Bandai Origin of Valkyrie 1/55 News Thread

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Are you still interested in Chunky Monkeys?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. do they still rule?

• Yes, I'm going to collect the new line and toynami's Robotech updated ones
    • I'm going to buy only Bandai's line
    • I'm only getting the Robotech line with the new heads
    • No I'm over it.

Okay folks Bandai is supposed to show their Origin Of Valkyrie toys at chara hobby expo this weekend, and yet unsurprisingly, I have found no pictures or news. Instead sites are taking pics of the Frontier lines, and VF100s line. Cool, but...come on now, I want chunky news!

Post news, links, and pics here! Anyone can tell a chunky from any other VF-1 toy and model, so its not hard to figure out.

The DYRL Max w/super packs was released recently, as well as Hikaru, and it definitely looks like the prototypes were in ultraviolent white, but the actual production toys are in light grey, like the first two Origin of Valkyrie releases. I can deal with this..I need to see it in person, I do like the grey that was used, but ultraviolent purple looks excellent on the DYRL skull chunkies.

God I hope a Strike, Super O, VF-1D, and ELINT were shown at Chara hobby as future releases!

CHUNKY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And come on when Macrossworld first started, most of the members here were chunky fans. I still am! I am loyal to the chunkiness!

anyone getting?

this is the OFFICIAL dyrl max-1A in 1/55

i can't decide....... wacko.gif and there are so many VFs coming....

I most likely will. Did you notice that its actually in grey as opposed to ultraviolent white? Same with Hikaru, his VF-1A this time around seems grey instead of the ultraviolent white that the 2002 reissue had.

Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed with the grey color Bandai went with. I was never a fan of the fluorescent white that the DYRL Hikaru 1A sported, but I thought that the Super Hikaru 1S nailed it perfectly with its eggshell white color in '02. I've got this one on preorder still and will wait to see it in person before passing final judgement.

Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed with the grey color Bandai went with. I was never a fan of the fluorescent white that the DYRL Hikaru 1A sported, but I thought that the Super Hikaru 1S nailed it perfectly with its eggshell white color in '02. I've got this one on preorder still and will wait to see it in person before passing final judgement.

What I like, is that it has a more militaristic look and makes the skull stand out more. I'll admit, I prefer light grey or ultraviolent purple tinted white to eggshell white.

Haven't seen these for sale anywhere here in HK yet. Either they sold out really quickly, or none of the toy shops bothered stocking them. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the latter, as apart from the Max and Millia, the rest of the 2002 reissues didn't sell well and sat around collecting dust on shelves.

Graham

Haven't seen these for sale anywhere here in HK yet. Either they sold out really quickly, or none of the toy shops bothered stocking them. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the latter, as apart from the Max and Millia, the rest of the 2002 reissues didn't sell well and sat around collecting dust on shelves.

Not sure if a lot of people here are buying them either, as far as I know, me and Toonz have been the only members here to buy an Origin of Valkyrie release.

Graham

i never seen any box of the Max and Millia 2002 issues.

Here's some equal opportunity bitchin' for Bandai, specifically for their Macross marketing team (of perhaps 1 bozo who got rejected for the Gunpla division):

When your 20+ year old toy has been surpassed by a competitor in size, design and features, nostalgia alone cannot ignite fan's desire to buy-in. Where is the inspired move to start with an UNEXPECTED first release? Like the 1D, for example? Instant gratitude and good press. You could probably make more profit from THAT and the DYRL deluxes than the tired (and seemingly endless) milking of the molds that will bore the collectors who already have almost/all the original TT and Bandai releases anyway. We'd still buy the SO, ES, if only for the parts, and even at blatantly exploitative prices. But try me with a 1A, 1ASuper, 1SMax... blah blah blah and you'd just be wasting petroleum. And paper.

But try me with a 1A, 1ASuper, 1SMax... blah blah blah and you'd just be wasting petroleum. And paper.

Drifand you forgot the 1A TV Max type! Combat relevance man! Combat relevance>flashy looks. Seems like both Yamato, and Bandai always go for the flashier valks for Max, and everyone else, which Max valk is always released? DYRL. Which one comes out after? TV. Which one is the most important yet is only now being made as an extremely limited run release? The TV 1A.

What I do like is that the 1A from DYRL now has grey on Max..grey does go good with blue, but as said earlier I am partial towards ultraviolent white.

Like the 1D, for example?

Hell yea!

A 1/55 STRIKE HIKARU to go with my 1/48 and soon-to-be-released 1/60 V.2.......man, I would be in VALKYRIE heaven ^_^ !

A remake of this figure would be GREAT! I have pieced together my own over the years. It's almost complete.

:ph34r: