Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

Got side-tracked by work but was finally able to get back onto the same 3 kits again.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-117, Hasegawa 1/72 YF-21, Hasegawa 1/72 F-16

4785985238_12a7f59611_o.jpg

All the separate colors on YF-21 are airbrushed after careful masking. The kit is now ready for Panel-lining and then decal application.

4785353815_34fe042a3c_o.jpg

The wheel wells, landing gears, and cockpit are done. Now to get rid of the seam lines between fuselage & wings with putty & more sanding.

4785985602_11fc384ff5_o.jpg

Instrument panel is mostly decal job and the seat is painted pink because this will be finished as an idolmaster jet.

4785353339_8be5664e0c_o.jpg

Finally finished my first Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S kit! What a pain of a kit to build but the end result is brilliant!! I should have a full review up on Collectiondx this week after some final touch ups.

Cheers

Leonardo Flores

post-8650-127950714748_thumb.jpg

I'm continuing work on the VF-1D weathered bird experiment. The intakes got done nicely. Just the amount of dirtiness I was aiming for. The intake decals always freak me out, because it's the one decal that you can't really lose or screw up and still have a realistic looking plane. Fortunately, nothing went wrong and it's been solvasetted in place.

The leg assemblies are giving me a hard time. One leg is fine. Perfect fit. The other is just terrible. Going to spend some more time reputtying and sanding down the poorly fitted one.

One thing that I strongly dislike about the thruster is that (unlike the Hasegawa YF-19), it must be assembled into the leg, before both sides are sealed shut. Which of course makes painting a b!tch... Not sure if anyone has any advice on how to attack this problem. I have tried to squeeze some plastic wrap around the thrusters and wrapped it with tape. It's not perfect, but I hope it holds. Sorry, pic a bit blurry - but you get the idea.

post-9883-128007387216_thumb.jpg

post-9883-128007397546_thumb.jpg

yeah the prepainted thrusters are a pain on this model. You just gotta carefully stick masking tape on them up insde the leg before it gets painted.

Finally finished my first Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S kit! What a pain of a kit to build but the end result is brilliant!! I should have a full review up on Collectiondx this week after some final touch ups.

Cheers

Leonardo Flores

Hey looks great! That was my first Valk kit as well, same color scheme too.

This is a Moscato mastered 1/24 Raptor that I have been slowly working my way through. I love the kit, but it causes me no end of frustration as I just can't seem to get a good pace going on it.

This is the first of three Raptors that are long overdue for me. This one, and the next one are due to a friend who has been more then patient with me over the last <gasp> years. (thanks Mark for your patience) The third will be for me...which is silly considering all the work that went into this kit was based on me wanting a kit for myself....can't believe it took me years to get around to actually making one for me.

This build will be based on the original CG and 1:1 model from the mini-series. It had less detail on the engines and in some of the areas then the one from the series. Since my friend is getting two, he will have this one, unlit based on the original model, and then the 2nd one lit, based on the more detailed CG version. (I'm hoping he will like one of each kind) My idea for the unlit one, is it's sitting, silent in a dark corner of the hanger...unused. It's shut down for the night and sitting. The main door will be open for looking in. (I'm still figuring out how to make the door open and make it so I can ship it...I ordered some magnets for that trick.

post-89-128034292342_thumb.jpg

post-89-128034293693_thumb.jpg

post-89-128034294589_thumb.jpg

That's one detailed looking Raptor... can't wait to see it finished.

Today I took my VF-1D out of the workshop, still got a lot of work to do, but it's slowly taking shape. Next step will be to start working on the tail assembly.

Pardon the crap pics, took them with my Blackberry.

post-9883-128034601603_thumb.jpg

post-9883-128034603121_thumb.jpg

post-9883-128034604069_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ghost Train

That Raptor looks awesome Myersjessee, when its all finished my Squadron of Vipers will fly cover for you! I just finished my second MKII Viper, this time as Apollo's unit. :D

Looking good Ghost Train, keep it up! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

Hi guys many of you must be still waiting for the release of the 1/72 ground vehicles. The update was it's still in development with the caster. For the VF-171 I'm still busy converting it.

I'd recently working on advance conversion of the Neograde GBP into the TV version GBP. I'll like to share some pictures with you. I'll post more later.

Cheers

post-7569-128128790088_thumb.jpg

post-7569-128128793078_thumb.jpg

I've been back on this for a few weeks. Mostly trying to get the paneling done before I get a new job.

38237_466918089427_668654427_6347661_2599577_n.jpg

It's really a crime that Moebius Models didn't let you work on their master. Their new kit has an impressive size, but the engineering is totally last century - look at the detail pics.

96092e91728071.jpg

They did use the resin kit I helped pattern as a reference tool without letting me know. It sure makes a good companion piece to the old Revell Classic Galactica. ;) Oh well. I'll buy it obviously.

I didn't see that scan before. Thanks for posting it.

I decided a few years ago that I'm not going to be kitting this model. It's not super accurate but it's going to be a great model if it ever gets done.

Everyone's work looks great! Lot's of creativity and the usual awesome talent on these boards! I work, go to dinner, go home and shower, then sleep. I squeeze this and Skyping my wife in there some place. It's good to vicariously live out the hobby throught you guys ;) - MT

It's really a crime that Moebius Models didn't let you work on their master. Their new kit has an impressive size, but the engineering is totally last century - look at the detail pics.

96092e91728071.jpg

Hi Cobywan. Is that the one that you brought to Wonderfest back in 2006? Or was it 2007?

Hasegawa 1/72 Idolm@ster F-117 kit is ready for decals now. The white figure pattern was masked so the plane's body color & panels lines won't show through once decals are applied.

4931075755_b02fa58e2b_o.jpg

4931667672_09ccd20534_o.jpg

4931075453_12ab3928b8_o.jpg

BTW, YF-21 is complete, just need to snap some photos one of these days.

Edited by cwmodels