YF-21 HEEEEEELLLLLP

nugundamII

Ok Guys this is embarrassing

I am one of those guys that never reads the instructions cause I think I don't need them. Well Guess what!!! I DO! So I need your help.

I have managed to get the plane transformed from the robot mode in to the plane mode but i broke off a piece and I cant get the panels to stay

Can you help tell me what I did wrong and what that missing piece is from. I looked the plane over good and I just cant figure out where it popped off from

I have attached pictures

Thanks

post-4512-1217647078_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1217647215_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1217647145_thumb.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

I had that problem too. It's not broken the small piece poped out form the arm, take a look under the tailfin. (I think this hapened to you just like me, trying to remove the fastpack from the arm)

• 4 months later...

I got my YF-21 yesterday and was just awing over it in Fighter mode. I didn't do anything, no transformation... and a piece like that came out of nowhere... so I cannot find where it came from in Fighter mode... I will try and look at the arms as suggested.

Hope it is not broken.

Thanks,

G

It's not - it's probably the exact same piece as what Nugundam II was talking about at the beginning of the thread. Happened to me too.

I think it is a big plus that Yamato has gone the Hasbro/Takara route where "some pieces are designed to come off and be re-attached" - much better than having things break.

Anyways - this happened to me too. No biggie once you realize the the piece is from the underarm/tail fin and just pop it back in.

Enjoy your lovely bird :)

Pete

I was thinking that part looked familiar. It's the piece holding in the rear stabilizers to the arm in Fighter mode. It's because you had been moving the stabilizer fins, and they gradually worked themselves outwards, hence popping the piece loose.

It's not broken or anything, just press it back in and it's fine. It's actually a bit hard to break a YF-21, but I'm sure somebody will try...

Ugh, that sucks :(

What mode was it stored in when that happened? I'm guessing fighter since that's where the stress could possibly be while the legs are stowed away.

Maybe you could get a quote for a replacement part from overdrive?

It was as Batroid.

I have just sent an e-mail to overdrive asking for a replacement part, i'm really hoping they could help me u_u

Yeah, I noticed some similar cracks/stress marks in the same spot with one of my -21's.

I think regular wear-and-tear from transformations and taking the legs off for limit-break mode definitely make that particular area very susceptible to stress marks and cracks.

Yeah, I noticed some similar cracks/stress marks in the same spot with one of my -21's.

I think regular wear-and-tear from transformations and taking the legs off for limit-break mode definitely make that particular area very susceptible to stress marks and cracks.

Funny thing my 1/72 has none of that and I have transformed it a billzillion times. I have yet to take a look at my 1/60 but im scared. reading the Bandi Thread makes me happier with all the small flaws of the VF 25's that Bandi is making them but time will tell. Maybe Yamato should go back to 1/72 and diecast as there y-19 hasnt broke nor has my vf-1

Footnote: I really like the Patlabor mecha and when I saw Yamatos version I was pleased and really wanted it. I have recently purchased a GGGG and GFG and i just touched the wing feather of gadget gao and it broke were the screw is???? How craptastic is that. Such a nice mech but shoddy work, I digress, Anyhoo so I was in no mind to buy the CM's version of Patlabor but for 300 for a Yammie one that doesnt transform I think was a bit much! considering all the QCs they have. So I went the middle ground and got the WHAM 1/48 version and WOW!!!! really good design engineering nothing broke, and I like the rubber better than the cloth because it looks more realistic! I will post the review with pics in the appropriate thread soon.

PS never dealt with overdrive. Does have replacement parts for CMs gaogaigar stuff

Maybe Yamato should go back to 1/72 and diecast as there y-19 hasnt broke nor has my vf-1

you sir are one lucky man. My VF-19A is missing about 75~80% of the paint on the legs and is a floppy mess with an arm that falls off if you look at it. then there's my VF-1 which had it's backpack snap off, one of the nose gear wheels snapped off while it was just sitting on a table; and did I mention paint chipping?

and then there's the fact that the sculpt on these look like ass.

if there's one thing I'm glad yamato did was get away form diecast and go to CAD design.

After going back to transform my YF-21 back from battloid to fighter mode I ran into some hiccups along the way as I totally forgot how to transform the thing since I first had it... The good thing is that the toy is designed in such a way that its very hard for ne pieces to break as it is made of sturdy ABS plastic... Not only that but all the integral parts of the YF-21's transformation is made in such a way that the pieces will give in or collapse if too much pressure is applied to them. Thankfully most of these pieces are also snap fit so if you mess up you can attach them to the pegs again.

This toy is a marvel of toy engineering IMO... It is very high quality and designed so well... props to yamato on this one as it is almost break proof! B))