The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

I for one, would prefer a hollow Monster with as little features as good poseability and opening cockpit. Maybe even a revealing engine but that's it. There's no point in making a huge Monster crammed with features and details if the cost of the many molds and the weight makes it unaffordable.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

What Yamato should have done was the build a figure option like what Marvel Legends did with the Sentinel and Galactus

Include 1 piece of an extra large figure with each individual figure.

All 4 destroids = 4 pieces it could have been divided up into

or maybe amongst 4 destroids, a regult and a glaug

Edited by chowyunskinny

What Yamato should have done was the build a figure option like what Marvel Legends did with the Sentinel and Galactus

Include 1 piece of an extra large figure with each individual figure.

All 4 destroids = 4 pieces it could have been divided up into

or maybe amongst 4 destroids, a regult and a glaug

Funny you should mention this. Remember that Tomy Macross trading figure set? The secret figure was the Monster which was completed from parts that came with each of the other trading figures. I have a couple of them. Not the best looking Monster, but still pretty cool.

Funny you should mention this. Remember that Tomy Macross trading figure set? The secret figure was the Monster which was completed from parts that came with each of the other trading figures. I have a couple of them. Not the best looking Monster, but still pretty cool.

oh yeah, that's right, I have those too

Thanks for reminding me Sidearms, I might have to go dig those up

Just an FYI, I made a quick post of observations on the Weathering Edition Tomahawk. Check it out by clicking here, teaser pic below:

Thanks for the review Jenius.

Your point about the decals is a good point. However from the picture that you posted of the decals the colors do look a bit subdued. That may be the lighting from the photo. But it looked to me like the whites were gray and the yellows were mustard and the reds were on the maroon side. Could you confirm? Thanks.

Yes, the color of the stickers are more subdued... so I guess i could have worded that better. The problem still remains that if there was a black residue over the armor it would also be over the decals, not below them. Still, it's a minor gripe.

Yes, the color of the stickers are more subdued... so I guess i could have worded that better. The problem still remains that if there was a black residue over the armor it would also be over the decals, not below them. Still, it's a minor gripe.

Totally good point. It would still look a bit silly huh?

Double post.

EDIT - Miriya, I've added a comment to the post with a credit to you. -

Cool. Thanks.

I really enjoy my Weathering Edition Tomahawk. The weathering is scraping off on both hips just below the hip overhangs but I supposed I could fix that up with a little gunk.

I've never put on decals to this point but if I start I can always put some of that same gunk (fireplace soot?) over the decals once they're applied with a Q-tip. I wouldn't have to worry about it coming off as these pricey toys will not be getting played with.

Just an FYI, I made a quick post of observations on the Weathering Edition Tomahawk.

Weathering%20Tomahawk%205.jpg

Eeek. That doesn't look like weathering, that sorts of look like a glancing kiss from a laser.... Pass. And if the weathering do rub off, it's somewhat not worth the cash IMO. I'll stick with my pair. Thanks for the review!

Hey Jenius, is the antenna on the weathered one metal or same as the clean version? I read somewhere here that the OD version has a metal antenna.

Loving the attention to detail on the Defender. The detailed gun muzzles, the 78mm rounds visible in the magazines, the ammo belt visible through the arm pits, the moveable main sensor, the use of transluscent plastics for the red sensors on the guns.....all these small touches really add up and make this a great toy.

Graham

Thats a fancy custom B)) . I'm going to wait alittle while to get a defender, knowing Yamato in a month or so they will show a color scheme better than what we have now.

...And an exclusive, website members only, weathered version.

i know i keep saying this in here, but these are truly tempting.....but so pricey for what you get. These cost me almost as much as a v2 VF-1.... within $40/50 anyway.

Dont suppose anyone wants to sell me their ground crews? :D:D:D

I think my defender from HLJ with SAL was something like $132.00 USD. That is a lot. Too much for sure. This will probably be the only destroid that I get though unless/until the phlanx and spartan go on 50% off sale at HLJ which may be a year or two down the line?

Got my OD Tomahawk yesterday (yeah, I couldn't wait, so kill me).

Quick question: Is it supposed to come with two sets of stickers, or just one? I only got the special OD sheet with all the white stickers on it, but the main ones like the triangles for the missile hatches and UN Spacy markings weren't on it, so it seemed to me that they would include the standard sheet too, but it wasn't in there. :unsure:

Got my OD Tomahawk yesterday (yeah, I couldn't wait, so kill me).

Quick question: Is it supposed to come with two sets of stickers, or just one? I only got the special OD sheet with all the white stickers on it, but the main ones like the triangles for the missile hatches and UN Spacy markings weren't on it, so it seemed to me that they would include the standard sheet too, but it wasn't in there. :unsure:

I don't have the OD version, but I think it should have two sticker sheets..., isn't it?

マーキングステッカー×2

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1243

Thanks. Actually I just got off the phone with Yamato, and yeah, they said it should come with two. So I told them I didn't get my "regular versions" and they're going to send me some.

You know what. Every one of the last three Yamato toys I have bought have had some kind of issue, this, the SV-51 which I had to send back because of its exploding legs (see the respective thread) and the silver Garland's Shogo figure, which has two right shoulders.

I should really put them on speed dial. I do find it odd that every time I phone them someone different answers, though. Then again, with all the problems surrounding their products, I gather they need a large staff to man every station.

Sigh.

A-

"Could do better".

Toy itself is awesome, though. B))

Thanks. Actually I just got off the phone with Yamato, and yeah, they said it should come with two. So I told them I didn't get my "regular versions" and they're going to send me some.

You know what. Every one of the last three Yamato toys I have bought have had some kind of issue, this, the SV-51 which I had to send back because of its exploding legs (see the respective thread) and the silver Garland's Shogo figure, which has two right shoulders.

I should really put them on speed dial. I do find it odd that every time I phone them someone different answers, though. Then again, with all the problems surrounding their products, I gather they need a large staff to man every station.

Sigh.

A-

"Could do better".

Toy itself is awesome, though. B))

Seems they have pretty good customer service though, I give them that! Here in the US, exploding original Garland shoulders were completely replaced with new fixed units with just a simple email. I expected to at least pay shipping, but no! I've heard of BGC MotoSlaves just being completely replaced, sight unseen without requiring the defective unit back, by all new ones MISB.

Vostok 7

Right... Except for that normal working weekday when I phoned several times and finally, someone who I guess was the cleaner or something, answered with "Wot? Nah, can't help ya, I think they're closed today, bye."

Yeah, he would have been cockney if he spoke English.

....All in all, yeah, I agree, they DO have good customer service. But then, they need to.

EDIT -- disclaimer

Edited by Renato

Destroids showed up today in all of their sweetness! :lol:

FYI: OD green is awesome and pictures do not do it justice. Defender yellow is OK but if they offer a OD green defender I have to get one!

post-9075-1231871747_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1231871786_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1231871822_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Oh and Frankin mechs..... I think I am too bored at work today. :rolleyes: Sorry about the quality I took these with my Blackberry.

post-9075-1231875607_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1231875623_thumb.jpg

Logos!

Thank you for those pics! I was wondering if the Tomohawk arms could fit on the Defender. That is my favorite!!!

My defender is in the mail but the question now is where am I going to get a set of (original colored) Tomohawk arms?!! I wonder if someone would do a recast?