Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

Been working on this for a while. It's from Space Battleship Yamato, the Andromeda class super battleship.

I've lengthened the Nike by an inch and a half, resin cast a replacement drive and am redoing the guns and superstructure.

Here's a size comparison with the patrol cruiser, Interceptor and an original hull.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Th...EFSNike1009.jpg

A mock-up with the scratch-built under hull 'scoops,' and the new base for the command tower.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Th...mock-up1002.jpg

Nose in place,

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Th...nt=DSCF9014.jpg

And the last pic so far, with the resin engine glued on and the gun decks just about finished.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Th...nt=DSCF9030.jpg

P.S. How do you get them - meaning the pictures - to explode up from the little display boxes?

Edited by Thom

So I took a bit of a hiatus on my VF-11 build, but I got a couple of builds done over the holidays... both of the completed ones were gifts.

A Tamiya 1/72 Corsair modified as a Fleet Air Arm aircraft

th_1f3.jpg

th_1b5.jpg

th_1b9.jpg

A Heller 1/72 Harvard II

th_1f5.jpg

th_1f10.jpg

Right now I'm working on a 1/72 Special Hobby De Havilland Sea Hornet.

th_1e4.jpg

th_1e3.jpg

Edited by Noyhauser

Just have patience for doing the Orange lines, its worth it in the end! My buddy in CA who owns a Hobby shop said as soon as the MKII Vipers are in, theres 2 with my name on them! B))

Well, hopefully it won't be too much longer... If I'm not done this Viper by the time I get a Mk 2, I'm going to put it on hold. I really, really want to build the Mk2 really, really fracking badly.

Now, where's my Galactica and Pegasus in plastic!

My son's one of the reasons I'm building models. He gets a kick out of it. I'm hoping this PG shows him it can be fufilling to take your time on something. Tonight we practice airbrushing and decals on a MG model! :)

Love looking at everyone elses work! The Legioss and Tread builds are inspiring, and I love all the Galactica stuff. Gotta finish this GP01FB and then I want to move onto an Xwing and a Raptor....mmmm

Edited by Myersjessee

My son's one of the reasons I'm building models. He gets a kick out of it. I'm hoping this PG shows him it can be fufilling to take your time on something. Tonight we practice airbrushing and decals on a MG model! :)

Love looking at everyone elses work! The Legioss and Tread builds are inspiring, and I love all the Galactica stuff. Gotta finish this GP01FB and then I want to move onto an Xwing and a Raptor....mmmm

What kind of RAPTOR? From BSG? B))

Yeah. I have a Studio Scale Xwing and a 1/24 Raptor that are both begging to be built and lit....here's hoping they dont cause me to many more grey hairs! :)

The X-Wing will be nice, I'll be all smiles for the RAPTOR!! Speaking of BSG, those new MKII Vipers should be out very soon. Can't imagine you won't get a few of those as well! B))

The X-Wing will be nice, I'll be all smiles for the RAPTOR!! Speaking of BSG, those new MKII Vipers should be out very soon. Can't imagine you won't get a few of those as well! B))

Not soon enough... If it's not in my hands right now, it's not soon enough. :p

Here's a resin kit of the Supersylph Yukikaze in 1/72 scale. I love the subject; it's a very elegant shape. I threw this kit together quickly... after a long modeling hiatus. All decals have been replaced - the originals were rubbish, but I emulated them with whatever I had available - including Gundam ones, but I'm not into Gundam so it's no big deal to me. Also I replaced the supplied canopies with some new vac-formed ones I made. No pilots were supplied so I used my own Macross ones. Purists beware!

Now it's time to get back to my various scratchbuilding projects!

Thanks for looking.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Looking great EVERYONE! We need to keep this post alive with everything from old school pistons to nuclear turbines B)) I've missed out on a few of these earlier thanks to access problems. - MT

Thank you for finishing this beast, Petar. The new canopys make it so much better. Is your kit a recast, because the decals for my Fand were perfect?

I'm actually picking up my Sylpheed again and tried to make a heatpresses canopy, but failed with my first attempts.

I bought the kit second hand - packed in a plain box, so I've no idea really whether it was a recast, but looking back, it probably was. It came with photoetch, etc, so I'm not sure.

Anyway, was there a Sylpheed kit available? Or is it scratchbuilt? :huh:

Edited by PetarB

I bought the kit second hand - packed in a plain box, so I've no idea really whether it was a recast, but looking back, it probably was. It came with photoetch, etc, so I'm not sure.

Anyway, was there a Sylpheed kit available? Or is it scratchbuilt? :huh:

Petar that SuperSylph is your usual, amazing work. It looks great mate.

Is it only Platz that do a 1/72 SuperSylph? I didn't think it had cockpits? Did you dremel out a cockpit?

Great work, thanks for the pics.

Mark

Is it only Platz that do a 1/72 SuperSylph? I didn't think it had cockpits? Did you dremel out a cockpit?

As mentioned, I don't know the history of the resin kit I had, it was probably a recast - Platz is the only game in town for Yukikaze as far as I know. The cockpit 'tub' was there, I just put the bits and pieces in it...

As mentioned, I don't know the history of the resin kit I had, it was probably a recast - Platz is the only game in town for Yukikaze as far as I know. The cockpit 'tub' was there, I just put the bits and pieces in it...

I have an original and it matches your description. Photo etch...etc...(not sure how good my decals are...have not tried them) The cockpit on the body is opened up, but it simply as no detail. The canopy is a solid piece of resin with two destinct plugs that will fit into the two wholes where the pilots should go. I've always intended to simply attempt to vac-form a new canopy for it and then detail the existing holes.

Does that sound similar to yours Petar...or was your canopy already vac-formed and your cockpit detailed?

ugh... don't you hate it when the exacto slips???

Yes, I do hate it when the exacto slips. But then I put a bit of my blood on my model so that it gets it blood sacrifice (usually on an inside surface that will never see light).