Who is going to die in Macross Frontier???

taksraven

So it's okay to see nearly all VF-171 pilots being blow up and not main characters ? :unsure: Sorry to say that, but THIS IS WAR, PEOPLE DIE !!! Main characters have no right to stay alive if nearly everybody end up dead at the end. That's cold from my part I admit that, but this is the painful reality of war. Macross with Macross F has the chance to show us what Gundam forgot since Zeta : In war, everybody is equal. In war, the notion of "heroe" and "super mecha" do not exist. In war, everyday you live is a gift from the universe. Macross F need to show us that like "24" and Jack Bauer are doing now.

Huh...? What did that have to do with my paraphrasing the Zambot 3 theme...?

My predictions are…

Short term:

Michael isn’t dead, but he comes back partially paralyzed and can no longer fly. Klan goes berserker, kills everything, and comes out alive.

Nanase ends up in a coma from her injuries and never wakes up. :mellow:

Long term:

Grace dies (obviously) ^_^

Brera dies (who’s surprised there) <_<

Leon dies (I’m thinking gets ripped apart by a Vajra) :lol:

Bobby, the captain, and all the bridge bunnies die when the Quarter suicide rams a Vajra capital ship (Grace may or may not end up dyeing with them)

Canaria dies (blown up in one hit while flying into battle, nothing flashy or badass, just dead)

Ranka dies (well, not so much die as something along the lines of what happend to sara at the end of zero)

And finally…

Alto dies

:ph34r:

Edited by anime52k8

My predictions are…

Short term:

Michael isn’t dead, but he comes back partially paralyzed and can no longer fly. Klan goes berserker, kills everything, and comes out alive.

He could come back as a near-veggie and then later die on the deathbed, again kicking us in the nuts. But he wouldn't really have any last words left anymore as he has already confessed his love to Klan.

I think we'll have a few more major character deaths, but not nearly as many as everyone here keeps speculating.

On the other hand, the entire Frontier fleet (and everyone in it) could end up being destroyed, with just Ranka flying off into the the sunset as a sole survivor, and leaving a big question mark for follow-up generations.

I'm rather glad some of you aren't in charge of Macross. :lol:

Believe it or not the best way to tell a story isn't typically to KILL THEM ALL!

I dunno. Shakespeare did pretty well with it.

But yeah...Macross has never been a series with a high character body count. And I'd rather go into the ending thinking that the majority of characters will live (and possibly be surprised) than to go in thinking everyone's going to die (and end up thinking the show is too namby-pamby).

I'm rather glad some of you aren't in charge of Macross. :lol:

Believe it or not the best way to tell a story isn't typically to KILL THEM ALL!

It seems you haven't seen Tomino's IdeON (1980), which he made after Gundam (1978). The creators of EvangeliON (1995) were influenced by it a lot... The original SDF Macross (1982) was influenced by it a lot too...

:rolleyes:

Bobby, the captain, and all the bridge bunnies die when the Quarter suicide rams a Vajra capital ship (Grace may or may not end up dyeing with them)

Highly unlikely, since Grace seems to be on the bridge of the Battle Frontier during battle, not the Quarter... I predict Leon will get wasted in the Battle Frontier when Ozma rams its bridge after Leon has the Quarter destroyed with all hands onboard...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Highly unlikely, since Grace seems to be on the bridge of the Battle Frontier during battle, not the Quarter... I predict Leon will get wasted in the Battle Frontier when Ozma rams its bridge after Leon has the Quarter destroyed with all hands onboard...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You may be right.

crap.

My predictions are…

Short term:

Nanase ends up in a coma from her injuries and never wakes up. :mellow:

Long term:

Grace dies (obviously) ^_^

Brera dies (who’s surprised there) <_<

Leon dies (I’m thinking gets ripped apart by a Vajra) :lol:

Canaria dies (blown up in one hit while flying into battle, nothing flashy or badass, just dead)

Ranka dies (well, not so much die as something along the lines of what happend to sara at the end of zero)

And finally…

Alto dies

:ph34r:

No death for Cathy, Ozma, Sheryl and Luca ? :unsure:

I definitely think that Klan is going to go out in a blaze of glory in episode 21 or 22.

Then perhaps as she lays dying, she'll find out that Mikhail is still alive, saved at the last moment by Brera.

Mikhail once recovered will then go insane with rage and die in a suicide attack on a Vajra carrier (or some such heroic type death).

And I also think that Brera will definitely end up killing Grace and probably die in doing so.

Graham

LOL? Romeo and Juliet in space. Oops...zomeo and zoliet. :lol:

I definitely think that Klan is going to go out in a blaze of glory in episode 21 or 22.

Then perhaps as she lays dying, she'll find out that Mikhail is still alive, saved at the last moment by Brera.

Mikhail once recovered will then go insane with rage and die in a suicide attack on a Vajra carrier (or some such heroic type death).

Graham

Make that in cycle with Klan-Michel clone, I bet the war would end more quickly, the problem is the casualty list will be full of Klan #3, Michel#4, Klan #4, Michel#5, etc. :lol:

I don't know if there will be a second season and it looks like everybody think there will not be one ( If Sheryl dies, a second season will be a flop :) )

So if there isn't a second season, I think Ranka has high chances to die at the end.

She isn't the one responsible for the catastrophe but didnt' act like Sheryl said, a pro. Sheryl taked the role of the songstress in episode 20.

I don't know what they can do with Ranka for putting her in,( obviously it was supposed to be her role in the serie but it failed with an imposing Sheryl), the character who learn from his mistakes and transforms into a hero or a likeable character( for those who Ranka= heroine is unbelievable).

Since episode 12 ,13 I didn't see a turnaround in her character. With 5 episode to go, this is likely impossible to catch up next to Sheryl's total change in her character.

She can't end up like Minmay by ending the war in singing to after disappear and that's all, Frontier is safe, people live even if they barely died...

But this could happen until the two last episode.

People in Frontier thinks now she is an impostor because didn't do anything. Even if she wants to stop beeing a tool this is a bit late.

Her death seems the only way to make an epic end with a fantastic twist in her character.

Sheryl is already dying( many think she will live thought) so it will not be surprising.

So at the end, she dies, Alto and sheryl live .

Or a barely alive Minmay in her 60's lands from the SDF 2 with Miku at the controls and save the day :lol:

rewatched ep20 to psyche myself for tomorrow's episode (and nearly choked up again. damn that diamond crevasse song. gets me all the time)

this time around, i noticed sheryl latched onto something canaria's husband said: "Give up my life"

then she started singing..

on the otherhand, a ranka sacrificial death might be interesting for a redemption twist, but somehow i don't see it in her character. though she might "go away" in a different manner, taking the vajra with her.

I don't know if there will be a second season and it looks like everybody think there will not be one ( If Sheryl dies, a second season will be a flop :) )

The story is about a love triangle, you can't have a love triangle without Sheryl, that would be jumping the shark.

Sheryl could have a clone sister, though :lol: (here comes Fairy 10)

She isn't the one responsible for the catastrophe but didnt' act like Sheryl said, a pro. Sheryl taked the role of the songstress in episode 20.

I think being a pro has a higher chance to get you killed :p In most anime series the unexperienced main character lives, while the veterans die :ph34r:

I don't know what they can do with Ranka for putting her in,( obviously it was supposed to be her role in the serie but it failed with an imposing Sheryl), the character who learn from his mistakes and transforms into a hero or a likeable character( for those who Ranka= heroine is unbelievable).

I think her role is supposed to be "the underdog that makes a succesful victory rush", as suggested by the second OP :ph34r:

As for characters who are going to die, the authors obviously chose to invert survivors from the original series. As much as everything screams that Ozma is likely to die, logic tells me authors will keep him alive for a change. I think Bobby will die in his place to shield him from an attack.

FV

on the otherhand, a ranka sacrificial death might be interesting for a redemption twist, but somehow i don't see it in her character. though she might "go away" in a different manner, taking the vajra with her.

I though about it too she's like the main character in the story even if she isn't the only one anymore. She is the one who had more screentime since day one. The whole story turns around her with Grace,Sheryl Alto around. So a Ranka dead at the end might also be the climax of the story.

This could explain why a second season is not planned except the financial question.

Killing her will be really surprising and unexpected.

What I mean is that , like in LOGH, Reinhard death was the continuation of his character. He killed many people even if it was for a good cause :rolleyes: ,...

He was the main character and I don't know for you but I though he would died in a battle not in his bed... I know, LOGH has nothing to do with Macross and Reinhard has nothing in common with ranka (He is by far superior in all way I'm the first to admit it) but it crossed my mind...

I think the same for Ranka but hope you're right about a Ranka who takes flight with the vajra or simply goes peacefully.

The story is about a love triangle, you can't have a love triangle without Sheryl, that would be jumping the shark.

Sheryl could have a clone sister, though :lol: (here comes Fairy 10)

Sheryl could have a clone sister :lol: Well come to think of it this may be her cure ? ^_^

I think being a pro has a higher chance to get you killed :p In most anime series the unexperienced main character lives, while the veterans die :ph34r:

Right.

I think her role is supposed to be "the underdog that makes a succesful victory rush", as suggested by the second OP :ph34r:

As for characters who are going to die, the authors obviously chose to invert survivors from the original series. As much as everything screams that Ozma is likely to die, logic tells me authors will keep him alive for a change. I think Bobby will die in his place to shield him from an attack.

FV

Even if she leads frontier to victory at the end, realizes her mistakes, that alto isn't the only thing she can lead on... even if she does it , I hope they give her a radical change. Well I'm not leaving the ship , I like Ranka's character more than Sheryl but in the last episode... she wasn't at her best. And the time is running out ? But I hope you guys are right and I'm totally wrong this time .

I think exactly the same for Bobby. Sad , Ozma will at least confess to him like Michel with Klan... :unsure:

I think the same for Ranka but hope you're right about a Ranka who takes flight with the vajra or simply goes peacefully.

I believe we may see a Macross Zero type ending with Ranka becoming the new Vajra Queen to heal/save Sheryl and then dying inside the Vajra hive while saving Frontier from the final attack by Macross Galaxy/G.R.A.C.E.... Maybe Ranka will become fused with Ai-Kun or will get assimilated in a Birdman style cockpit... or something... :wacko:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I though about it too she's like the main character in the story even if she isn't the only one anymore. She is the one who had more screentime since day one. The whole story turns around her with Grace,Sheryl Alto around. So a Ranka dead at the end might also be the climax of the story.

This could explain why a second season is not planned except the financial question.

I think the second season was not planned from the start because this kind of things can mess up the story badly (ie: Taniguchi on Geass). Code Geass got a second season because that was a probability from the start, had the series got enough success (although it was not decided whether it would have been a second season, an OVA or a movie). Gundam 00 was two seasons from the start.

We don't even know how many episodes Macross Frontier we got, but the episodes seem to be planned too throughly to be extended on a whim, plus we've already got

the death of a major character and no replacement in sight for him

After episode 20 I could even picture a Sheryl that goes with the Vajra (in place of Ranka) out of her sense of duty :ph34r:

I highly doubt one of the two main girls will die, especially Ranka since she seems to have the protection of the Vajra :ph34r: (in ep. 20 Grace mentioned something like that)

Even if she leads frontier to victory at the end, realizes her mistakes, that alto isn't the only thing she can lead on... even if she does it , I hope they give her a radical change. Well I'm not leaving the ship , I like Ranka's character more than Sheryl but in the last episode... she wasn't at her best. And the time is running out ? But I hope you guys are right and I'm totally wrong this time .

I think Macross Frontier is 28 episodes, and is roughly divisible in 7 episode arcs. With episode 8 we got the subplot about Grace being a spy, while with episode 15 we got Ranka used as a weapon. The next big change will be introduced with episode 22, but we should already see something in episode 21. It seems likely Ranka will regain her memory, although what that would mean it is still to be known.

Anyway, Kawamori said he put special care in balancing Ranka and Sheryl, and he is directing both episode 20 and 21. If you think Ranka fell short in episode 20, the next episode should even things out :)

I must say, though, that Ranka's poor figure was vastly exagerated by shippers. Before Macross Frontier I watched Gundam and Evangelion, can't beat those :D

FV

I believe we may see a Macross Zero type ending with Ranka becoming the new Vajra Queen to heal/save Sheryl and then dying inside the Vajra hive while saving Frontier from the final attack by Macross Galaxy/G.R.A.C.E.... Maybe Ranka will become fused with Ai-Kun or will get assimilated in a Birdman style cockpit... or something... :wacko:

Maybe Ranka will become fused with Ai-Kun or will get assimilated in a Birdman style cockpit... or something... :wacko:

:wacko: << Indeed :lol:

I don't even want to thiink of what she will look like....

Or maybe she will go berserk and Alto will have to kill her... No, seriously, I think episode 21/22 are needed to know more about the glowing belly and mostly her past . ;)

I think the second season was not planned from the start because this kind of things can mess up the story badly (ie: Taniguchi on Geass). Code Geass got a second season because that was a probability from the start, had the series got enough success (although it was not decided whether it would have been a second season, an OVA or a movie). Gundam 00 was two seasons from the start.

We don't even know how many episodes Macross Frontier we got, but the episodes seem to be planned too throughly to be extended on a whim, plus we've already got

After episode 20 I could even picture a Sheryl that goes with the Vajra (in place of Ranka) out of her sense of duty :ph34r:

I highly doubt one of the two main girls will die, especially Ranka since she seems to have the protection of the Vajra :ph34r: (in ep. 20 Grace mentioned something like that)

I think Macross Frontier is 28 episodes, and is roughly divisible in 7 episode arcs. With episode 8 we got the subplot about Grace being a spy, while with episode 15 we got Ranka used as a weapon. The next big change will be introduced with episode 22, but we should already see something in episode 21. It seems likely Ranka will regain her memory, although what that would mean it is still to be known.

Anyway, Kawamori said he put special care in balancing Ranka and Sheryl, and he is directing both episode 20 and 21. If you think Ranka fell short in episode 20, the next episode should even things out :) *

I must say, though, that Ranka's poor figure was vastly exagerated by shippers. Before Macross Frontier I watched Gundam and Evangelion, can't beat those :D

EDIT: * but I say this without having read spoilers.

FV

So Taniguchi sadly entered in the show biz world...

I don't know that much about Code Geass since I dropped after the eight first episode :rolleyes: ... I heard about the second season too and.....

I said Ranka death might explain the absence of a second season but I even though like you: it wasn't planned since the beginning.

I don't know who could replaced him thought, Luca isn't going to Mikhailized soon. I don't expect much from him thought. But who know it could be a ...shock.

I'm not sure they will want her, thought :D She better stay away from them if she want to make it until the end, she may be the songstress but there is only one queen.

The final episode which everyone is looking forward to will give us the answer. Well if they will make it until the end

Anyway, Kawamori said he put special care in balancing Ranka and Sheryl, and he is directing both episode 20 and 21. If you think Ranka fell short in episode 20, the next episode should even things out :)

FV

I also think her memory, her past is the key to all this confused mind of mine...

If you think Ranka fell short in episode 20, the next episode should even things out :) At last !

I must say, though, that Ranka's poor figure was vastly exagerated by shippers <<Why do I sense you're a fan of her chara design too ?! :lol:

Gundam ?! You're harsh here ! Except the noses they were fine. :lol: you should take a look at Gundoh Musashi Evangelion and Gundam are a walkover next to that.

While I'm a huge Sheryl fan, I do put my money on her dying.

She's the type of girl who would sing her song till the end (in a beautifull duet with Ranka) then smile once and just die there on the spot (you know, falling over in slow motion eyes closed, with a tear running down her cheek). Though I'm hoping for a happy SherylxAlto ending (sorry to all the Ranka fans :p).

Ooh and if Klan doesn't buy the farm in the next few episodes then this serie will really surprise me....... again :ph34r:

Ooh and if Klan doesn't buy the farm in the next few episodes then this serie will really surprise me....... again :ph34r:

Michel died for Klan it will be a huge waste if she dies as well. She better lives .

I'm a on the few who think of a possible death for Ranka and one of the few who hope/think about a RankaxAlto ending ?

OMG, MY EYES :blink: WTF?

Don't ask me ! :lol: But I do love all comic stuff even if it wasn't that much intented at the beginning...

and we'll get to see a geriatric Hikaru kicking Vajra ass in his VF-4? :lol:

Too good to be true ?! :D

Well 01am Good night! My brain can't keep up anymore.... ;)

While I'm a huge Sheryl fan, I do put my money on her dying.

She's the type of girl who would sing her song till the end (in a beautifull duet with Ranka) then smile once and just die there on the spot (you know, falling over in slow motion eyes closed, with a tear running down her cheek). Though I'm hoping for a happy SherylxAlto ending (sorry to all the Ranka fans :p).

and during the mid-song instrumental sheryl would seem to wobble and falter due to her condition, but she would just shake it off and catch her breath, then be at performance level again when the chorus rolls in, and belt out the last long note til the end.

i'm not looking forward to it, but from when sheryl sneezed at the poolside, i can't shake the thought. in this case, i'd be perfectly happy to be ridiculed that i was wrong.

keep hope alive guys... keep hope alive. if SK kills Sheryl, I might never be able to watch macross again. well.. maybe the old stuff, but after frontier, any future installments might be dead to me if she bites it. I suppose it all depends on how he kills her, if he does.