the fraulein line of revoltech, i don't own any of them, so i don't know how different they are to the regular line.

the Alien just arrived and it was also my first Revoltech. I'm actually looking forward to getting more from this line. Especially the Godzilla/Kaiju type critters. Since I was a kid I've always wanted articulated versions of them all. Gamera, Gaos and Baragon all look pretty good. And I was surprised to see Mothra in the catalog that came with the Alien. Not sure how many revoltech joints they can put on Mothra, but I'm happy they will give it a shot :)

Poked around online after and saw the pics I missed from Wonderfestival of Anguirus and Predator.

So yeah...I'll be buying more :D

The Revoltech Trigun releases are somewhat exciting but only if they do additional characters. The McFarlane Vash is really still the best looking figure of him to this day.

Wolfwood just looks weird to me but maybe it's just how they have him positioned in the promo shots.

ohh, i thought it was Figma doing these! Who cares gimme gimme gimme lol!

I actually got the Menace Revy the other day, way better than the Eva gal revys, looking more refined, taller, slimmer like the figmas.

Also got Ken Masters finally!!! Great little revoltech, maybe i'll try and get Ryu or Guile next.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got the new Asuka, it's got a few improvements like the new waist joint w/ a front rubber torso part. It allows for slight posing in the midsection, so it's not as stiff looking as the old version, but the way the joint is built (They used a new, slim double revoltech joint embedded in the waist)-it improves on, but also defeats the poseability.

post-2535-127597351097_thumb.jpgpost-2535-127597355268_thumb.jpgpost-2535-127597360461_thumb.jpg

They also used the new elbow joints from the "new" Yoko, they used new revol joints w/ a ridge at the end of the peg, so the arms don't fall off when posing, but they didn't use it properly for the thighs. the ridged peg is embedded into the waist, but no ridge for the peg that goes into the thigh. They also used a new, smaller joint for the ankles, it does the clicking thing, but it's not a regular revol joint.

post-2535-127597366796_thumb.jpgpost-2535-127597365009_thumb.jpgpost-2535-127597369112_thumb.jpg

I don't understand why they insist on using the small, weak joints for areas that are load-bearing. The figure's poseability suffers because the hip joints can't hold any positions. :angry:

Oh, and the soles of the feet have cleats. they don't help much for standing.

post-2535-127597372089_thumb.jpg

The partitions in the hair are a huge improvement over the original. I wish they could've used soft material like the Yoko. The swappable faces are ok, but you hardly see a difference between "happy" & "angry". Not to mention, a face w/ a closed mouth should have been included. The sculpting looks better too, she doesn't have that "duuuuh" look anymore &

the skin tone is much better this time around, it's more natural & "translucent" compared to the original.

The hands are pretty much ok. They can hold accessories from previous figures, but I don't understand why they needed to make a completely new peg for 1 set of hands. The "new" pair of hands have a pin at the wrist instead of the revol joint. It makes the cuffs that goes with it incompatible w/ the cuffs for the revol jointed hands.

No real accessories though, just a mobile phone that's permanently flipped open & a "sensor" part that clips on to the collar.

So yeah... that's the new Asuka (and Mari, i suppose).

edit: pics!

Edited by UN_MARINE

• 3 months later...

Apparently there are Toy Story revoltechs.

Buzz Lightyear

Woody

Neat thing is that they got creepy moveable eyes.

Wow. WOW... The things this guy does with his Woody:

http://www.theonecam.com/ (It's not an NSFW site, but there are quite few pictures with Woody that... would qualify.)

Edited by shiroikaze