Who is going to die in Macross Frontier???

taksraven

no matter how the aliens treated us first we must make nice with them in the end

Either this or you die because your weapons will be useless :ph34r:

Well...Tomino wrote his "Kill 'Em All" stuff when he was suffering from serious depression...

It seems Mamoru Nagano stole Tomino the girl he liked, and that was the source of his depression :lol:

Luca's a goner. Nanase is going to wake up from her coma and not even notice he's gone.

I suspect the scene will be different. Luca was there when Nanase woke up and summed up what happened lately.

Nanase: You did WHAT to Ranka?!? :blink:

Then Luca was killed with an uzi hidden under the pillow :ph34r:

FV

Luca's a goner. Nanase is going to wake up from her coma and not even notice he's gone.

BURRRRNNNNN!!!

Oh come on, Luca has to confess to Nanase before he dies.

well, i guess he could write a note or leave a voicemail or send a text message...

or an email...

Seriously though he's gotta fess up to Nanase.

Or maybe his feelings go no further than the love of her immense, disproportionate gabonzas.

Whats hate got to do with it?

Ranka is way too cute to be vaporized by Macross Quarter or Battle Frontier main cannon. Wishing death by main cannons for cute people mean you hate them. However, I can see Sheryl being the victim of both main cannons since she is not really that cute.

Edited by Macross007

Ranka is way too cute to be vaporized by Macross Quarter or Battle Frontier main cannon. Wishing death by main cannons for cute people mean you hate them. However, I can see Sheryl being the victim of both main cannons since she is not really that cute.

But she's hot and sexy...and wishing death by main cannons for hot, sexy people usually means that they dumped you for some millionaire race-car-driving fashion photographer. ^_^

BURRRRNNNNN!!!

Oh come on, Luca has to confess to Nanase before he dies.

well, i guess he could write a note or leave a voicemail or send a text message...

or an email...

Seriously though he's gotta fess up to Nanase.

Or maybe his feelings go no further than the love of her immense, disproportionate gabonzas.

A Luca fan? :huh:

Hmm, I guess I put it to words a bit viciously. But I still think he's going to die. His luck for having associated with Leon.

I hate to say it, but I still think Sheryl is going to get absorbed into the Vajra hivemind or something like it. I keep looking at the OP for Lion and while I guess the clip where she gets dragged into the pit by red ribbons could mean figurative death (or refer to her fall from grace), I just keepthinking it's a Kawamori type gesture to just slip someone through some kind of reality-altering existence ._. (I'm still WTF-ing over Escaflowne.)

I hate to say it, but I still think Sheryl is going to get absorbed into the Vajra hivemind or something like it. I keep looking at the OP for Lion and while I guess the clip where she gets dragged into the pit by red ribbons could mean figurative death (or refer to her fall from grace), I just keepthinking it's a Kawamori type gesture to just slip someone through some kind of reality-altering existence ._. (I'm still WTF-ing over Escaflowne.)

:lol: Clever. Very.

Especially if it was unintentional.

That said...I really, REALLY think that most if not all of the "good guy" characters are going to survive.

Because it'll make it that much more shocking to me if they don't... :ph34r:

:lol: Clever. Very.

Especially if it was unintentional.

That said...I really, REALLY think that most if not all of the "good guy" characters are going to survive.

Because it'll make it that much more shocking to me if they don't... :ph34r:

Hear Hear.

Though I'd say Ozma still has a chance to kick it. What better way than by rescuing Ranka? Maybe the captain of the Quarter, or some other low-level character. Nothing like stuffing people i the fridge for drama. Though I still think everyone who's going to die has already. Barring Leon and Grace. I even won't be surprised if Sheryl pulls through, through some Vajra miracle, or at least is said to last past the end credits. The v-virus might not even be as fatal as we're lead to believe. Though I'd applaud Kawamori if he has the balls to do it, given her rampant and, at times, irrational fanbase.

Mmm. I've been kicking this around since last night after looking at the script for 22 , and the issue of the switched blood samples by Grace has never been satisfactorily resolved in my mind.

It makes me think that it's possible that the v-type infeciton perception could be all based on the switched blood sample and isn't the "truth" per se regarding Sheryl's condition.

I don't know if Sheryl ever had a followup evaluation with her actual blood being tested in other words... which could mean Grace is manipulating everything for a specific reason and allowing everyone to think Sheryl has the v-type infection, but there's a remote possibility that it's not true and everyone is accepting it on the basis of Grace's word and that faked blood sample.

And that reminds me. I'll throw it back into 22's discussion...

I don't see how that works. That would mean that it's only the earring that they're picking up. While we know that it is an amplifier, why would they only notice it now. Besides, what kind of crappy hospital labs does Frontier have if they're just now picking up and a supposedly advanced virus?

I don't see how that works. That would mean that it's only the earring that they're picking up. While we know that it is an amplifier, why would they only notice it now. Besides, what kind of crappy hospital labs does Frontier have if they're just now picking up and a supposedly advanced virus?

Well...Grace switching Sheryl's blood samples couldn't have helped...

Precisely my point. It seems obvious that she was switching them to prevent the disease from being discovered. Sheryl developing this was obviously part of the plan. When Ranka appeared, Sheryl was expendable. Since she made it back though, Grace probably felt it was best to keep the process going. Maybe she thought she could use a backup. Or maybe she's just plain cruel.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly wont be satisfied unless one of three things happen.

1 Micheal comes back (didn't they set up a possible Deus ex machina by having berela launch his VF on auto?)

It doesn't matter how many times I think about it his death just seems like such a throwaway like the writers just trying to prove that they have balls. why would you build up a relationship slowly over the course of 20 episodes just to have him die to save Klan from something that, let's be honest here was the size of her fist. and then not even give us an emotional follow up scene of her emediate greif. just skip to the pissed off out for revenge phase.

2 Klan dies so she can be with him in the afterlife, or not have to live w/o him (whichever your belief system supports better).

3 Sheryl AND Ranka die and alto and Klan end up together. blah blah both lost their love, similar situation they help each other through it. (I know i'm crazy but this kind of thing happens alot in real life.)

without knowing it I let the Klan KlanxMicheal aspect of the show take over as my reason for interest in continuing to watch (are they, aren't they? will they, wont they? they are? they did!? WTF he's dead!)

sure 1 and 3 are a bit far fetched but I'm still holdin out for #2 B))

Klan fans don't hate me I just can't see her moving on and getting with some random nobody (other than Alto)

Edited by pink

1 Micheal comes back (didn't they set up a possible Deus ex machina by having berela launch his VF on auto?)

It doesn't matter how many times I think about it his death just seems like such a throwaway like the writers just trying to prove that they have balls. why would you build up a relationship slowly over the course of 20 episodes just to have him die to save Klan from something that, let's be honest here was the size of her fist. and then not even give us an emotional follow up scene of her emediate greif. just skip to the pissed off out for revenge phase.

well, they needed him to die so klan could be used to force some development in the altoxsherylxranka triangle. (wasted of a good character but I'm not writing it.)

but I still think he could come back, though there's no way berea saved him. I say he's not dead and he's with the vajra.

why, because someone's going to have to convince alto not to kill ranka and all the vajra, and he's the man for the job.

(and I'm totaly not in denial here... really I'm not... :unsure: )

2 Klan dies so she can be with him in the afterlife, or not have to live w/o him (whichever your belief system supports better).

no, just no. If that happens I'm going to get on a plane, fly to japan, and punch someone in the face.

3 Sheryl AND Ranka die and alto and Klan end up together. blah blah both lost their love, similar situation they help each other through it. (I know i'm crazy but this kind of thing happens alot in real life.)

and yet, it still would turn the show into some sort of bad fanfiction, won't happen.

Watch Episode 21 and 22. Lots of Klan grieving there... :rolleyes:

without knowing it I let the Klan KlanxMicheal aspect of the show take over as my reason for interest in continuing to watch (are they, aren't they? will they, wont they? they are? they did!? WTF he's dead!)

sure 1 and 3 are a bit far fetched but I'm still holdin out for #2 B))

Klan fans don't hate me I just can't see her moving on and getting with some random nobody (other than Alto)

Jeez... Did you watched the original SDF Macross? Remember Claudia La Salle... :rolleyes:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I think that Alto may die. I think that the way his visor explodes in the opening titles indicates that things may not go well for him. We'll have to wait and see.

Taksraven

By that token, you could predict that both Ranka and Sheryl are going to die, since the OP shows them naked in the vacuum of space, which can't be healthy. ^_^

I predict:

Everybody dies! Grace wins! Frontier is followed up by an OVA chronicling the aftermath, where Galaxy takes over the universe. Empire Strikes Back ending!

Star Wars type? Hehe. Well, if you insist...

Shery: Alti, all I want is your love.

Alto: I won't lose you the way I lost my mother. I am becoming more powerful than any SMS has ever dreamed of, and I'm doing it for you: to protect you.

Sheryl: ...I don't believe what I'm hearing... Ozma was right... you've changed!

Alto: I don't want to hear any more about Ozma. SMS turned against me; don't you turn against me?

Sheryl: [crying] Alti, you're breaking my heart! And you're going down a path I cannot follow!

Yikes. :ph34r:

:lol: