Pics of Yamato's booth at Summer Wonderfest 08

chowyunskinny

Also in case you don't know already, yamato released the Hikaru VF-1J as a limited 1 run combo pack that included TV shaped + coloured Super/FP's.

And they are doing the same with the V.2 1/60's! :)

Is this an attempt to make sure the 1J sells? Does this support the theory our Japanese bro's really are only interested in DYRL? stuff?

gak! limited release? So I better have mine reserved as early as now :)

Yeah, I did notice that, the DYRL gets more exposure than the SDF TV. It could be that much of the VF paint scemes, variants, and accessories in DYRL are much more interesting than those in the TV series f.e. ElintSeeker > Funny Chinese, Strike Parts > Super Parts, Super Ostrich > VT-1D, etc.

That is an interesting theory. Was DYRL? more popular in Japan than SDFM?

I think so, Bandai, Hasegawa, and Yamato releases tend to be DYRL-centric during the launch of each line. Everytime a Macross flashback is in a new Macross anime, its usually DYRL-esque. When Yamato launched their first 1/60 line, and later their 1/48 line, their first 3 releases were the Skull trio from DYRL. Even b!tch ass Kakizaki's valk got made...OVER MAX'S TV TYPE VF-1A. A VALK WITH MORE COMBAT SIGNIFICANCE?

It puzzles me, but yes I think our japanese brothers love DYRL.

I hope we see more pics.....this is irritating not finding much coverage.

Yeah, I did notice that, the DYRL gets more exposure than the SDF TV. It could be that much of the VF paint scemes, variants, and accessories in DYRL are much more interesting than those in the TV series f.e. ElintSeeker > Funny Chinese, Strike Parts > Super Parts, Super Ostrich > VT-1D, etc.

Thing is, the usual suspect for first release are all the same in deco, just different heads and trim(skull squadron for DYRL). To me, that gets boring quick. Sure there are significant appearances by them in DYRL, Roy's being most important, Hikaru's Strike memorable towards the end, Max's Skull 1 being more significant than his 1A in the beginning of DYRL, and Hikaru's 1A for disobeying Misa and saving Minmay. Yet if one were to compare these character's valkyries in DYRL to their TV counterparts, their TV versions look more unique, and they did more in them than in DYRL(except for Roy).

In some respect DYRL has the more realistic aspect going for it, in that all of them are part of the same squadron and each valkyrie has minimal difference per character, usually just trim changes.

I'd agree with your theory if the Super O, and Elint were released first, but almost always the first release is a DYRL skull squadron VF-1, whether Roy's skull 1, or Hikaru's Skull 11.

Thing is, the usual suspect for first release are all the same in deco, just different heads and trim(skull squadron for DYRL). To me, that gets boring quick. Sure there are significant appearances by them in DYRL, Roy's being most important, Hikaru's Strike memorable towards the end, Max's Skull 1 being more significant than his 1A in the beginning of DYRL, and Hikaru's 1A for disobeying Misa and saving Minmay. Yet if one were to compare these character's valkyries in DYRL to their TV counterparts, their TV versions look more unique, and they did more in them than in DYRL(except for Roy).

In some respect DYRL has the more realistic aspect going for it, in that all of them are part of the same squadron and each valkyrie has minimal difference per character, usually just trim changes.

I'd agree with your theory if the Super O, and Elint were released first, but almost always the first release is a DYRL skull squadron VF-1, whether Roy's skull 1, or Hikaru's Skull 11.

true that. i also realized something. Macross 7 closely follows DYRL more than the SDF TV. For one, exodol in 7 is in DYRL form than the TV series looks. Also, one of the Macross 7 encore episodes states that Exodol never underwent micromization, which is true in DYRL but is in stark contrast to the TV as he underwent micronization there.

I missed out on the 1/48 TV Hikaru the first time around and it is very hard to find these days. So I am especially excited about this specific 1/60 release.

I missed out on getting him with his special Booby Ducks....but I won't this time around. It will be nice to put a 1/60 next to my 1/48.

:ph34r:

I just sent payment to HLJ for the non-fast pack Roy 1S in anticipation of getting the TV fast packs separately. :D

Besides, I know that the Roy 1S will be mostly displayed without the fast packs, so I didn't see the point in buying the fast pack bundle.

-Kyp

Will we be getting a separate TV FPs pack? :lol: must...resist...getting...another...Roy....

I expected the post creator to have a compilation of photos of Yamato's booth but i'm sorely disappointed by that lone pic. :(

Hey man, I sifted through pages and pages of loli and tentacle sex garage kit pics to bring you those two pics. Seems like all the otaku were too busy pervin out on jailbait to bring us some good Valk pics.

By the way Wolfx, where's yer boy Tokyo Hunter's coverage?

This is great news. Been waiting for this post for a while... :D

My only concern is the white plastic, and my fear that it will yellow like my 1/48 1J... :(

Other than that, this will be my first 1/60...

Now bring on the 1J Stealth and Low vis. :)

Here's an inquiry: Why does the 1J have a higher price tag than the current 1/60's? Could it have additional accessories, like a stand perhaps?

It is the same price as the fast pack version of VF-1S and VF-1A - 13440 yen after tax.

Here's an inquiry: Why does the 1J have a higher price tag than the current 1/60's? Could it have additional accessories, like a stand perhaps?

Damn, I hope they didn't hike the price like that just for those side covers? :blink:

Damn again, October release... :(