Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

haven't been working on this project since late november.. only got the time, chance and drive to work on this after a few boost from friends and some followers over a local toy forum:

4353522202_0d93240d4b.jpg

more pics at my build thread :)

Are we learning anything YAMATO? Awesome build so far MaveRick!! B))

rotorhead: lol.. don't worry.. it roughly cost me 110 USD in materials plus dedication, headache, patience..

505thAirborne: i'm pretty sure yamato could pull out something like that as well, even better.. heck if only i have all the necessary materials and tools.. would have opted to make it transformable..

On an aside...as I get closer to the 1/2 way mark on this GP01FB I am realizing that anyone aspiring to be an engineer, or just interested in how things work should have to build one of these. It's amazing how many intricate little pieces go into making this thing fully poseable and functional. If you have been tempted to by a PG Gundam, while they are pricey they sure are an interesting build.

post-89-1266287024_thumb.jpg

post-89-1266287035_thumb.jpg

Edited by Myersjessee

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am pretty impressed with the usual posters in this thread. Although my own work is considerably more pedestrian, I wanted to join in the fun.

I hate painting models...so what I have here are the projects I've been working on the last several months...all curiously in the same state of WIP. That is to say, all done except the painting and prop+canopy glueing.

I also like to build things no one else has built...which is why everything here has been modified (if you can't build a P-51 as good as the pros, build a P-51 the pros never will, that's my motto).

If you're interested in my unfinished stuff:

P-38 built upside down (no pilot/cockpit...)

P-61 with gunner hump deleted

R3C-2 built upside down (porco rosso kit, so its a modification of a modification)

modified Pfalz D-III (awaiting floats)

Ki-100 (w/ Ki-44 wings)

modified F4U corsair

modified and re-engined Br.693

post-659-1267063166_thumb.jpg

post-659-1267063183_thumb.jpg

post-659-1267063190_thumb.jpg

Well, I am pretty impressed with the usual posters in this thread. Although my own work is considerably more pedestrian, I wanted to join in the fun.

I hate painting models...so what I have here are the projects I've been working on the last several months...all curiously in the same state of WIP. That is to say, all done except the painting and prop+canopy glueing.

I also like to build things no one else has built...which is why everything here has been modified (if you can't build a P-51 as good as the pros, build a P-51 the pros never will, that's my motto).

If you're interested in my unfinished stuff:

P-38 built upside down (no pilot/cockpit...)

P-61 with gunner hump deleted

R3C-2 built upside down (porco rosso kit, so its a modification of a modification)

modified Pfalz D-III (awaiting floats)

Ki-100 (w/ Ki-44 wings)

modified F4U corsair

modified and re-engined Br.693

Whats' pedestrian about it?!?! Seriously those are some hot looking kits, even without paint. I love the modified kits; it kinda reminds me of stuff in movies like Sky Crawlers or Wings Honnmisase. I'd be excited to see some fictional paintjobs... even if they were simply all metal.

Whats' pedestrian about it?!?! Seriously those are some hot looking kits, even without paint. I love the modified kits; it kinda reminds me of stuff in movies like Sky Crawlers or Wings Honnmisase. I'd be excited to see some fictional paintjobs... even if they were simply all metal.

Hey, thanks dude.

I just meant that detail and finish-wise, my stuff is a bit...plainer than a lot of the guys who post in this thread.

I'll try to post what paint schemes I come up with once I get around to painting this bunch.

Here is an Alpha..Gamma?

Its the 1/72 resin Alpha/Leigoss. I decided to scrath build more of a body to it.

Is that an official kit or some serious kit bashing? Cause either way that is frakin awesome looking, great job Mechleader! B))

• 2 weeks later...

Well..this is taking longer then I thought it would, but it's getting there. 1st armor nearly done...needs some detailing...needs a clearcoat, and needs some decals. 2nd armor set started, and supplies for diorama expansion are here...woot!

post-89-1268450306_thumb.jpg

post-89-1268450314_thumb.jpg

Edited by Myersjessee

Well..this is taking longer then I thought it would, but it's getting there. 1st armor nearly done...needs some detailing...needs a clearcoat, and needs some decals. 2nd armor set started, and supplies for diorama expansion are here...woot!

Looks phenomenal so far!!! B))

Looks phenomenal so far!!! B))

TY!!!

I decided I really wanted to build a neat diorama to go with this thing...and I think I needed a break from the armor...so i started working on the piece that will be the back wall, and eventually the floor. The piece of girder structure that comes with the kit will be detailed and will sit on this, and then I'm working on some other pieces to go with it. I'm new to scratch building, but so far I'm having fun and I think it's coming along well enough.

I've been scavenging up pieces from all sorts of things to make it all work...very cool.

Just starting

http://home.comcast.net/~jestefarean/GP01/image3.JPG

Covering plywood

http://home.comcast.net/~jestefarean/GP01/Image4.JPG

Started adding a viewing window

http://home.comcast.net/~jestefarean/GP01/Image5.JPG

Floor starts to get worked on, and I start adding some details to the window

http://home.comcast.net/~jestefarean/GP01/Image6.JPG

Next up...finish detailing the door and wall, tile and detail the floor, and then start detailing the gantry.

Edited by Myersjessee

Finally finished one of John's Tomahawk kits. While I don't think it's up to the standard of some of the work shown here it doesn't look too bad from a distance. Had a few disasters along the way. I used Vallejo paint and I wasn't used to the way it dries and ended up with a few mistakes in the finish so I dirtied it up a bit to hide the evidence ;) The outside right leg decal didn't approve and started to crack but not much I could do about it so I'll just have to make sure I position it on the shelf so that it can't be easily seen :o .

post-3605-1268894597_thumb.jpg post-3605-1268894649_thumb.jpg post-3605-1268894699_thumb.jpg

post-3605-1268894749_thumb.jpg post-3605-1268894797_thumb.jpg post-3605-1268894845_thumb.jpg

post-3605-1268894892_thumb.jpg post-3605-1268894946_thumb.jpg post-3605-1268895027_thumb.jpg

post-3605-1268895117_thumb.jpg post-3605-1268895071_thumb.jpg

Edited by thegunny

Looks great! I love all the extra stenciling markings and the firing missles look really cool!

One small suggestion, a nice, fairly strong wash around the bases of the chest missiles will really help to visually seperate them from the body of the mech. Hope that helps.

Now I just have to find time to get one of my Moscato kits built and hope it comes out as good as yours!

Looks great! I love all the extra stenciling markings and the firing missles look really cool!

One small suggestion, a nice, fairly strong wash around the bases of the chest missiles will really help to visually seperate them from the body of the mech. Hope that helps.

Now I just have to find time to get one of my Moscato kits built and hope it comes out as good as yours!

Thanks.

I see what you mean about the missiles. Looking at the model it doesn't look quite as bad as it does under the unforgiving gaze of the camera. Now that I have to wear glasses for close up work it was hard enough painting the missiles without getting any white (almost ;) ) on the base piece so now that its all glued together I don't thing I trust myself to do anything else in case I stuff it up. I have another one that I'd like to do with all the missiles firing (that would fix the problem) but I don't know whether I'll ever find the time to cut each missile from the base piece and do all the other things needed to make it look right.

Yeah, the darn camera can really bring out some stuff that you don't see with the old MK-1 eyeball.

It's nothing to fret over for sure. Just something that I thought you could try out. The kit looks great and having a kit finished is great in and of itself! I know I'm happy when I (rarely) get a kit completed! :lol:

So, what's next on the bench?

It maybe the 1st official day of Spring, but I'm looking at almost 6-8 inches of snow between tonight & tomorrow. Great day to keep working on my VF-2SS+SAP. I ordered some Ball joints & new 1/100 hands for it for much better detail & articulation! B))

So, what's next on the bench?

I've just started the final coat on one of John's Defenders.

Once that's finished it's on to finish an Armorcast Atlas that is beating the snot out of a Clan elemental with an arm he just ripped off of a Mad Dog (Vulture).